Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: February 24th, 2016"

• WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty pumped for the pirate costumes, although not sure what the two with no shirts will look like for people running female characters :/
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty pumped for the pirate costumes, although not sure what the two with no shirts will look like for people running female characters :/

Probably like the female displayed one, just with the varied shoulder and bottoms. >.> That would be my guess anyway. Oh, and I'll be obviously trying to get the Banker and Merchant assistant, too convenient not to, even if you can't repair at the Merchant one... I wish the Merchant would have been a Khajiit though...and Banker something other than Dunmer. Not a fan of Dunmer...

If I am wrong about the female versions of the costumes displayed on males, though, I will be very intrigued indeed~<3
    Edited by Aerius_Sygale on February 26, 2016 3:01AM
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom If I could make a few small requests for the crown store, here they are:

- Hunting outfit for a wealthy Imperial from the Heartlands
    - Imperial robes and formal wear

And if you could bend another arm or two in order to get them to add a few more 'subfolders' in the inventory screen on Xbox One so that we can more clearly and easily find what we are looking for.

Oh, and when they do introduce housing, all these nifty unique stolen items would be awesome if we could somehow place them around the room.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if the drop rate for mercenary motifs is being decreased...

That means the price will go up, right? So, I'm sitting on about 1,050,000 hard earned gold atm... I think I can spare a few thousand gold now buying these motifs which are selling at 300g a pop at almost all guild traders, so maybe later I can sell them for 10k a pop.

Personally, I think it's worth the investment. :smiley:

Think about it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Really like the camel and assistants, but lol on the mercenary motif. As if there is not enough of that trash cluttering every guild trader in the game.
    I wouldn't lol just yet-
    From http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246463/pts-patch-notes-v2-3-1/p1:
    "Reduced the drop rate of Mercenary Motif chapters. They will now drop approximately one-fourth as often as they did previously from any given rank of Undaunted chests."

But who doesn't have it a million times already?

You can't give them away.

Of course those of us already here all have them but new players and players on a break returning for TG don't.

My concern is that this sets a bad precedent - "we're reducing the in game drop rate on something and at the same time we're making it available for cash in the crown store".

Next time it might not be something most people already have.

I think reducing the drop rate on Mercenary pages is needed, regardless of whether it's in the Crown Store. All guild traders are flooded with these things, and so reducing the drop rate will help to clear out some inventory and hopefully prices will rebound somewhat.

I'm just bummed that I didn't wait longer to purchase my Mercenary pages. I saw the prices dropping below 5K and started searching. I didn't spend more than 5K each, and I think my average was around 3K, but now (on XB) I've started seeing sub 1K prices. I don't do pledges, so I decided to purchase from other players, with the expectation that the Laurels would make it to the Crown Store with the release of the motif. Well, with the Mimic Stone coming to the Store, Laurels will become unbound, so that will give those doing Undaunted some extra cash selling Laurels. I'd much rather purchase those from players than spend real money on the Mimic Stone.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am disliking that they are holding out on costumes. Very disappointed also the limited time items is ridiculous now I can see it for some items maybe like the hero costumes but like different colored bears really. They need to add all of them in at once and keep them in. The Elven costume and Breton Costume should be in crown store with the thieves guild. Those sexy bosmer costumes I want should be added in with thieves guild to the crown store.
    That one senche mount and Lion mount should be added with thieves guild. Mind shriven skin and Horse needs to be made part of the imperial city dlc, and as permanent items.

Otherwise I am happy and am exicted for thieves guild dlc and dark brotherhood dlc.
    Also the banker and merchant should be released with the thieves guild dlc not like on the 31th =(
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 27, 2016 12:48PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the assistants will be account-based or character-based?
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭

That means the price will go up, right? So, I'm sitting on about 1,050,000 hard earned gold atm... I think I can spare a few thousand gold now buying these motifs which are selling at 300g a pop at almost all guild traders, so maybe later I can sell them for 10k a pop.

Think about it.

You will have to be really patient. There are so many atm and those need to run out first.
  • SymbioteKing26
    SymbioteKing26
    ✭✭✭
    Melilotta wrote: »
    I wonder if the assistants will be account-based or character-based?
    It better be account-based! *shakes fist in air*
    EP/ Breton Nightblade Healer. Is fond of cheese. And scamps.
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Alp wrote: »

Think about it.

You will have to be really patient. There are so many atm and those need to run out first.

That's true.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought about 30+ or so of them. No reward, without risk. And well, if things don't go to plan then I can always give them to a friend.

PS. I wish I had crafted in merc style for my v16 armor, instead I'm using Imperial and it sucks -- at least the light version does. I would re-craft but 1. I want to see what new styles come with the Thieve's Guild DLC, 2. I'm wondering maybe if when they scrap veteran ranks that they will also change how much material you need to craft what was v16 armor (if so then I don't want to spend a lot now if later it will cost less) and 3. some of my gear is "legendary". :neutral:

OH! And saying that actually made me think about the topic of transmogrification.

Something like that and a cosmetic surgeon/barber would make all my gripes with ESO disappear.
    Edited by PrimeSeptim on February 28, 2016 3:58AM
  • TERMINAT0R_XVII
    TERMINAT0R_XVII
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I was hoping that they would release the assistants when the Thieves Guild DLC was released instead of March 31st. I would much rather buy them than the camel mount, that's for sure.

And I agree, a big YAWN for the Mercenary motif. Give me something that I would really like to have like the Ancient Orc. Sheesh, who is in charge of their marketing department?

Hey at least they released the mercenary motif which is utterly worthless because of the high drop rate. Be glad they didn't release the akaviri motif. There would be whineapalooza and the general discussion would be flooded with "W%& ZoS!!!" threads. They most likely will release akaviri and ancient orc when the thieves guild drops. You just have to wait.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet" Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Xbox one NA server
    Current CP level: 481
    Main= Clan-Mother Ra'Zaria: Khajiit Dragonknight EP (Toxic Shock Build)
    Hlevala Redoran: Dark elf Sorcerer DC (Daedric Sorcerer Build)(race subject to change)
    Tsudajiti-Ri: Level 23 Kajiit Nightblade AD (Magicka, 3 hit ko Build)
    Tulara Ayrenn: High Elf Templar DC (Right Hand of Mara Build)
    One-Who-Breaks-Mountains: Argonian Templar EP (Left Hand of Mara Build)
    Lillca Boulder-Child: Nord Dragonknight EP (Indominable Tank Build)(no purge)
    Logranka-Gra-Orsinium: Level Orc Dragonknight AD (Volcanic Incineration Build)
    Nivinora Night-Hollow: Wood Elf Nightblade DC (Jaqspur Build)(bow abilities only)
    High Queen Atmorra: Level 10 Redguard Templar EP (Tireless Stamplar)
    Rakkiza Mane-Sister: Level 7 Khajiit nightblade DC (in progress)
    Vavakra Telvanni: Level 36 Dunmer Warden AD (in progress) (race subject to change)
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    Can you sell all of your items to the merchant, and then buy them back when you get into town? If so it kinda defeats the purpose of the banker.
  • kulaan_dovulom
    kulaan_dovulom
    ✭✭✭
    Finally a guar pet!!! :D<3
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Think about it.

Not really. Anybody who has the game as of now probably has the whole thing man. I have 5 toons who run dungeons and they know pretty much every page. So many they all know I just put on a trader for 500g.

Everyone knows it. For sure.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Really like the camel and assistants, but lol on the mercenary motif. As if there is not enough of that trash cluttering every guild trader in the game.
    I wouldn't lol just yet-
    From http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246463/pts-patch-notes-v2-3-1/p1:
    "Reduced the drop rate of Mercenary Motif chapters. They will now drop approximately one-fourth as often as they did previously from any given rank of Undaunted chests."

But who doesn't have it a million times already?

You can't give them away.

Then I'll take them off your hands to free up your inventory.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Think about it.

Not really. Anybody who has the game as of now probably has the whole thing man. I have 5 toons who run dungeons and they know pretty much every page. So many they all know I just put on a trader for 500g.

Everyone knows it. For sure.

People might be a bit out of touch.

I had no idea those were common and I have zero pages.

I guess I'll stop by some guild traders today if the pages are that cheap.