Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Veteran Rank Player

coldhunter
Hey guys,

I just hit VR1 on my first character which is a nightblade and im doing archer with 2h medium armor. I have completed every quest in the ebonheart pact to my knowledge, I've done all of the cave things (dunhno what they are called), I've found all striking locales, and done all the anchors there. I'm working on doing all of the area bosses, almost done and I'm oging to get all of the skyshards. I havent done any dungeons or anything or any PVP.
Basically I'm wondering what are my options now as far as what I can/should do. I want to play PVP but my gear is pretty bad right now. Which is what I want to work on first, so what a semi-quick way to get decent gear. Also can some shed light on champion points and how that system works exactly?
I've really enjoyed this game so far and I'm just looking for options on what I can do now and how to get decent gear.
Also, I would like to join a guild, I'd be looking for a casual guild where I'd be able to party and do dungeons or PVP with when ever and people who are friendly and helpful, who don't mind answering questions when someone has them.
I know theres a lot here that I'm asking about, any responses are helpful.

Thanks for any help!
  • coldhunter
    Also I've done some of the quests in Daggerfall Covenant, So besides questing In the other areas.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do Cadwell's Silver and Gold.Have you done thsoe as well?
    I mean,what do you mean by "besides questing in the other areas"?
    That's what the game is all about,other than PvP.Questing,etc.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Buy gear off guild traders or ask someone to craft something for you. Hundings rage and night mothers gaze 5 piece should be good sets or anything with bonuses to stamina and weapon damage. You have to finish the harborage quests and coldharbour to unlock the other alliance areas. Besides doing this there's pvp, dungeons and orsinium.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • coldhunter
    I Haven't done Cadwells Silver and Gold, but I'll have to look into Hundings rage and Mothers gaze. But I beat all of the harborage quest. I made it to the Daggerfall Covenant and quested there a little bit. But thanks for the responses. I have been working on my some crafting skills, I think I have a high enough level to make veteran armor I just need the materials.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coldhunter wrote: »
    I Haven't done Cadwells Silver and Gold, but I'll have to look into Hundings rage and Mothers gaze. But I beat all of the harborage quest. I made it to the Daggerfall Covenant and quested there a little bit. But thanks for the responses. I have been working on my some crafting skills, I think I have a high enough level to make veteran armor I just need the materials.

Hundings Rage and Night Mother need 6 Traits known to craft, so that is about 2 months of focused Trait Research. If you don't know those, you will have to get someone to make it for you. However it is a set that is perfect for a Stamina NB. Although Ashen Grip can be a nice 4 piece to add to 5 piece Hundings for more weapon damage.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• coldhunter
    Ok cool. This may seem like a dumb question but how would I go about asking people to make them? Is joining a guild and asking someone in there to do it the best, or going to the location they are made in the rift the better way?

Also could someone give me a breif rundown on how to do dungeons exactly/ how to use the group finder. Twice I've tried it for the fungal Grotto and twice I've failed. It put me in a party where I couldnt travel to the leader, "can't mix alliances", then it put me into a group where the other players were not VR which is okay but the enemies were VR 16, and I'm VR1 which is no bueno. Then my game crashed for what ever reason and I gave up. So basically I could use an explanation of how the finder works and how to use it most effectively.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok cool. This may seem like a dumb question but how would I go about asking people to make them? Is joining a guild and asking someone in there to do it the best, or going to the location they are made in the rift the better way?

Also could someone give me a breif rundown on how to do dungeons exactly/ how to use the group finder. Twice I've tried it for the fungal Grotto and twice I've failed. It put me in a party where I couldnt travel to the leader, "can't mix alliances", then it put me into a group where the other players were not VR which is okay but the enemies were VR 16, and I'm VR1 which is no bueno. Then my game crashed for what ever reason and I gave up. So basically I could use an explanation of how the finder works and how to use it most effectively.

Guilds are usually the best source for Crafters who won't charge you a bunch of money. Just be sure to send them the Mats, Tempers, Traits and Style materials. Although common Styles and Traits are something most people have a bunch of. Figure 2 Greens, 3 Blues, 4 Purples and 8 Golds for each piece you want to improve. Although at VR1 I would not go better than Blue on my gear, except for weapons. Include a Tip with the mats.

As for the Group Finder, I have not used it all that much as I get groups for dungeons from my guild. It might help to already have one other with you grouped. Also, know that you can do the group dungeons in all the alliances by traveling directly to them. So if you get a good group, go do other dungeons.

As for the VR16, if you use the Group Finder, all group members are scaled to VR16. This is so people are not level locked out of a group, so you can get more people to join up. So, that is why you saw VR16. Go ahead and do the dungeons, your battle leveled but your rewards will be leveled to your real level.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to send a quick congratulations for reaching Veteran Ranks!

You may want to check out the guild recruitment forums here to find a guild. There are lots of folks that are willing to teach PVP, run dungeons, craft, etc. Like Nestor says, don't forget to tip your crafter :)

Have fun and again, congrats!
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

I just hit VR1 on my first character which is a nightblade and im doing archer with 2h medium armor. I have completed every quest in the ebonheart pact to my knowledge, I've done all of the cave things (dunhno what they are called), I've found all striking locales, and done all the anchors there. I'm working on doing all of the area bosses, almost done and I'm oging to get all of the skyshards. I havent done any dungeons or anything or any PVP.
    Basically I'm wondering what are my options now as far as what I can/should do. I want to play PVP but my gear is pretty bad right now. Which is what I want to work on first, so what a semi-quick way to get decent gear. Also can some shed light on champion points and how that system works exactly?
    I've really enjoyed this game so far and I'm just looking for options on what I can do now and how to get decent gear.
    Also, I would like to join a guild, I'd be looking for a casual guild where I'd be able to party and do dungeons or PVP with when ever and people who are friendly and helpful, who don't mind answering questions when someone has them.
    I know theres a lot here that I'm asking about, any responses are helpful.

Thanks for any help!

Gear:
    I wanted to craft my own gear at first but because I lacked researched traits I started with 5 Night's Silence and 2 Ashen's Grip which isn't a bad starting StamNB set. However, when I got to V3 and PvPd more I ended up wanting better gear and as my traits were some way off 6 for Hunding's & Night Mother's, I just hung around their respective crafting stations with all the mats required and politely messaged those at the stations asking if they could craft me exactly what I wanted. No one charged so try and avoid paying - there's no need to. It took me about an hour in total and some even gave me free improvements.

Champion Points:
    No idea how quickly these are earned (~21 per level I think) but there's three different types (colour coordinated) for allocation within 3 different trees in each colour. Within each tree there's 4 slot where you can apply CPs and when you put X amount of CPs in one tree it unlocks X passive e.g. 30 points in Ritual (Mage) hands you a 12% weapon crit passive.

Dungeons/PvP
    Personally I find group finder to be a bit of a ballache for Vet Dungeons (I think people just my level (V7) and boot me hoping for someone better) so I just stick to regular dungeons as my guilds are filled with trading ones.
    In PvP you can easily find a group to join without the finder by just looking at the map to see where the most people are (denoted by number of your sieges at a particular keep/castle) and spamming the group up emote. You should find one relatively quick.
  • coldhunter
    Thanks for the in depth replies, I'll look into much of this. :smile:
  • coldhunter
    Ok, I've been looking around so the weapons count for the items in the set right? so there is a total of 9 equipable items from each set, but only 5 that count towards the passive.
    I have 5 medium armors and 1 light and 1 heavy. I read somewhere when I started playing that this was a good idea. So to be clear I dont need 5 pieces of the same type? like 5 medium armor pieces for the passive? so I could do 5 mothers gaze and 2 or 4 hundings rage with weapons(if they are included)?
    Also I'm a Nord, So thats my crafting style, If someone else crafts it for me it doesn't have to be nordic right?
    I can craft my bow though as I have 6 traits for that :smile:
    Nestor wrote: »
    Guilds are usually the best source for Crafters who won't charge you a bunch of money. Just be sure to send them the Mats, Tempers, Traits and Style materials. Although common Styles and Traits are something most people have a bunch of. Figure 2 Greens, 3 Blues, 4 Purples and 8 Golds for each piece you want to improve. Although at VR1 I would not go better than Blue on my gear, except for weapons. Include a Tip with the mats.

Could someone explain what "greens, blues, purples, and golds are?
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I've been looking around so the weapons count for the items in the set right? so there is a total of 9 equipable items from each set, but only 5 that count towards the passive.
    I have 5 medium armors and 1 light and 1 heavy. I read somewhere when I started playing that this was a good idea. So to be clear I dont need 5 pieces of the same type? like 5 medium armor pieces for the passive? so I could do 5 mothers gaze and 2 or 4 hundings rage with weapons(if they are included)?
    Also I'm a Nord, So thats my crafting style, If someone else crafts it for me it doesn't have to be nordic right?
    I can craft my bow though as I have 6 traits for that :smile:
    Nestor wrote: »

Could someone explain what "greens, blues, purples, and golds are?

Improvement materials. White is base then green then blue then purple then gold.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured