Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question to the vets of pvp

dereck_phantom
-so I play a mag DK solo non vet level 37 7 piece light I knew the 7 piece light is a problem I die in less than 2 seconds.
-do you think a heavy magicka DK (I don't mind using sword and shield) with some dps is more viable? because I have no time to react I'm dead
-I'm really trying to learn the ways of mag DK but I'm beginning to get unmotivated to even play it I do sooooo much better with my vamp Templar any suggestions on play style and stuff?
-one more ? What's a good setup for pvp starters?
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there :) I don't know too much about DKs myself, since mine is still a babby at lvl 18.

But I do know that when I do start to play on her a bit moar I'll prob be referring to Vyr Cor's builds/vids: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/248294/vyr-cor-return-of-the-light-armour-magicka-dks-of-old-pvp-video

Here's his build.

Hope this helps <3
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear 5 light/1 medium/ 1 heavy, you may as well level all the armour lines.

Use spiked armour for more defence, Cogulating blood for your heal.

Talons for some control and cc.

In this patch mag dk is quite weak but next patch there receiving quite a lot of buff's.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK ..lovely OP you will have a lot of fun time

- Always keep Ignious Shield and Dragon blood up before starting a fight.
    - if ignious is down recast it.

I would say Heavy armour is better for DK honestly ( you are in the fight the whole time ).

IF however you ever decide to go Stam DK ( you will still use magicka, just a bit less ) you can always opt for 5med, 1L,1H for undaunted passive.

Fossilize for single target snare, Bruning talons for group snare ( if you are with a friend they can synergise it for added flame dmg )

Snares help you survive

If you find yourself squishy perhaps a good ult is standard of might? Ferocious Leap is also a good alternative ( gives you a dmg shield for 6s after the attack )
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka DK is one of the most difficult classes to play right now. Heavy armor is ok right now for magDK, but you'll have to make sure you can sustain your resources.

If you don't have a potion up most of the time, or go vamp and slot a vamp and a mages guild skill all the time, you can find yourself out of magicka really fast. If you do that, make sure you get to at least 1500 magicka recovery, and use tactics like line-of-sight to stay alive and give yourself a bit of a cushion to get resources back.

I wouldn't worry about new gear too much right now though, light armor mag DK will be better next patch, so look forward to that.

rip decibel