The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stack Guild Bank Contents

Shardaxx
Shardaxx
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there some reason stuff doesn't stack in the guild bank, when it does in your own bank and your inventory? It would be much neater if guild banks could stack.
PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much second that, it's getting old fast to have to draw from gbank stuff first, then stack it then put the stack back into gbank.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think they'd have implemented it when they implemented inventory stacking. Just have the guild leader and second highest ranks be able to stack items to prevent any errors.
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play on the PC there is an amazing addon called Roomba. It scans the guild bank when you open it. When you click "Roomba" at the bottom of the screen, it will automatically remove each stack of items that can be stacked and then stack them in your inventory and then return them to the bank. Literally go from 500 items in the guild bank to 250 items in seconds. I run this every day on our guild bank so the rest of the guildmates can just drop and go with no worries.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info402-Roomba-GuildbankStacker.html
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on February 29, 2016 6:20AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a reason stuff doesn't stack in the guild bank. It used to, but when it did, it resulted in numerous item duplication exploits. For example, if someone was in the bank trying to deposit a stack of 10 pots onto a stack of 15 pots, and someone else withdrew the stack of 15, you occasionally ended up with 25 pots in the bank as well as 15 pots in the second player's inventory. To alleviate this, auto-stacking the guild bank was disabled, and each "stack" is counted as a separate item. There may be something they could do to get around that, but I don't know what that could be.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes, there is a reason stuff doesn't stack in the guild bank. It used to, but when it did, it resulted in numerous item duplication exploits. For example, if someone was in the bank trying to deposit a stack of 10 pots onto a stack of 15 pots, and someone else withdrew the stack of 15, you occasionally ended up with 25 pots in the bank as well as 15 pots in the second player's inventory. To alleviate this, auto-stacking the guild bank was disabled, and each "stack" is counted as a separate item. There may be something they could do to get around that, but I don't know what that could be.

Implementing the inventory stack all function. Something like:

-IF Bank is unlocked THEN Lock Bank
    -Count 10 Seconds
    -Stack All (in Bank)
    -Count 10 Seconds
    -Unlock Bank

Of course, I could also see the system bugging and locking guilds' banks permanently... because this is Murphy's Law territory. But, you know.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Implementing the inventory stack all function. Something like:

-IF Bank is unlocked THEN Lock Bank
    -Count 10 Seconds
    -Stack All (in Bank)
    -Count 10 Seconds
    -Unlock Bank

Of course, I could also see the system bugging and locking guilds' banks permanently... because this is Murphy's Law territory. But, you know.
    I assume something like this may be unfavourable because it potentially locks everyone out of depositing in/withdrawing from the guild bank for a period of time (20 seconds in this example). But having a "Stack All" option definitely goes some way to improving the system if auto-stacking remains disabled, and as long as the reasons for not being able to withdraw are clearly stated (eg, an error message saying "The Guild Bank is currently being stacked") I think people would get used to it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp