The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pros and cons of opting for an alliance?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
I like to explore and I have the option as far as I know to travel to all 3 areas in the game. Can I do this without joining an alliance?

If I join an alliance what are the requirements as far as my game time? Will I be be "in the army now"?

If I join an alliance...how difficult would it be to get to the other 2 areas? Is it possible?
I know nutting....

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    I visited the "gate" at the border to Cyrodiil....but entry was denied. So guess I need to "join" my alliance in order to get entry?

No, you need to select a Campaign to enter Cyrodiil. You can't get there from a map location. You also need to be at least L10 to enter the Alliance War. You do that with the L Key on the PC. You may be able travel to players that are already there with the TG update without declaring a campaign, but not sure on all that. Once you select a campaign the game will ask you if you want to travel to it and then you are there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    You join an alliance upon character creation. And you visit the other 2 alliances after you beat the main storyline (so around level 49 or vet level 1)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to choose an alliance at character creation time. There is no requirement to ever fight other players, though. And no requirement to ever join your faction's army in Cyrodiil. That is completely optional. And you always get to explore all 3 factions' story/quest lines no matter what. You start with your own, then move to another faction, then when you finish that, you can move on to the 3rd faction.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    You have to choose an alliance at character creation time. There is no requirement to ever fight other players, though. And no requirement to ever join your faction's army in Cyrodiil. That is completely optional. And you always get to explore all 3 factions' story/quest lines no matter what. You start with your own, then move to another faction, then when you finish that, you can move on to the 3rd faction.

To add to this, should you ever jump into PVP tho (a single zone within Cyrodiil) you will be listed as being apart of the faction you chose at character creation, and this cannot be changed.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • BlueBin
    BlueBin
    ✭✭
    It's not an option, you must choose.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I visited the "gate" at the border to Cyrodiil....but entry was denied. So guess I need to "join" my alliance in order to get entry?
    I know nutting....