Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild Deep Dive: Grouping Tool Improvements"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Thieves Guild Deep Dive: Grouping Tool Improvements. Be on the lookout for more deep dive articles as we get closer to Thieves Guild launching next month!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok read it and it looks good and was impressed about the amount of XP which I hope is accurate but want to know about how much undaunted we get, that's the key. I have several vr 16 and highest undaunted is 7. I ran some dungeons 30 times for helms which I never got and you get no credit for running them other than the first time or as a pledge. Thank you.... Big improvement... If it works.
    Edited by DHale on February 17, 2016 8:49PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • LaRoseNoire
    LaRoseNoire
    ✭✭✭
    Great job guys, but only a little question.

Why the daily reward will only give TG sets?, Undaunted shoulders will still be only provided by pledges?. This could be a great improvement, not only by exp, also the Sets hunters.
    Amo la caricia de la noche y el susurro del viento sobre mi cuchilla helada.
    J'aime la caresse de la nuit et le frémissemet du vent sur ma dague froide.
    I love the touch of the night and the whisper of the wind on my cold dagger.
    La Rose Noire (Khajit Stamblade): Melee DPS PvE, Ganker PvP.
    La Rose Rouge (Dunmer MagDK): Melee DPS PvE, OffTank PvP, Duelist PvP.
    La Rose de Sang (Breton Magblade): Healer PvE, Healer PvP.
    La Rose Sacreé (Argonian Magplar): Healer PvE, OffTank PvP.
    La Rose Toxique (Redguard StamDK): Melee DPS PvE, Tank PvE, OffTank PvP, Duelist PvP.
    La Rose en Glace (Breton MagWarden): Tank PvE, CCTank PvP.
    Everyrone AD, SAVE THE QUEEN!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does the Cyrodiil grouping tool work? Once 8 will it continue to add members and will it add members when people leave?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job guys, but only a little question.

Why the daily reward will only give TG sets?, Undaunted shoulders will still be only provided by pledges?. This could be a great improvement, not only by exp, also the Sets hunters.

Aren't these also going to be available through the Cyrodiil vendor now?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    "An additional feature we added was allowing you to use the Grouping Tool with a pre-made group. "

we tried this several times and could not get the random dungeon to pop, it would put the 4 of us in queue and then kick us out after about 5 seconds
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Havonic
    Havonic
    I like it.
    PS4 - NA
    Paragon of Regents of Void
    DC - Templar Tank v9
    DC - Dragonknight PvP lvl23
    DC - Templar Healer lvl12

PSN: Havonic
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cyrodiil tool need to keep running or beable to set as a open group so anyone can freely join and go.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds very nice. That amount of XP is very nice as well and offers an alternative to grinding Dailies in Wrothgar. :)
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    The Cyrodiil tool need to keep running or beable to set as a open group so anyone can freely join and go.

I guess that's part of the plan, so you can set your group to be looking for more, while actually running already.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many will the ready check work for, any chance it will work in Cyrodiil with full size raids?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Ok read it and it looks good and was impressed about the amount of XP which I hope is accurate but want to know about how much undaunted we get, that's the key. I have several vr 16 and highest undaunted is 7. I ran some dungeons 30 times for helms which I never got and you get no credit for running them other than the first time or as a pledge. Thank you.... Big improvement... If it works.
    @DHale While it would be very useful, I'm thinking probably none. There has been no suggestion that any Undaunted rep will be provided by this, so I'm assuming that will stay as just first-run achievements and pledges.

kungmoo wrote: »
    "An additional feature we added was allowing you to use the Grouping Tool with a pre-made group. "
    we tried this several times and could not get the random dungeon to pop, it would put the 4 of us in queue and then kick us out after about 5 seconds
    @kungmoo What was your group composition? It only works if you have set roles as 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 damage-dealers.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    DHale wrote: »
    @DHale While it would be very useful, I'm thinking probably none. There has been no suggestion that any Undaunted rep will be provided by this, so I'm assuming that will stay as just first-run achievements and pledges.

kungmoo wrote: »
    @kungmoo What was your group composition? It only works if you have set roles as 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 damage-dealers.

we had roles set, still could not get it to work
    had a dk tank, temp healer, and 2 nb dps
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Approved!
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    How does the Cyrodiil grouping tool work? Once 8 will it continue to add members and will it add members when people leave?

Once the tool finds 8 players, it will keep adding players until it hits the maximum group size (24). After that, the group leader can re-queue if the group drops below the max size.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagonthir
    Dagonthir
    ✭✭✭
    This mostly sounds good, but it would be even better if there was a way to select a group of specific dungeons to group in. Maybe we could check which dungeons we want to group up for, and you could match us with other people that are either looking one of those same dungeons or that are looking for any dungeon. There are times where there are just 3 or 4 dungeons you want to do, so being able to look for a group for any of those would be nice. Anyhow, glad to see improvements coming!
  • rixsolstice
    rixsolstice
    Soul Shriven
    This is everything I've been hoping it was!

My guild, small as it is, has people in opposing factions.

Tangentially related, will opposing factions be able to group and do stuff like Aetherian Archive and Maw of Lorkhaj?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagonthir wrote: »
    This mostly sounds good, but it would be even better if there was a way to select a group of specific dungeons to group in. Maybe we could check which dungeons we want to group up for, and you could match us with other people that are either looking one of those same dungeons or that are looking for any dungeon. There are times where there are just 3 or 4 dungeons you want to do, so being able to look for a group for any of those would be nice. Anyhow, glad to see improvements coming!
    I believe you can queue for more than one individual dungeon at once, so in your case, you could just queue up those four dungeons simultaneously. I don't think it's been clarified yet whether people queuing for 'Random Dungeon' will be grouped only with other 'Random Dungeon' queuers or if they could potentially be combined with people queued for specifics.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Say, for example, two people queue for Veteran Ellen Hollow specifically. Could they get grouped with two people in the 'Random Dungeon' queue, or only with another two from the 'Veteran Elden Hollow' queue?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on February 19, 2016 3:59PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Thieves Guild Deep Dive: Grouping Tool Improvements. Be on the lookout for more deep dive articles as we get closer to Thieves Guild launching next month!

Oh mighty and powerful ESO Gods, it has reached mine ears that thou will be awarding bonus xp for players to use group finder, yet you say that you want to reward players for playing their way. seems to me to be another lie like so many thou has told in the past.what I see happening is this, no longer will people join up with specific people because they gonna want the xp, this gonna *** players off who get routinely stuck with bad tanks, bad healers, and/or bad dps. since no one will be incentivized to form manually formed groups what you will see is people having to use group finder to find each other and will see lots of teams forming and disbanding until they get their team. great idea, but don't destroy the game just to satisfy pugs who cannot get a group because they have weak heals, weak dps, or weak tankyness and are not willing to put the time or effort or money into improving their gear, reworking their skills/cp/attributes or just plain listening to people who try to enlighten them.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @AzuraKin "An additional feature we added was allowing you to use the Grouping Tool with a pre-made group. The benefits here is that all group members will be teleported directly to the dungeon, and everyone will be eligible for random dungeon rewards too. You'll still have to queue with a proper group composition (1 healer, 1 tank, and 2 DPS) but the queue will pop immediately and you can go right in. This change is a nice quality of life improvement, especially for cross-alliance guild groups and allows you and your friends to earn the daily rewards together." -from the article

I believe this means that we will be able to group up and still get the bonuses. I understand what you are saying. It is silly to say that randoms get bonus xp but planned out groups get shafted. I just find this weird that I will now create my group of four people and then queue into dungeons whether specific or not so I can get extra xp. This new grouping tool is enough incentive for me to use it even without bonus xp. Personally, I would lose the idea of bonus xp when using the grouping tool now that you can use it with a full party.

Do you read me @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Edited by LearnThis on February 19, 2016 4:49PM
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks solid! Can't wait to try it out.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dagonthir
    Dagonthir
    ✭✭✭
    "Enodoc wrote: »
    I believe you can queue for more than one individual dungeon at once, so in your case, you could just queue up those four dungeons simultaneously.

Oh, I didn't know that, I hope it's true. I'll have to try it out. Thanks!
    Edited by Dagonthir on February 19, 2016 6:00PM
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure you cannot group find queue if you already have a full group. now while maybe some dungeons can be done even with 1 or even 2 weak members, some of them are not. examples, vcoa, wgt, vwgt, icp, vicp,
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Dezaker_Zyro
    Sounds good... but what about public dungeons? I understand anyone can pop in and help, but getting a group for them is slightly daunting as they don't appear in the current group finder.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about choosing to join a group "near you". So if someone create a group and make it "open to all", you should be able to join it. Same for alliance group.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good... but what about public dungeons? I understand anyone can pop in and help, but getting a group for them is slightly daunting as they don't appear in the current group finder.
    Nic727 wrote: »
    What about choosing to join a group "near you". So if someone create a group and make it "open to all", you should be able to join it. Same for alliance group.
    The grouping tool can only do instanced locations or Cyrodiil right now so Public Dungeons and overworld grouping is not possible.
  • xbutch
    xbutch
    This means XP points will be visible on console as well, right?
    Otherwise that is a deceiving screenshot :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbutch wrote: »
    This means XP points will be visible on console as well, right?
    Otherwise that is a deceiving screenshot :)
    Yes. Individual XP gains now show up in the Loot History popup as well.
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @Enodoc or @ZOS_GinaBruno I have discussed the original article many times with different people but it is still being argued, is the article saying that we can queue up with a pre-made group that is from the same alliance? If so, how will the bonuses work? I was speaking with someone about this specifically because I said how I was excited about the playlist being implemented and I look forward to grouping with three friends and doing dungeons for a few hours. The person I was speaking with said that the only way to group would be if we were from different alliances.

Also, could we get something added to the game so that when we are receiving bonuses for playing with randoms that we can actually know we are getting those bonuses? Over the weekend I ran a few dungeons with randoms from group finder but it never once told us that we had any bonuses.
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    @Enodoc or @ZOS_GinaBruno I have discussed the original article many times with different people but it is still being argued, is the article saying that we can queue up with a pre-made group that is from the same alliance? If so, how will the bonuses work? I was speaking with someone about this specifically because I said how I was excited about the playlist being implemented and I look forward to grouping with three friends and doing dungeons for a few hours. The person I was speaking with said that the only way to group would be if we were from different alliances.

Also, could we get something added to the game so that when we are receiving bonuses for playing with randoms that we can actually know we are getting those bonuses? Over the weekend I ran a few dungeons with randoms from group finder but it never once told us that we had any bonuses.
    I'm not a dev of course, and I haven't managed to test this on PTS so I can't say for certain, but the article does say "An additional feature we added was allowing you to use the Grouping Tool with a pre-made group." The wording here certainly doesn't say that there is any requirement for the group to be composed of members of different alliances, just that the roles of the group members must be set as 2 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer before activating the Dungeon Finder. In fact it says this is a nice improvement "especially for cross-alliance guild groups", not only for cross-alliance groups. I'm not sure what you mean by "how will the bonuses work", but as long as the group leader queues for a Random Dungeon, the whole group should get the bonuses. I believe there is supposed to be a popup that says something along the lines of "Your group has been queued for a dungeon", but I'm not sure if that is implemented yet or just a suggestion.

You will know you are getting the bonuses for playing with randoms because you will have specifically queued for the "Random Dungeon", which is where the bonuses come from. It's probably up to you to remember whether that was what you queued for though! Remember the bonuses are only rewarded once the dungeon run is complete, and only if you choose "Random Normal Dungeon" or "Random Veteran Dungeon". There are no bonuses for using the Dungeon Finder to run a specific dungeon.