The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Does anyone run DSA anymore?

JubJub
JubJub
✭✭✭
I've been trying to get a group together for the last couple of weeks to attmept my first run at DSA. I've been told by multiple people that I shouldnt bother running it since it's more difficult than wgt and only drops vr14 items rarely. I would usually resort to joining a pug group but unfortunately you can't que for it. Is DSA really that difficult and not worth the hassle?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lot easier than WGT but only if the people know the mechanics and/or can follow the instructions. Due to it being only v14 mobs die SUPEReasily, good dps melts them in like 2-3 hits, bosses go down crazy fast as well. This actually allows you to ignore most mechanics, however there're...environmental mechanics on each round that you cannot ignore, such as insta-killing poison aoe circles on Arena 3 for example. Normal DSA should be crazy easy right now, vet I actually consider kinda fun though it could certainly use some buff(and v16 drops).

It is quite long however, even with great group you're unlikely to run it(vet version at least) in <hour(especially considering it's your first run, from what I understand). That and lack of meaningful(read:v16) rewards does make people reluctant to run it. If I were you I'd ask friends or guildies, make sure to mention it's your first run and see if anyone wants to take you on your first run. If you're NA PC I can run with you myself, I don't mind new people and I like DSA ;)

Edit: far as the "hassle" goes, I'd say it's definitely worth running at least once. It's great fun and the mechanics are sure to make your first run interesting;) Imho it's probably the most interesting group(4-man) content they ever made.
    Edited by Magdalina on February 18, 2016 6:54PM
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Mag. It's the most fun group content in the game to me. Idc if it's v14 I'll still run it if your PC NA. Hit me up @OnThaLoose and I'll run it. I have a buddy that'd run it with us too.
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. I actually have never run normal or veteran DSA, but would like to complete it just for the achieve and the experience of checking it out! But as you said, getting a group is complicated.

I play a V16 Templar healer; please do consider including me if you give it a go! NA PC @alabyn
    Edited by Alabyn on February 28, 2016 10:31PM
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Just did dragon star arena for the first time last night and it was by far the most fun group content!
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    paul_j wrote: »
    Just did dragon star arena for the first time last night and it was by far the most fun group content!

Congrats! Sounds like I've waited far too long!
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    It's a lot easier than WGT but only if the people know the mechanics and/or can follow the instructions. Due to it being only v14 mobs die SUPEReasily, good dps melts them in like 2-3 hits, bosses go down crazy fast as well. This actually allows you to ignore most mechanics, however there're...environmental mechanics on each round that you cannot ignore, such as insta-killing poison aoe circles on Arena 3 for example. Normal DSA should be crazy easy right now, vet I actually consider kinda fun though it could certainly use some buff(and v16 drops).

It is quite long however, even with great group you're unlikely to run it(vet version at least) in <hour(especially considering it's your first run, from what I understand). That and lack of meaningful(read:v16) rewards does make people reluctant to run it. If I were you I'd ask friends or guildies, make sure to mention it's your first run and see if anyone wants to take you on your first run. If you're NA PC I can run with you myself, I don't mind new people and I like DSA ;)

Edit: far as the "hassle" goes, I'd say it's definitely worth running at least once. It's great fun and the mechanics are sure to make your first run interesting;) Imho it's probably the most interesting group(4-man) content they ever made.

Umm, speedrun is harder than vWGT (because you have to know all the spawns etc). vWGT is nerfed to the ground already...
    And it doesnt take an hour for a good group. ;)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I still want to complete Vet version as i think its the best content on Eso. I lost count how many times i done normal and loved it
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...