The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alliance change in crown store?

AverageJo3Gam3r
AverageJo3Gam3r
✭✭✭✭✭
I've heard a lot of people talk about changing classes, race, and appearance. What about a purchasable alliance change? Maybe with restrictions that you can't join a campaign in progress upon switching. I know I leveled a character in EP but now have a bunch of buddies in AD. Would love to bring my original character to AD.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its even more iffy due to quest progression and such.
    IF they made any alliance change feature, the only way to avoid the worst of the trouble would be to limit it for after completing the whole of cadwells...

Which in fact would make a lot of sense too.
    If done right.

I for one would love to see some special questline opening up after completion of cadwells gold, with an "loyalty called in question" theme, where your character gets to make a big decision...
    - stay loyal to your alliance and find out who tarnished your reputation, spending the rest of the questline finding evidence of the frameup and hunting those responsible...
    - or defect to another alliance, spending the rest of the questline courting your new home and preparing your escape...
    Might take you all over your five "homeland" maps, and ending in either a big "prove your loyalty to your faction leadership" scene, or a daring escape a mere step away from your factions agents... come on, who wouldn't love to slam a porticullis shut in Razum-Dar's face while you hop on a boat bound for pact lands with Naryu, throwing a snarky one-liner back at your former comrade?

Of course... there ought to be consequences to becoming a known traitor. Perhaps a reduction in AP gains, as your new alliance isn't sure if they can fully trust you? This would also make such an option way less desirable for hardcore PvPers, who often are most wary of including such a feature as they fear it might unbalance the factions in cyrodil...
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    A suggestion I saw that I really liked was that after completing Cadwell's gold and seeing all of the alliances, you have a one time opportunity to change you alliance. Makes sense to me.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firewatch wrote: »
    A suggestion I saw that I really liked was that after completing Cadwell's gold and seeing all of the alliances, you have a one time opportunity to change you alliance. Makes sense to me.

Yep, I like that idea.
  • Zeth163
    Zeth163
    Would like to see what ZOS says about it
    Bring fourth the Four Horsemen and let the Apocalypse judge the wicked
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    faction change? reroll an AD sorc. still gets stomped on by their previous faction. i love it when i come across turncoats in cyrodiil. none the less its a video game.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ESO no race change, no alliance change and please no class change.

Thank you.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Yep this is one way for somebody to play all sides, and totally destroy the little balance that there is in Cyrodill. I want to go do PVP in Cyrodill, but I am put off because each server is ruled by one faction or another and the one that has all 3 equally matched is full almost all the time. Now I just go there for Skyshards. I want all 3 factions to be equal, so that you can have some EPIC battles just like in medieval times.