Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild Deep Dive: Grouping Tool Improvements"

• LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Enodoc , but what about the XP bonuses for using group finder and running with random people?
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    Thank you @Enodoc , but what about the XP bonuses for using group finder and running with random people?
    The only XP bonus that I am aware of is the one that comes from running a Random Dungeon. I don't know of any bonuses specifically for running with random people in any other situation.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @Enodoc Sorry, not xp bonus, I meant the buff. Not bonus.
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc Sorry, not xp bonus, I meant the buff. Not bonus.
    I don't think there is any XP buff; at least not outside the 10% buff you get for being in any group.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @Enodoc I am obviously not clarifying myself. I did not mean any xp buff or bonus, but the buff you receive for being with randoms. I thought there was a health and damage buff for using group finder.
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc I am obviously not clarifying myself. I did not mean any xp buff or bonus, but the buff you receive for being with randoms. I thought there was a health and damage buff for using group finder.
    Ah right, sorry! The health and damage buff you receive from the group finder is part of the battle-levelling system. Since all group finder dungeons are VR16, anyone below VR16 gets a boost to their stats so that they can complete the content. Since this boost is specifically dependent on the individual character's base stats, there is no general way to show the stat increases provided by the boost. What you do see though is an entry on the Character sheet which says "Scaled Level: VR16". This is your indication that the boost is active.
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, thank you for the clarification.
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc in response to a post you made earlier in this thread, I understand that anyone who groups for a "random dungeon" will actually be thrown into whatever group comes first - whether it's a group full of random dungeon queued people OR people looking for a specific dungeon.

"Lastly, we've worked hard to address bugs and improve the backend to make queue times faster. As more players will now be queuing for a random dungeon to gain rewards, it will help reduce the queue times for those who have been waiting for a specific dungeon."

That's how I would understand that bit of the article anyways. If 3 people are waiting to do "Banished Cells" and then someone queues for a "random dungeon" (and happens to be the role that 3 player group need), the random queue person would get thrown into the BC dungeon. That's why it's random.. it just uses you to top of groups waiting ;) lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Enodoc in response to a post you made earlier in this thread, I understand that anyone who groups for a "random dungeon" will actually be thrown into whatever group comes first - whether it's a group full of random dungeon queued people OR people looking for a specific dungeon.

"Lastly, we've worked hard to address bugs and improve the backend to make queue times faster. As more players will now be queuing for a random dungeon to gain rewards, it will help reduce the queue times for those who have been waiting for a specific dungeon."

That's how I would understand that bit of the article anyways. If 3 people are waiting to do "Banished Cells" and then someone queues for a "random dungeon" (and happens to be the role that 3 player group need), the random queue person would get thrown into the BC dungeon. That's why it's random.. it just uses you to top of groups waiting ;) lol
    Yeah, that works! Good spot :)
  • Slashie
    Slashie
    ✭✭
    Love how I don't have to use LFG to invite my friends characters on other factions to run dungeons with me.
    A simple invite and away we go!
  • xbutch
    xbutch
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes. Individual XP gains now show up in the Loot History popup as well.

Cool cool. Too bad that those numbers are meaningless.
    How many pixels of the Champion Point bar would 485XP be exactly?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbutch wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes. Individual XP gains now show up in the Loot History popup as well.
    Cool cool. Too bad that those numbers are meaningless.
    How many pixels of the Champion Point bar would 485XP be exactly?
    No idea. On PC, you can get a tooltip showing your exact progression on all progress bars, but an equivalent doesn't seem to exist on console (although it really should).
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we have still quite a few problems and bugs

- No v16 players want to use grouping tool, because they fear to get some crappy v1+ dd`s
    ==> Everyone is spamming in chat
    - Tanks dont want inexpirienced, low dps groups, so they dont use lfg tool. (Note... i queued random and got portet into icp... after 20 min Bossfight with first boss, i had to save my soul and quit the group... which i normaly hardly do. )
    Lets face it... noone wants 8h wgt runs...
    - Some dungeons are way faster/easyer with just 3 DD`s and 1 heal
    - Wgt. You need a specific group as a tank, or a dd setup. My tank hates to change.
    - Waiting for a group is insane for Dps. As a Tank i had to wait up to 10 Minutes in primetime EU. So i guess the tool itself is a bit slow.
    - People still dont get the scaling mechanism and avoid the tool, because they think, they dont get proper rewards
    - You cant set options like lvl range of players, speedrun, exp only.
    - Some Tanks (and others) just instaquit group after grouping.
    - The Set you get from random-dungeon is crap. (Ceterum censeo... implement some better tanksets... plz... thnx)

Plz insert some mechanics to make this tool even more attractive to players. For example you could give some extra- undaunted points. Implement a dmg scaling, which equals the crappy sets and upgrades some ppl wear, while not beeing v16

There are still some bugs:

- Can not jump to instance, because its full (and no... there are realy only 3 ppl in the instance)
    - Some group get bigger than 4 ppl
    - No Queue position or accurate ETA.
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    12963901_10154054941109253_3187410999565670817_n.jpg?oh=9f5e88cd6877ec06ae5f5c6880c281fa&oe=578D79E2
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the same time...

12928186_10154054952279253_5668915209991373874_n.jpg?oh=f1f71b1ba45e107c9ec6012e8419c8e3&oe=577F4CCF

and i am v16
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @Iduyenn Thank you for this. I am glad you posted the screen shots. I have told many people this is not working but some people have argued with me that it is great. How is it great? I too, over the weekend, tried to tank a group but it just was not working out. I also went and did dps for a different group that did not work out. It took me close to two hours before I was able to go into the dungeon as a dps with a group that was not made up of low levels. For anyone that has not realized, unless I am wrong, battle leveling V1-V whatever is not the same as a maxed V16. As a low level veteran I will not max out my gear. Why would I when I am just going to craft new gear? So, even when battle leveled I will not be as strong as I would when I am a V16 because everything is maxed out when I am V16. All gold everything.

I am super excited about the dungeons as a playlist but right now it just does not work.
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight