The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Destro Staff Abilities

GreenGhostMan
GreenGhostMan
✭✭✭
My main is a High Elf magplar and I've been using mostly DW and class abilities. Im starting to level up destro staff more and am curious if anyone uses abilities from the destro weapon skill tree.

Any destro abilities worth getting and leveling?

Thanks in advance!
Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar

Best Answer

• Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a High Elf magplar and I've been using mostly DW and class abilities. Im starting to level up destro staff more and am curious if anyone uses abilities from the destro weapon skill tree.

Any destro abilities worth getting and leveling?

Thanks in advance!
    As a magplar? Not really. Maybe touch early on. Definitely not Wall until after Thieves Guild update. Force shock, don't bother. Elemental drain... not really that useful but it's ok. Impulse? If you want.
    I personally won't get any of them, Wall being the exception once Thieves Guild hits.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
    Answer ✓
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Ring for PvE is useful, same as other mag regen combos that you might find in your research
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crushing shock and impulse are great. The other abilities aren't really worth imo
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For pvp, crushing shock is the only one worth using. If you play in a really synchronized group, then pulsar is also a really great choice
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you are playing a Magplar, sustain might be an issue for you. So I suggest taking a look at elemental drain (morph of weakness to elements). Wall of elements will be a good DoT after the next patch too. Impulse is also a good AoE, at least if you use dark flare instead of solar barrage. Crushing shock (morph of force shock) can be good in some cases for interrupting a caster.
    I would say all destruction staff skills have good use in some situations.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use shock on mine, ring is nice but puncturing sweeps is my aoe