The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I Was Dueling A Blue Vet 5 Sorc With My Red Level 26 Templar in Scourge Yesterday. Have Questions.

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
As The title suggests. Here is 2 videos of my duel yesterday. Both are 15[ Minute each with NO SOUND. Please watch if you all can on spare time. I am level 26. I have 297 champion points. From my vet 16 templar. I worked really hard. Since he message me back seeing if I had any champion points since I couldn't be killed easily. However.

1. Is it fair for a low level to get CP from another character? By using this power to withstand and do alot of damages on a low level character.
2. Without CP would I become killed easily?
3. Since the changes coming for Azura and another Campaign. No CP I think. What is it like?
4. Is this a fair fight?
5. I am new to using a fire staff. Am I spamming that wheel alot? I appoligise if I am.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNN8YJljUI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hvO11pYrdj0
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    That sorcerer is pretty hopeless
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    The duel would possibly go by a lot faster if you used puncturing sweep. And to answer your questions...

1. I would consider it convenient to have a lot of champion points that can be used on all characters. You worked hard for them, so you deserve to enjoy them.

2. To an extent, champion points do help out a lot, but in your fight it looks like you were evenly matched. No offense, but against another player with at least a little skill, you'd get both get wiped regardless of how many champion points you have.

3. I think having no champion point campaigns is fair for new people, but it would also mean one who is used to having a lot of champion points would be weaker.

4. see 2

5. Play however you want because you paid good money for this game.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    answering your questions:

1. it is fine, BwB, the one non-vet PvP campaign, will be non-CP in just 2 weeks, so low levels having CPs is not an issue.

2. No, not in this fight anyway. You both were unable to put out high enough damage or burst to kill the other. You could not do it because you did not have any decent damage dealing focused ability, same with the sorcerer. You use a destruction staff, you need to be using Force shock if you dont have any other DPS ability to use. That wheel attack is meant as a knockback, not as a source of damage. As for the sorcerer, the only high damaging ability he used was crystal fragments, which were all hard cast and blocked by you. With both of y'alls low damage output, CPs would make very little difference here, no matter the amount.

3.I dont know; I have not tried them in the PTS.

4.it is a fair fight. You both seem to lack any decent damage focused ability, so it is a game of who will run out of resources first or make the first major mistake.

5. you are not, but I advise putting Force shock or some kind of DPS focused ability on with it. The damage you were dishing out is very low and will not be enough to deal with higher tier players. Same for the sorcerer.

I hope no offense has been taken from my comments
    Edited by Cody on February 26, 2016 10:05PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without trying to sound horrible, it's clear you both had no idea what you were doing.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like you're tickling each other! That Sorc tho...
    PC EU
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The duel would possibly go by a lot faster if you used puncturing sweep. And to answer your questions...

1. I would consider it convenient to have a lot of champion points that can be used on all characters. You worked hard for them, so you deserve to enjoy them.

2. To an extent, champion points do help out a lot, but in your fight it looks like you were evenly matched. No offense, but against another player with at least a little skill, you'd get both get wiped regardless of how many champion points you have.

3. I think having no champion point campaigns is fair for new people, but it would also mean one who is used to having a lot of champion points would be weaker.

4. see 2

5. Play however you want because you paid good money for this game.

1. I agree. But so many complaints about CP. Is this the reason why blackwater and Azura Star will no longer let us use our cp? I love CP though.

2. :blush: I haven't thought of that. You are actually right though.

3.yes. I thought I would have to start over to be honest.

4.Thanks for this quote. I start playing who I want to be. :smiley:
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

1. it is fine, BwB, the one non-vet PvP campaign, will be non-CP in just 2 weeks, so low levels having CPs is not an issue.

2. No, not in this fight anyway. You both were unable to put out high enough damage or burst to kill the other. You could not do it because you did not have any decent damage dealing focused ability, same with the sorcerer. You use a destruction staff, you need to be using Force shock if you dont have any other DPS ability to use. That wheel attack is meant as a knockback, not as a source of damage. As for the sorcerer, the only high damaging ability he used was crystal fragments, which were all hard cast and blocked by you. With both of y'alls low damage output, CPs would make very little difference here, no matter the amount.

4.it is a fair fight. You both seem to lack any decent damage focused ability, so it is a game of who will run out of resources first or make the first major mistake.

5. you are not, but I advise putting Force shock or some kind of DPS focused ability on with it. The damage you were dishing out is very low and will not be enough to deal with higher tier players. Same for the sorcerer.

1. I hear Azura star will be non cp as well. Will it be same time as BWB or any estimated time?

2. I have puncturing sweeps. But can only do 3. I think without running out of magicka. But you are right I have no damage. Thanks for tip into force shock. I try this one. I put 3 in stanima because of those crystal fragments :wink:

3.I was about to load of times.

4.I will try force shock. Thanks for tip.

5. No offense. I learn some stuff. Thank you :smiley:
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without trying to sound horrible, it's clear you both had no idea what you were doing.

Sound Horrible? No not at all lol. I agree. :smiley:
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you're tickling each other! That Sorc tho...

Lol. We sure were :wink:
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next time you see a Sorc casting frags like that, knock him down with a spear and follow up with a dark flare. If they're up in your face, hit them with Sweeps, repeatedly!
    PC EU
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

1. I hear Azura star will be non cp as well. Will it be same time as BWB or any estimated time?

2. I have puncturing sweeps. But can only do 3. I think without running out of magicka. But you are right I have no damage. Thanks for tip into force shock. I try this one. I put 3 in stanima because of those crystal fragments :wink:

3.I was about to load of times.

4.I will try force shock. Thanks for tip.

5. No offense. I learn some stuff. Thank you :smiley:

they will both turn non-CP at the same time.
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    No offense, but against another player with at least a little skill, you'd get both get wiped regardless of how many champion points you have.

Sick burn

Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this. Finally, I think I could hold my own in at least one fight...