The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I am squishy... oh so squishy

TitanJeff
TitanJeff
✭✭
Wood Elf NB. Level 44. Bow/DW.

My level points: 2/8/33

I'm finding I remain reeeeeeeeally squishy versus any boss or anyone close to a 44.

My D/W damage is 1009 with a 38.3% crit. My bow is 904 with 57.3%

Bow bar:
Reaper's Mark, Camo Hunter, Lethal Arrow, Venom Arrow, Mass Hysteria, Soul Tether

D/W bar:
Ambush, Surprise Attack, Killer Blade, Dark Cloak, Whirling Blades, Soul Tether

I'm really blowing through stamina even after drinking something to help. I have stamina on all my gear though some are a few levels below.

I'm totally PvE right now. I'm sneaking behind. Popping a lethal arrow, following with a venom. I then his mass hysteria and go D/W pretty much following my bar.

Any suggestions appreciated.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your gear? Gear is a major factor, along with mundus stone
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what are your regen rates?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and btw, focused arrow (whatever that morph name is) does more damage than lethal arrow.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and deathstroke will allow you to do more damage than if you were to use tether, as deathstroke can be used constantly do to it only costing 50 ultimate.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you might also look into using siphoning strikes, it will help you with sustaining your resources.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    What's your gear? Gear is a major factor, along with mundus stone

I'm using the Thief stone and my gear is mixed bag as I am only able to make level 42 items.

Here's what I have now:

D/W: Two axes of Hunding's Rage (no others do I have 6 attributes) 42
    Bow: Prismatic Long Bow 42

Most of my armor is medium 38-42 range stuff. No sets. The sets I could make were all weaker so went with quest stuff and a few found items.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    what are your regen rates?

Max Stamina - 13015
    Stam Regen - 924

Max Health - 13145
    Health Regen - 317
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam regen is low etc...

But that can all be fixed with gear

Sets will provide a huge boost
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make a Lower trait set, and 4pc of another one.. or ask someone In game to craft you one. It's the missing link.
  • kingqueso950
    Run ashen grip and nights silence if you dont have 6 traits researched
    Ebonhart Pact
    Ascension
    GT: krazyj69
  • Apothecy
    Apothecy
    ✭✭✭
    you might also look into using siphoning strikes, it will help you with sustaining your resources.

This. If you're having trouble with resource management, Siphoning Strikes (morph of Siphoning Attacks) is really helpful at keeping both stamina AND magicka up.

And I'm not sure if you have or not, but make sure you put skill points into the medium armor passives. A couple of those will also help with stamina resource management and damage output.

Switching to dual daggers will increase your critical rating, if you have the twin blade and blunt passive. Axes IMO aren't worth it given that not all enemies can bleed.

Make sure you mark targets with Reaper's Mark when you're about to kill them, as it gives you a big self heal and buffs your damage output.

If you're doing damage mainly with your DW bar, I'd switch Camo Hunter to that bar to better benefit the increased critical rating.
    Main: Imperial -- Nightblade -- LVL 50
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Platform: PC
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Run ashen grip and nights silence if you dont have 6 traits researched

Sounds good. I've got Ashen Grip loaded up now and headed to get Night's Silence. Thanks.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Apothecy wrote: »

This. If you're having trouble with resource management, Siphoning Strikes (morph of Siphoning Attacks) is really helpful at keeping both stamina AND magicka up.

And I'm not sure if you have or not, but make sure you put skill points into the medium armor passives. A couple of those will also help with stamina resource management and damage output.

Switching to dual daggers will increase your critical rating, if you have the twin blade and blunt passive. Axes IMO aren't worth it given that not all enemies can bleed.

Make sure you mark targets with Reaper's Mark when you're about to kill them, as it gives you a big self heal and buffs your damage output.

If you're doing damage mainly with your DW bar, I'd switch Camo Hunter to that bar to better benefit the increased critical rating.

On Siphoning Strikes, I read this: "While toggled, your attacks deal less damage. Weapon and Spell damage is reduced by 23%." This spooked me away. This is from the esohead.com site.

I've loaded up medium armor passives and that's helped.

I usually carry dual daggers but didn't have the six attributes on them so went axe so I could use Hunding's Rage. But it might not be worth it.

Nice idea on Camo Hunter, thanks.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    using two handed with cleave makes an easy leveling build.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try repairing your gear, using food, wielding crafted set gear with enchantments, use skills like mark target on enemies you can kill fast for healing, healing while attacking is imperative...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i see no heals on your bars, also gear is very important
    whats your spell and physical resistance?
  • Slashie
    Slashie
    ✭✭
    Get siphoning strikes. The buff from siphoning, it's incredible.
    I did some testing on my stamina NB and I was able to fully sustain myself even while spamming steel tornado just by having it active and weaving. That's with 700 stamina regen.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Full medium Armour? Vampire?

I like you guys in PvP. 1 shot empowered Dawnbreaker's.

My Stamina NB has 2 heavy, chest and legs. Has all stats into stamina. Usually get 80 kills per every death in PvP.

PvE, pretty easy, just maintain all your buffs but you're gonna have to go 2H for survivability i'm afraid. 2H/bow or 2H/DW, up to you but you need Rally!
    PC EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, you don't have a heal. I know mark does when they die, but that isn't viable. Go 2h and morph momentum into rally.

Best you're going to get unless you pvp for vigor.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Try repairing your gear, using food, wielding crafted set gear with enchantments, use skills like mark target on enemies you can kill fast for healing, healing while attacking is imperative...

Just updated the gear with a set and that's helping. I do munch bread often.

I'm sure some of my issue is fighting style. I do take out the mender first followed by any wizard via bow. It buys me time as the others are charging.

Fighting bosses is another story. If I can get around behind them, I rule. If not, gonna be squished. And I probably roll much more than I should which costs stamina.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Slashie wrote: »
    I did some testing on my stamina NB and I was able to fully sustain myself even while spamming steel tornado just by having it active and weaving. That's with 700 stamina regen.

Weaving? Please explain.

I'm sold on getting SS. Where do you see that fitting on my bar? I assume D/W.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Full medium Armour? Vampire?

I like you guys in PvP. 1 shot empowered Dawnbreaker's.

My Stamina NB has 2 heavy, chest and legs. Has all stats into stamina. Usually get 80 kills per every death in PvP.

PvE, pretty easy, just maintain all your buffs but you're gonna have to go 2H for survivability i'm afraid. 2H/bow or 2H/DW, up to you but you need Rally!

I love my bow! ;)

I hate the thought of being level 44 and just starting with 2H but it may need to happen. I've not ventured over to PvP yet. And do you not lose out by not having a full medium armor setup?
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should be running D/W on front bar and resto staff on the back.

If you have been researching traits you can craft yourself a nice low level gear set.

Bow does worst damage in pve.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah as others have suggested some healing abilities wold be good. I wouldn't go for a restoration staff though, since you are a stamina build. The healing from momentum from 2H skill line is a good idea, and sooner or later you will want to level up 2-handed anyway. I also use Brawler (morph of cleave I think) for a little damage shield. As soon as the DLC goes live, it will take significantly less AP to unlock Vigor from the PvP skill line, which is a stamina based heal. Really beneficial for all stamina builds.
    The info about siphoning strikes is outdated. Only one of its morphs reduces spell and weapon damage. So, if you morph it, go for the other one. It really helps sustain.

Weaving means doing a weapon attack directly followed by a skill, which will result in the weapon attack animation being cancelled, but still doing damage.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    vigor and rally
    Up the hornz
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    TitanJeff wrote: »
    Slashie wrote: »

Weaving? Please explain.

I'm sold on getting SS. Where do you see that fitting on my bar? I assume D/W.
    Siphoning strikes probably would fit on whatever bar has aoe on it.
    Weaving is when you do light/medium attacks in-between abilities.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    my damage bar at v16:

surprise attack (light attack between spams), steel tornado, camo hunter, killers blade, relentless focus - normally Flawless Dawnbreaker for ultimate - cammo hunter here because it gives you Major Savagery, not activating it still works

my bow: acid spray, scorched earth, Mark, focused or lethat arrow, funnel health - ultimate here I switch a lot

still squishy, you can get some self heal with killers blade

depends on what you are doing,, this works, or can work with 1-2 skill swaps depending on what you are doing

like trash mobs: open by marking target, hit it with focused aim, enemy will rush you, put scorched earth over where you choose to have the fight, hit them, with funnel health/acid spray - switch to DW bar and spam steel tornado - finish off whatever is alive with killers blade

5 light attacks with relentless will give you assassins will - bow shot with good damage on it btw, worth having for boss fights

you can swap relentless focus out for siphoning strikes or something else, or a cloak, or even shuffle/blur, but I like extra stamina regen and that bow after 5 light or heavy attacks

normally if you are in a group with a good tank and a healer - this works great - if anybody is lacking, it gets scary sometimes, because there is no self heal - I think a lot has to do with their CP points, I don't have a lot

anyway, I hit v16, and I still don't know how some NB's survive what they survive, its ridiculous sometimes the stuff I see them pull off in Sewers and Vet dungeons

alas, I know a lot of people don't like Wrecking Blow spam on NB's, but it works as well - for this, get a 2h sword, your bar will remain almost the same - swap your bow skills for Rally , Executioner, and Wrecking Blow

oh btw if you are doing dungeon and you have a good healer, you can put rearming trap on your DW bar, or swap something more useful instead of Killers Blade - this I mostly use just for self heal

I keep editing this post, but - for boss fights - marking them with Mark and hitting them with Focused morph works great too, a lot of delve bosses can be taken out quick lol

right now I have Shadow for a stone, daggers can give you more crit - combined with Thief stone its nice
    Edited by pcar944 on March 1, 2016 10:20AM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    It appears a lot of my issues may be doing a better job learning my skills and using them at the correct time.

I often just start down my bar without weaving.

Either way, I made a greatsword so now trying it out. Only level 9 but already have Cleave and Critical Charge open to try. Their morphs, Brawler and Stampede sound interesting.

Any 2H bar suggestions appreciated. Looks like I'll have to wait a while for Rally.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm V16 but still feel squishy as a Nightblade (my only character) especially when I see people soloing world bosses and dungeons in Craglorn. Death stroke is handy and can be used quickly (I think it'll pretty much recharge from a single light attack) and I find Swallow Soul a reasonable damage dealer that heals a little too.
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    GrimMauKin wrote: »
    I'm V16 but still feel squishy as a Nightblade (my only character) especially when I see people soloing world bosses and dungeons in Craglorn. Death stroke is handy and can be used quickly (I think it'll pretty much recharge from a single light attack) and I find Swallow Soul a reasonable damage dealer that heals a little too.

You're a nightblade, man. Funnel health all the way! :wink:
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)