Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

gear question

kidflash112
kidflash112
Soul Shriven
im wearing a lvl 6 blue set of hund rage 5 piece and 2 lvl 10 blue ashen set now that ive reached lvl 12 at what point does the lower lvl set start hurting me and should i just start swapping it out for greens at my lvl and just send it to my bank for alts
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While leveling, other than the early levels, I only make gear when I can use new Glyphs, so about every 5 levels. Although I can go 10 levels on the same gear.

I would not waste Blue Tempers on gear lower than say L40 unless I was planning on keeping the gear for 8 to 10 levels.

In your case, you can probably wait until the next material level (16) which also unlocks the next tier of Enchanting Glyphs (the ones for 15 to 25). Make the set in Green and use it for 5 levels, then make another set using the L20 to L30 Glyphs.

Are you the crafter or are you hiring someone else?
    Edited by Nestor on February 17, 2016 8:21PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nickhead420
    Nickhead420
    ✭✭
    Over the last few weeks I leveled up a stam DK. I went with random gear up to 14 then switched to crafted sets. I made blue sets at 14, 20, 28 and 40. At no point did I feel like I NEEDED to upgrade because it was getting too hard. Just the realization that if I upgraded at that point, leveling was going to get a bit faster.
  • kidflash112
    kidflash112
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for replies and no im not the crafter while i have 4 toons and 1 bank toon this is actually my highest lvl yet lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for replies and no im not the crafter while i have 4 toons and 1 bank toon this is actually my highest lvl yet lol

It will take less than 2 to 3 weeks to learn 3 traits on all the gear you would use. In fact, you could be well on your way to the 4th trait in 3 weeks. Start researching traits now. Remember you only need to learn traits on 7 or 8 armor pieces and one or two weapons, not all of them.

Leveling crafting is quite easy, just decon the mob loot you have left over after paying for repairs and it will level up with your characters. Especially if you have 2 or 3 alts feeding them things to decon.

Then you can make gear as often you want to for no cost (if you farm the mats you don't have from deconning everything)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JasminaChillibeaner
    Aiming for new crafted gear every ten nonvet levels in green and every five vet ranks in blue has worked wonders for me so far. I tend to upgrade the weapons one tier higher than the armor if I'm feeling fancy!
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter