The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Request] Can any PC player compare mob XP in Wrothgar/Imperial City

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Preferably done on a VR 16 character.

Wrothgar:
  • Mob XP from outside of Delves/Public Dungeons
  • Mob XP from inside Delves
  • Mob XP from inside Public Dungeons

Imperial City:
  • Mob XP from any district
  • Mob XP from sewers

I want to know which area has the highest available experience so I can maximize my grinding.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most mobs throughout Wrothgar give me 455 XP when running solo. Mobs in Imperial City give well more than 1000 XP, maybe like 1200 XP when running solo? I don't remember exact number. IC is better XP grind, but you do have to accept that you are going to get ganked by enemy players, especially when you are not max level.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Most mobs throughout Wrothgar give me 455 XP when running solo. Mobs in Imperial City give well more than 1000 XP, maybe like 1200 XP when running solo? I don't remember exact number. IC is better XP grind, but you do have to accept that you are going to get ganked by enemy players, especially when you are not max level.

How do those numbers compare with cyrodiil delve mobs? I grinded my last character to v16 in there and I'm doing it all over again. Don't want to be wasting my time if the XP is ridiculously low.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

otoh, a player can kill the mobs in wrothgar in greater numbers much more quickly, while i.c. has a greater density of mobs (although this can work against you, running solo).

jmo.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

otoh, a player can kill the mobs in wrothgar in greater numbers much more quickly, while i.c. has a greater density of mobs (although this can work against you, running solo).

jmo.

Yes, IC is a more challenging grind for sure. You need pretty good AoE DPS to burn down the mobs fast. If you can go through those mobs fast, the XP is fantastic. But it can be tough, especially at lower levels or without tons of CP gained on other characters. Battle Leveling only goes so far. If you are wasting time dying, or taking a long time to kill the mobs, Wrothgar could ultimately be better XP/hour.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

jmo.

Yes, IC is a more challenging grind for sure. You need pretty good AoE DPS to burn down the mobs fast. If you can go through those mobs fast, the XP is fantastic. But it can be tough, especially at lower levels or without tons of CP gained on other characters. Battle Leveling only goes so far. If you are wasting time dying, or taking a long time to kill the mobs, Wrothgar could ultimately be better XP/hour.

I agree with Rac. He and I have actually spent a fair amount of time as a duo in IC when we were leveling alts and grinding out CP. In pairs, IC is an excellent source of experience, especially if your use an exp booster.

That being said, I would also agree with @Lylith in stating that if you are solo, it is potentially more efficient to run in Wrothgar, where you have no fear of other players messing up your grind.

I prefer IC myself, but I also enjoy when people try to jump me, because I like trying to make them regret it. >:O
    Edited by Autolycus on February 26, 2016 3:18PM
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

jmo.

Or when you get rolled by a bunch of V16 gankers =)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

How do those numbers compare with cyrodiil delve mobs? I grinded my last character to v16 in there and I'm doing it all over again. Don't want to be wasting my time if the XP is ridiculously low.

I believe Cyrodiil delve mobs are pretty close to Wrothgar mobs. In that 400-ish XP area. But they are a lot easier to kill than IC mobs and even a little easier than Wrothgar mobs, I think. So if they are 3x less XP but you kill them 3x as fast or faster, the Cyro delves could be preferable. I can't give good info because I am DC and DC does not seem to have a good grinding delve in it's corner of Cyrodiil. There is a vampire delve in the Northwest (Lipsand Tarn) that is not bad, but I don't think it is anywhere as good as delves in EP and AD areas of Cyrodiil.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Cyrodiil delve mobs are pretty close to Wrothgar mobs. In that 400-ish XP area. But they are a lot easier to kill than IC mobs and even a little easier than Wrothgar mobs, I think. So if they are 3x less XP but you kill them 3x as fast or faster, the Cyro delves could be preferable. I can't give good info because I am DC and DC does not seem to have a good grinding delve in it's corner of Cyrodiil. There is a vampire delve in the Northwest (Lipsand Tarn) that is not bad, but I don't think it is anywhere as good as delves in EP and AD areas of Cyrodiil.

@DannyLV702 Capstone Cave (north side of Cyrodiil, near Dragonclaw) has a relatively high respawn rate and several spawn locations for aspect runestones and treasure chests. I used to farm this area, however it's been some time since I did so. This was prior to IC and Wrothgar, and since then they've boosted the exp gain in those delves and added the buff from killing delve bosses. It'd probably be worth checking into, and I'd be interested to see what it is now. I will go in and check later if I have the time.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you find Wrothgar grinding dull and mindless but hate getting drawn into PvP, normal Maelstrom Arena is pretty good XP. Not as good as grinding, but more engaging. Even on normal, you have to prioritize mobs and do the mechanics. Some people find that more fun than traditional grinding. So if you are willing to lose a little XP in favor of a little more fun, Maelstrom on normal is not a bad choice. Remember to take quest at start because you get about 18,000 XP for completing quest at end (27,000-ish if using an XP potion). And ignore the chests and NPCs at end of each arena. Just run right through to next arena to keep the XP/hour as high as possible. Most of the gear is VR15 and bound and the sets are iffy to begin with. Only the final chest has a piece of VR16 gear, so definitely open that.

It is also very consistent since it is instanced to only you. It stinks when you drink an XP potion and then find 40 enemy players camping the sewers entrance. Or there are a bunch of other players around in a public dungeon or Cyro delve and the mobs are constantly either already dead or giving low XP because there are too many people in on the kills.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lipsand Tarn is actually the place I was talking about where I grinded to v16. Everything there is undead so camohunter/dawnbreaker made it that much faster. I haven't really searched other delves, but I'd like to find one closer to EP since I'm grinding an EP character this time lol. I definitely do kill everything there incredibly faster so I guess I'll stick to cyrodiil caves.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

@DannyLV702 Capstone Cave (north side of Cyrodiil, near Dragonclaw) has a relatively high respawn rate and several spawn locations for aspect runestones and treasure chests. I used to farm this area, however it's been some time since I did so. This was prior to IC and Wrothgar, and since then they've boosted the exp gain in those delves and added the buff from killing delve bosses. It'd probably be worth checking into, and I'd be interested to see what it is now. I will go in and check later if I have the time.

Speaking of Capstone Cave, that is a quest destination for Bruma, which brings up another source of good XP. There are about 10 or 12 daily repeatedable quests in Bruma and just about all of them are quick and easy. I think each one rewards about 8500 XP. Being just about right between DC and EP gates, Bruma is a popular quest hub for both so you will run into enemy players. But many will ignore you because they are doing the same thing as you and trying to keep up their XP/hour and engaging in actual PvP is inefficient. Whether you ignore them, too, or wreck them while screaming, "Care Bear!" at the top of your lungs is up to you. :-)

There is also a Dolmen in Bruma. Closing it gives something like 5000 XP, a chance at Coldharbour siege and, I think, a chance at Imperial City gear set pieces. Or was it a chance at gear that normally comes in Rewards For the Worthy? I forget. But I am pretty sure there are some VR16 gear sets that drop from Dolmen chests in Cyrodiil.
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get about 455 xp in wroth gar. Mobs have about 30k HP

Get about 1200 xp in IC. Mobs generally have 70k/100k HP. And an endless stream of copycat magblades coming to gank.

Wrothgar is prob more straight forward. IC prob more exciting if you don't care about the stones.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    Get about 455 xp in wroth gar. Mobs have about 30k HP

Get about 1200 xp in IC. Mobs generally have 70k/100k HP. And an endless stream of copycat magblades coming to gank.

Wrothgar is prob more straight forward. IC prob more exciting if you don't care about the stones.

Hey thanks for the information.

Also, do you have data for any of the Cyrodiil delves, are they the same or does a certain delve give more xp?

Delves like Lipsand Tarn, Underpall, Cracked Wood Cave, Nisin or Haynote.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also for the ones who gave me info, is that with or without XP Potions/Scrolls and also with or without ESO+?