The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recommend a class?

Saccharissa
Saccharissa
Soul Shriven
I've tried some reading around, and I've tried rolling a character twice, but it seems I can't find a helpful way for figuring out how different classes play prior to actually settling for one.
I'm not one that generally does well with alts and going through the same quests over and over again, so I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some tips or pointers.
Generally I prefer tank or heals over DPS, I'm not a min-maxer, but I like being able to pull my weight when the need for grouping arises.
My main motivation however is my lack of keyboard wizard skills. I'm quite clumsy at micromanaging ten different timers off of two skill bars while zipping all over the playfield, and certainly don't enjoy trying either.
I prefer something where I can let my build and gear kinda work for itself (like prefering a passive that increases my crit chance on a successful crit + sufficient crit rating on gear to trigger this, rather than an active buff I need to trigger at all the right times.)
I guess it kinda amounts to what would generally be considered a boring build, where in the heat of battle I can stick to a fairly stable rotation, and keep my attention on the actual fight, and staying mobile without tripping over my own fingers in the process.

Can this be found in ESO, and if so, where would I best be looking for it? Thanks in advance for any and all input!
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you prefer healer and tank then I would recommend Templar. It's quite a versatile class which works for both types. This also means that you can play around with different combos (builds) whenever you feel like it. For example: You can try being a healer first, and focus on the appropriate class skill lines, and if you then find that you want to try and tank instead then just reset your skills and put the points in the more "tanky" skills instead. Also, a good tip is that if you choose the healer route then focus all your attribute points in magicka, and if you choose tank focus your points in stamina.

Read more about the classes and builds here:
    elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Templar

:wink: Hope this helps just a little bit!
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Saccharissa
    Saccharissa
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the quick reply Nova, and it absolutely helps!
    I was leaning more towards templar from the general impression classes made, so knowing it will be viable for my playstyle in the long run is quite reassuring.
    I'll be sure to give the link a thorough read-through as well, thanks!
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I could help :blush:

Just remember that even though many people claim that you can only play in a certain way, and that certain builds are better, it is up to you to find what works for YOU :wink:
    Edited by NovaMarx on February 25, 2016 12:38PM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NovaMarx is right. You can play and class in so many different ways.Just use your skills to benefit your skills.Find the ones that make playing the most fun for you.
    Personally,I love the Nightblade.It has great active askills and passives.Having said that,I never use the cloaking skills.Not ever.To rely on them can make you a weaker player.Especially with the nerfs for that skill line coming up with the new DLC.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Templar would be a good choice. They make great tanks and healers and gives you plenty of wiggle room to find out what works best for you!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag templar - Jabs morphed to Puncturing Jabs is your main attack ( heals you while attacking )
    Main heal - breath of Life
    Main Ult - Nova (if you play with people morph to Solar Prison ) if you mostly solo take Solar Disturbance

After mastering dodging enemies and just doing those 3 you will have a fun time playing templar ( at least until VR1 ) then you will need to learn a bit more about the class :smile:

Happy hunting OP
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."