The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Melee class+build that requires least movement?

Hoylegu
Hoylegu
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I'm old with slow reflexes. I have some ranged toons that are fun, but require a lot of movement for most fights.

Can someone suggest a class+build or two that requires the least amount of movement for solo PvE?

Thanks!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Dragonknight. Wrecking Blow, the morph of uppercut will be your friend.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina DK.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2h/shield and sword
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, all!
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I tried a Stamina DK briefly this morning, and, well...I did fine most solo fights, but got me arse handed to me in groups of 3.

I'm level 26, wearing 5M/1H/1L, going DW on both bars (second for buffs).

It could very well just be my n00bishness, but I struggled more than I liked, and still had to move a lot.

Any suggestions/adjustments/tips on how to refine a STA DK build so that this old man doesn't have to move so much and drop so much health each fight? Maybe I need more of a Tanky, sword and board and heavy armor build?

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have gimpy hands. Magicka DK tanking (heavy S&B) is by far the easiest for me in terms of keyboard/mouse usage, but requires my brain to work harder watching everyone in my group and the adds to keep the battlefield under control.

That said... it's also the toon that took the most time in game leveling and trying to finish any of the quests. When your damage is lower, it just takes much longer to kill anything.
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I have gimpy hands. Magicka DK tanking (heavy S&B) is by far the easiest for me in terms of keyboard/mouse usage, but requires my brain to work harder watching everyone in my group and the adds to keep the battlefield under control.

That said... it's also the toon that took the most time in game leveling and trying to finish any of the quests. When your damage is lower, it just takes much longer to kill anything.

Hmm, a Magicka DK build with heavy armor and S/B might be more in tune with what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any links to such a build I might peruse?

Thanks!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you're fighting groups spam brawler (morph of cleave).
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    Hmm, a Magicka DK build with heavy armor and S/B might be more in tune with what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any links to such a build I might peruse?

Thanks!

No links that I know of.

I'm running 40 points in health, rest in magicka, and I use purple drink. I run 5 piece Armor Master heavy reinforced, 2 piece Engine Guardian heavy reinforced, and 5 piece Trinimac (jewelry with health trait). Double S&B, health enchants on all armor. So that means 28/29k health and about 15k magicka, but with high regen. When tanking, I use magicka for DK crowd control skills, ranged taunt, and shields and mitigation. Stam is used for selective blocking and dodging, shuffle, taunt (pierce armor) and debuff (heroic slash). Stam is an issue in some fights like vet CoH pledge when you are keeping the wraiths aggro'd and have to block almost the whole time, but mostly I am self-sustaining.

When soloing or for bosses that can't be tanked, I switch to destro staff, 5 light Julianos divines/infused, 3 piece Willpower and the balance in Torug's Pact, and usually use purple food. My DPS set up is a modest 11-12k, but that's enough for most content.

I originally leveled up as a stam DK, tho.
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    When you're fighting groups spam brawler (morph of cleave).

Hmm, don't think I slotted Cleave/Brawler on my DK's STA build. Maybe that'll do the trick. Otherwise I'll have to try a Magicka/Sword+Board heavy armor build.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Templar or NB would work too. Any of the stamina weapon skills lines other than bow for weapon focus. Jabs for temp and other morph of concealed weapon on NB.
    Edited by Draxys on March 1, 2016 5:02AM

rip decibel
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use some kind of magicka build with self-heal/shields (sorc or nightblade). All melee builds require more situational awareness than ranged mages.
    Magicka sorc has insane burst damage, as well as the best shield in game. Its easy to play as well.
    Magicka nightblade also has high damage, very nice sustain and can heal himself and allies while doing damage. Both aoe and single target spells (funnel health and sap essense) can heal so you wont be too squishy even when youre in the middle of a big pack of mobs..
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on March 1, 2016 5:26PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS would say "Templar" as they have a "house".
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Magic dk. although you do need to have reflexes and pay attention to dot upkeep you mainly just stand in one place and whip. If things are far away, just use chains. If you can't stand close to boss do the same stuff and just swap in force pulse.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Templar, slowest of all. Stay in your house and 1 button to PvE victory!

Sweeps is a high damage single target and AoE that also self heals. Dark Flare has a long cast time but it will 2 shot any mob, it also had long range so you can stay in your box. You really cannot go wrong with Magicka Templar.

DK's are difficult at low level.
    PC EU