Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Assassination class ultimate ability (death stroke) worthless in pvp?

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
I can not for the life of me seem to get the ultimate from the assassination skill line to activate during PvP combat by pressing LB and RB on my Xbox controller. It works fine in PVE when the enemy is standing still, but it's like the latency of the server in cyrodil does not allow me to activate it because by the time I'm pressing down both LB and RB the other player has moved every so slightly out of the abilitys range. Does anyone else have this problem on either console ps4 or Xbox one? Maybe it needs a slight range buff or something it just seems like I can not get it to activate.
Edited by Serenityx on February 28, 2016 4:24PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try using ambush/lotus fan just before you use the ultimate. Since it has a 5 meter range you need to be very close.

So lets say a enemy is close but not 5 meters close, it will not go of. That's why use a gapcloser before you use it.

On top of that, if you are a stamina build you get 20% more damage on the ulti from ambush :)

I love this ultimate, so good for any kind of enemy since it makes their heals weaker. And when it does the spin-animation it looks awsome ^^
    Edited by Master_Kas on February 28, 2016 4:28PM
    EU | PC
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    And when it does the spin-animation it looks awsome ^^

How does that trigger? I wonder if it's just random.

But yeah OP do what Master_Kas suggested and you'll have a much easier time landing it. It's one of the best ultimate's in the game and hits very hard for it's low cost while providing alot of utility.
  • kingqueso950
    I like to either ambush in first or use it right after i fear them so they're less likely to dodge roll away but in a group I usually dont use it, I stick with Flawless Dawn Breaker and Soul Tether.
    Ebonhart Pact
    Ascension
    GT: krazyj69
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death stroke is one of the best class ultimates in the game
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am a PC player, therefore I have no idea how the ability is on console. But if you are having trouble hitting with it, I advise you either wait until your enemy is attacking then use it, or snare them then use it. the ultimate itself is fantastic.
  • Lyrebon
    Lyrebon
    ✭✭✭
    I like to either ambush in first or use it right after i fear them so they're less likely to dodge roll away but in a group I usually dont use it, I stick with Flawless Dawn Breaker and Soul Tether.

I was away to say this, I prefer Soul Tether for the AoE stun and the health leech. Gives allies a chance to steal health too. Either that or Veil of Blades.
    Edited by Lyrebon on February 29, 2016 4:05AM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your problem and play Xbox as well.Sometimes your Ult period won't activate and instead you are in the middle of a ability you wasn't trying to use.Personally as a Night Blade When I use This ultimate I make sure they person is CC first so they cannot Dodge it that's personally the best time to use it.When they break free and try to hurry and heal themselves their healing is 50% reduced so it's a easier kill.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I understand your problem and play Xbox as well.Sometimes your Ult period won't activate and instead you are in the middle of a ability you wasn't trying to use.Personally as a Night Blade When I use This ultimate I make sure they person is CC first so they cannot Dodge it that's personally the best time to use it.When they break free and try to hurry and heal themselves their healing is 50% reduced so it's a easier kill.

quoted for truth
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

But yeah OP do what Master_Kas suggested and you'll have a much easier time landing it. It's one of the best ultimate's in the game and hits very hard for it's low cost while providing alot of utility.

It's a Leftover from the Old days when deathstroke and it's morphs could be charged for 3x more damage. Haven't checked it latley but it does the spin when you have 200-300 ultimate.

Going to test it tomorrow to be sure the exact amount of ultimate for the spin.

You can't charge it for more damage now tough. Before CP system, early at launch you could get the stealth bonusdmg multiplier (on top on saving ult for even more damage). From stealth it could oneshot ppl so they toned it down ^^

Edit: sorry thought you was the OP so wanted to tell why it does that spin animation when you have alot of ult charged ^^
    Edited by Master_Kas on February 29, 2016 5:10AM
    EU | PC
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a Leftover from the Old days when deathstroke and it's morphs could be charged for 3x more damage. Haven't checked it latley but it does the spin when you have 200-300 ultimate.

Going to test it tomorrow to be sure the exact amount of ultimate for the spin.

You can't charge it for more damage now tough. Before CP system, early at launch you could get the stealth bonusdmg multiplier (on top on saving ult for even more damage). From stealth it could oneshot ppl so they toned it down ^^

Edit: sorry thought you was the OP so wanted to tell why it does that spin animation when you have alot of ult charged ^^

Thanks for answering anyway xD
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    It's lame....unfortunately even though I appreciate all the good advice given here the only way this works is if opponent is stunned or its 1 in 10 chance it works and a 1 in 3 any ultimate I have slotted even activates....it's like I have to deliberately jam and hold LB RB for 2-3 seconds for it to work meaning if it doesn't I'm at half HP if my opponent knows at all what their doing...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem and I run Soul Harvest. On PS4 here. Basically OP when I introduce myself to someone their first knee jerk reaction is to roll away from me. And I like my opening attack to be Soul Harvest usually.

Basically, we both just need to wait it out. Get them stunned out of stealth, then wack them with Soul Harvest when they break CC. Or Fear + Soul Harvest. Or in the super special edition is when you kill them with it after they run out of resources 1.0 Oooh the jolly good feel you get using it when they have that little tiny speck of life left all taken away by our little twirly dance~<3
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 29, 2016 8:38PM
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what you do. Use Lotus Fan, cast Fear, then Sap and finish it off with Death Stroke. Greatest combo ever. Can't even say how many people I killed using this.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    The entire templar community wishes they had a single ultimate that even comes close to this. Radial sweep is getting a sick 1m buff to its radius tho lmfao.

U just need to practice man, and listen to what these guys are saying. I play console, and I move with speed pots a lot, and dodgeroll quite a bit. NBs land this skill on me all the time, usually after CC stacking ambush and fear, and it is involved with a lot of my deaths from stam NB.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's something about the lag and moving target. A mob wound just stand there and take the hit, while players usually move around a lots and break your range or LOS. My melee skills only hit like 20% of the time on a moving target in pvp due to lag (always 300+ ping). The same reason why sometime Wrecking Blow seem to hit from 10m away. On your screen you are already run away from the WB, but the server still think you are in range and let the skill connect. On the other hand, you might see the target in front of you and hit Death Stroke, but actually the server think the target is already 10m away so it won't let your Death Stroke connect.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on March 1, 2016 7:18AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP why don't you like me?
    GalleryComics_1900x900_20141022_DSTROKE001_Cover_rev_54416b6f917e21.78074269.jpg
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem and I run Soul Harvest. On PS4 here. Basically OP when I introduce myself to someone their first knee jerk reaction is to roll away from me. And I like my opening attack to be Soul Harvest usually.

Basically, we both just need to wait it out. Get them stunned out of stealth, then wack them with Soul Harvest when they break CC. Or Fear + Soul Harvest. Or in the super special edition is when you kill them with it after they run out of resources 1.0 Oooh the jolly good feel you get using it when they have that little tiny speck of life left all taken away by our little twirly dance~<3

Of course! this is true of any ultimates that have a chance of being dodged. All the best combo's involve CC. Meteor -> Prolonged Suffering -> Assassin's WIll proc is a good one for duels.
    Fear + Meteor is a good one for open world.
    Edited by revonine on March 1, 2016 10:58AM
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In an earlier version of the game the damage was increased based on how much ultimate you had stored up, thus the spin animation. They changed that but never removed the animation for when you have 100 or more ultimate.