The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka DK Lich Bomb Build (PVP)

LokoMatic
LokoMatic
✭✭✭
Magicka DK Proxy Lich- I have tried many different Magicka DK builds fully focusing on PVP DPS, and I found this to be the highest damage build for AOE damage. It works best with a small – medium sized group, and it is a blast to play. I have gotten a lot of requests lately to share the build so I figured I would.
Things you will need : 300-350+ CP
Proximity Det

I did some testing on the proc chance of Nerien’eth and found it to be very frequent, to where it can be procced one after another as long as the dps is flowing. (2-3 enemies around) On the tooltip my Nerien’eth sits at around 11K buffed – mostly with about 70 points into Thaumaturge.

You will need to use talons when you see a lich cystal proc as it does have quite a small radius, but with the damage and frequency t is very capable of doing heavy damage.

5 Piece Kagrenacs (Chest + Legs infused, rest Divines) Light
2 Piece Nerien’eth (Impen) 1 M, 1 H
2 Piece Torug – Sword and Board (prescise, impen)
3 Piece Willpower – spell dmg glyphs.
1 Malestrom Resto (don’t have it yet)

Atro Stone

Glyphs- 5 Magicka 2 Health(on infused pieces)

CP build is somewhat lenient – make sure you have some in bastion, and quick recovery. Light armor focus is good and so is Hardy, haven’t had too much of an issue playing around with these.
You will need at least 60 into Elemental Expert, and 60 into Thaumaturge to do some heavy damage with this.

Bars: SnB:
Flame Lash
Reflective Scale
Burning Talons
Invasion
Deep Breath
Clouding Swarm / Meteor

Resto:
Healing Ward
Igneous Shield
Volatile Armor
Proxy Det
Entropy
Meteor / Take Flight

Ticks that Nerien’eth proc’s off other than light / heavy attacks.
Burning Talons initial damage
Deep breath inhale and exhale
Flame Lash
Reflective Scale
Volatile Armor dmg return

Buffed Stats (Max Health, Magicka Regen food)
Max Mag – 30.5K
Max Health – 27K
Max Stam – 10K

Spell Damage – 3150
Spell Crit – 43%
Magicka Recovery – 1976

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LoKoMaTiC/video/15171209
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LoKoMaTiC/video/15171574

Hope this helps, if you have any questions shoot away.
Edited by LokoMatic on February 26, 2016 4:20PM
Harbingers of Death
Poison Injection
Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of a similar build next patch but 5 kag/5 VD/2 Nerien. Or even 2x seducer/torug for dmg/regen
    I'll likely go blood spawn though.
    Chains instead of invasion.

Meteor on first bar for more mag/regen.
    Devouring on second bar.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on February 26, 2016 5:08PM
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    That would work well, was thinking that too for next patch. The set works well though, with higher proc chance itll be easier. Especially with the Thaumaturge and Ele expert getting combined.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    That would work well, was thinking that too for next patch. The set works well though, with higher proc chance itll be easier. Especially with the Thaumaturge and Ele expert getting combined.

Yeah i'l have to try it, problem with dk's is that they use ult's to sustain. Which is rather unreliable. Plus i'm hoping 5/1/1 With 5x impen and 2x Infused (Hybrid glyphs for those pieces) That volatile + bloodspawn proc should make it so i'm not paper anymore. I'll even be able to block quite a lot.
    PS4 EU DC

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LokoMatic, nice build, I'm stoked to see someone has found a way to make nerien'eth work in pvp, mostly see DKs running around in bloodspawn, engine guardian, or maybe kena.
    CP build is somewhat lenient – make sure you have some in bastion, and quick recovery. Light armor focus is good and so is Hardy, haven’t had too much of an issue playing around with these.
    You will need at least 60 into Elemental Expert, and 60 into Thaumaturge to do some heavy damage with this.

would you mind sharing your distribution? I'm mostly curious how you spread your warrior points. I wouldn't personally feel safe in only 2 impen, are you stacking a ton of points into resistant as well?

Also, it seems 1900 magika regen is VERY high for a DK, are you running potions that add major intellect? if so are these stats with or without potion up? If that's without potion, have you considered dropping atronach? You could go mage/apprentice for pure damage, but I personally like Ritual stone on mag DK.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of a similar build next patch but 5 kag/5 VD/2 Nerien. Or even 2x seducer/torug for dmg/regen

Devouring on second bar.

5 Alchemist 5 VD 2 Kena(or skoria) for maximum Zerg bombing!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @LokoMatic, nice build, I'm stoked to see someone has found a way to make nerien'eth work in pvp, mostly see DKs running around in bloodspawn, engine guardian, or maybe kena.

would you mind sharing your distribution? I'm mostly curious how you spread your warrior points. I wouldn't personally feel safe in only 2 impen, are you stacking a ton of points into resistant as well?

Also, it seems 1900 magika regen is VERY high for a DK, are you running potions that add major intellect? if so are these stats with or without potion up? If that's without potion, have you considered dropping atronach? You could go mage/apprentice for pure damage, but I personally like Ritual stone on mag DK.

1900 still won't sustain a dk :( They run out very fast.
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Devouring on second bar.

Thats more of a nb build. No point having 15s of wonder without an escape you'll just die :expressionless:

I'd rather be able to comfortably do small scale but have the ability to do very nice aoe dmg when needed.
    PS4 EU DC

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Devouring on second bar.

Thats more of a nb build. No point having 15s of wonder without an escape you'll just die :expressionless:

I'd rather be able to comfortably do small scale but have the ability to do very nice aoe dmg when needed.

Nobody needs 1900 base mag regen in my experience, but fair enough, I think that this build with 7 impen will drop to about 1700 regen(over 2k with potion up) and be more tanky, but that's just my preference.

I agree 5 alchemist/5VD is very niche, but for zerg bombing (or dat parody spec) or in a group with dedicated healer(s) its gonna be amazing AoE burst. In all honesty though, since my wife mains Mag NB, I'll likely have my new DK running 5 kags 5 Fassalas 2 bloodspawn(or skoria) for that AoE heal debuff while she's running the 5 alchemist 5 VD, as long as that proves to be enough burst
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 26, 2016 5:36PM
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭

Sure, I have about 30 into Resistant / Spell Sheild, 50 into hardy, and about 25 into Bastion and Quick recov.

1900 Magicka regen is very high for a DK, but It has helped a lot. I have tried the Apprentice stone and it works well, but with having to keep scales up all the time + spamming healing ward I kinda need it. And no, just using regular atro with a few divines, and the max health magicka regen food.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your build makes me wanna make a DK. Very well done sir.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, appreciate it!
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like a fun build for sure, Im was considering something similar but maybe a bit more full-raid focussed.

So DW/destro with 5x Kagrenacs, 5x Vicious and 2x Nerienths (or 1x Molag Kena + 1x Blood Spawn or 2x Blood Spawn).

I think an Ice staff with Elemental Blockade would be useful to snare players who roll/purge out of talons. Eruption could also be used for snaring ofc.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a fun build for sure, Im was considering something similar but maybe a bit more full-raid focussed.

So DW/destro with 5x Kagrenacs, 5x Vicious and 2x Nerienths (or 1x Molag Kena + 1x Blood Spawn or 2x Blood Spawn).

I think an Ice staff with Elemental Blockade would be useful to snare players who roll/purge out of talons. Eruption could also be used for snaring ofc.

Thanks man, and I never thought of the Ice staff as Viable - could be pretty good if used correctly. I can't wait to get my hands on some Vicious death though.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+