The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A stamina bow & One-hand/Shield

Patouf
Patouf
✭✭✭
Hello ESO community !

I am looking for a class/race for a stamina playstyle with bow & 1h/shield. ONLY for PvP, I am not looking for the best, just an efficient way to play with bow/shield. Is it possible ?

I love this playstyle ! Thanks to him !

My stamina playstyle :
-Lot of escape/dodge
-Ranged
-Melee = not squishy, thats why I want 1h/Board
-Burst or DoT, not matter but "to not depend" on stealth gameplay

I am not sure Stam Sorc is the class for my play style (bow & 1h /shield). What class/race would you recommend ?

Am I expecting so much ?

Thank you for your kind attention :)

Ruined Laggy Broken Game
Sithis & Psijic Order
Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
VØID

Best Answers

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think you need two hander for rally. I do have sword and shield and bow leveled in addition to two hander. So I will use two hander and bow or two hander and sword and board. Then get vigor for the stamina based heal from the alliance war skill line. Stam classes in no particular order Imperial, Redguard, Wood elf, or Orc. Don't worry about fancy armor or weapons until you are leveled AND have skill points. Lots of escape evade probably a nightblade. You can't go wrong with a wood elf. The stealth detection bonus actually helps a lot and the damage bonus from stealth is nice as well. I would recommend khajit too but the crit bonus is broken so it is not an advantage.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Answer ✓
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dahg's build would work great for your play style. Stam Sorcs likely make the best bow mainhanders because of their utility through Bolt Escape, Encase, Minefield, and Bound Armaments. Stams Sorcs also have Power Surge which works well with Crit Chance which synergies with bow.

It should be noted that the main advantage of SnB over Twohand is the reflect, so with a kite focused build, you can really deal with people at range.

Personally, I've been playing my Orc Stamina Templar and while Stamplar's probably don't make the best mainhand bow users they make great SnB/Bow users. Stamplars have access to Binding Javelin which is a cool utility for bow. The feel is more of a skirmisher than a dedicated bow user, with frequent charges into the fray with your melee weapon. Stamina Templars get some bonuses for crit damage, weapon damage, blocking at melee range, and the Holy Nova ultimate which would work great with the bow/snb style play.

I'm told Stam DK's make very gank focused bow-users with their heavy attack bonus, but that is going to be nerfed a bit with Thieve's Guild. They also get block bonuses.

Personally I love orcs for skirmisher/kiting builds. The run speed and cost reduction is amazing.
    Patouf wrote: »
    Thank you for your answer.

So PvP as a stamina player without rally does not work ?

EDIT : would Khajiit passives be fixed with the next dlc ?

It could work without rally but you would need vigour.

In the 2.3.0 patch notes, it is stated that some things were corrected with crit chance. Gina later confirmed this would also apply to Khajits.
    Edited by ClockworkArc on February 28, 2016 9:25PM
    Answer ✓
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would bow/shield/2h be more interesting on dk/nb/templar rather than sorc with escape, range, ?

well it does but only under really specific circumstances.

1. you have to have vigor
    2. you´ll need another source of major brutality = > flying blade from DW

so the only option with out 2h will be a DW+S&B combi as bow requires 2h for synergies.

with the next dlc no stamina build will have a reliable escape mechanic.

Edited by Tankqull on February 28, 2016 9:15PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Answer ✓
  • wharf
    wharf
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

Would bow/shield/2h be more interesting on dk/nb/templar rather than sorc with escape, range, ?

well it does but only under really specific circumstances.

1. you have to have vigor
    2. you´ll need another source of major brutality = > flying blade from DW

so the only option with out 2h will be a DW+S&B combi as bow requires 2h for synergies.

with the next dlc no stamina build will have a reliable escape mechanic.

you don't NEED major brutality. I think it's seen as this thing that stam users have got to incorporate into their builds or else they are trash. If you're thinking about running a sword and board/bow build do it. Its definitely viable and you're going to be more mobile and useful in groups without two hander. Also you're going to be tankier and a ranged threat if your 1h/s and bow.

If you're not going to be getting the 20% damage buff from major brutality be sure to make up for that elsewhere such as running dots or healing debuffs to keep the pressure on your opponents. Definitely ways to make stam builds work without major brutality..but if you think you've got to have it, then maybe crafting some potions that give you the buff instead of using 2hander is also a route you could take.
    Answer ✓
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Patouf on February 28, 2016 8:01PM
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    VØID

• Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    Your answers are very usefull.

With igneous weapon we also have major brutality as a Dk.

Burning breath
    Bonus for fire attack (bow have ones)
    Instable flames
    Corrosive armor(sniper)
    Take flight(to finish)
    Talons for escape
    Dragon fire scale (tanky)
    Dragon blood

I am just wondering if Dk be more efficient with bow shield than stam sorc ... for dealing damage with bow and tankier but with less escape
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    VØID