The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't we upgrade jewelry?

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I cant remember the dates,but I received my first invite in 2013.Please dont think I am trying to be snart arse about the jewelry crafting.I was just wondering why I hadnt seen in when I was ingame back then.

Yeah, no, I'm honestly not sure when it was removed. So, I'm trying to construct a timeline as best I can.

Please,post it if you can find it.It would be nice to know,if only so I dont make the mistake of telling anyone else there never was any. XD

The most concrete thing I've got, at the moment is, Nestor's quote above. Which comes out of this thread.

Incidentally, the ESOHead listing they're referencing can be found here.

At this point, I'd be inclined to think that's decent evidence to say, "yes, at some point in time this system did exist." And, it's not too unreasonable to assume that it was removed during the early closed betas. Probably before July 2013. Because he phrased it as "we used to have" instead of "I've been told," I'm inclined to think he actually saw the system first hand.

I can keep poking around a little more, but I think, in this case, it'll be more constructive to wait for Nestor, or another of the early Psijics to weigh in... if any are willing to.

EDIT: Or I could egregiously derp up the URL tags, that's an option too.

I'm inclinedgo with you.You seem to have found good referencing for a yes. Thanks for digging the info up. I wonder what else we have forgotten that was in the game at the beginning.Man,thats a long time ago to wrack one's brain about. XD
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, checking the Ring of Hunding's Rage thread a little more closely, it's pretty clear a couple of people in there had direct exposure to the previous iteration of the crafting system. You can cross reference them with the Psijic Order roll call thread, to verify they were in fact testing the systems back then.

It also pushes the crafting overhaul that disposed of jewelry crafting to after July. Since Driosketch joined roughly the same time as SirAndy.

If you want to dig up some other cool stuff, there's also the early beta versions of the maps. Which had a very different artistic style from the final versions.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone keeps saying "from what I heard",but no one has actually said they know it was ingame so far.

That's cause it was in way early beta of ESO nearly 3 or 4 years ago. Not many beta players back than and even then the ones who were beta probably don't even remember it.

I'm one of those early beta players.Mind you I wasnt one of those secret Psijiic ones,but I was in on the first ones and I never saw crafting of jewelry then.

Look point being is players want jewelry crafting but ZOS is hesitance cause of course players will abuse it and some how break it and make it OP.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can trust @SirAndy and @Nestor 's join dates to indicate when they started testing (roughly). That suggests that Jewely crafting was pulled sometime between March and July of 2013. Assuming SirAndy hasn't just forgotten about it, and it really didn't exist by the time he got in.
    I didn't sign up for the forums immediately after getting into the beta, i think i first saw the game in early May of 2013. So Nestor has a good 2 months on me, which makes it very plausible that jewelry crafting did exist at one time.

There's plenty of stuff that was cut early on, like the original minimap and combat log or my personal favorite: XP and loot depending on "how well" you did in a fight.

Or, maybe it's just my Alzheimer kicking in!
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on March 1, 2016 1:58AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone keeps saying "from what I heard",but no one has actually said they know it was ingame so far.

That's cause it was in way early beta of ESO nearly 3 or 4 years ago. Not many beta players back than and even then the ones who were beta probably don't even remember it.

I'm one of those early beta players.Mind you I wasnt one of those secret Psijiic ones,but I was in on the first ones and I never saw crafting of jewelry then.

Look point being is players want jewelry crafting but ZOS is hesitance cause of course players will abuse it and some how break it and make it OP.

So whats your point to this comment? starkerealm and I were talking about whether there was any or not ever,so we would be able to tell others who might ask about it. Our conversation is relevant to the thread.Why didnt you speak to him as well as me?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    If I can trust @SirAndy and @Nestor 's join dates to indicate when they started testing (roughly). That suggests that Jewely crafting was pulled sometime between March and July of 2013. Assuming SirAndy hasn't just forgotten about it, and it really didn't exist by the time he got in.
    I didn't sign up for the forums immediately after getting into the beta, i think i first saw the game in early May of 2013. So Nestor has a good 2 months on me, which makes it very plausible that jewelry crafting did exist at one time.

There's plenty of stuff that was cut early on, like the original minimap and combat log or my personal favorite, the XP and loot depending on "how well" you did in a fight.

shades.gif

You remember if you were in before crafting was overhauled into it's current system?

I'm honestly kind of curious as to what the original crafting setup was. Aside from the existence of Jewelry, I've never really heard details on why it was so daunting, or how it worked.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's plenty of stuff that was cut early on, like the original minimap and combat log or my personal favorite, the XP and loot depending on "how well" you did in a fight.

shades.gif

You remember if you were in before crafting was overhauled into it's current system?

I'm honestly kind of curious as to what the original crafting setup was. Aside from the existence of Jewelry, I've never really heard details on why it was so daunting, or how it worked.

I am interested as well. There was so much back then that was different from what it is now.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I always thought they yanked jeweller because a crafting skill line with only -two- things to craft/research would look somewhat anemic... even compared to woodworking at six, and especially to the other two at fourteen.

Of course, it would be nifty to get jeweller added!
    All they would need were more things to craft... and there are possibilities.
    Crowns for example, as piece that has limited armor value, but perhaps some group-wide buff if worn by the leader?
    Or some alternate destruction/restoration magic weapon... I always thought having only staves was a bit meh in this regard, and would love to see some "spell focus" as alternate option, things like (depending on racial style) holy symbols, ornate spellbooks, gemmed skulls, meditation crystals, gilded scepters, shaman rattles - sounds like stuff right up a jewellers alley.
    Bing - rings and amulets and crowns and three destra and one resto spell focus - seven things to craft. And with that, jeweller would be as viable as woodworking...
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭

There's plenty of stuff that was cut early on, like the original minimap and combat log or my personal favorite: XP and loot depending on "how well" you did in a fight.

shades.gif

That's right! There were supposed to be XP boost for blocking were dodging at the right time!
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    So, now that finally I have everything at Legendary quality, I am wondering why can't we upgrade our Necklace+Rings to gold? They can't be upgraded at all, why?

Because it's ZOS.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alabyn wrote: »

shades.gif

That's right! There were supposed to be XP boost for blocking were dodging at the right time!

I remember that being discussed in some of the prerelease interviews, when ZoS was showing off the game to press.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    So, now that finally I have everything at Legendary quality, I am wondering why can't we upgrade our Necklace+Rings to gold? They can't be upgraded at all, why?

Zos wants you to do endless leaderboard trials and PVP for that 2% chance to get one....
    NA Server - Kildair