The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

which v16 armor should i make?

gregv
gregv
ive been running julianos on my magicka nightblade but with the changes coming in thieves guild ive thought about swapping cloak for shadowy disguise, so with shadowy disguise would i still want to use julianos? im also very close to being able to make kagrenac's and i have around 25k tel var stones so i also debated buying the phoenix armor set. if i dont buy that tho id be able to buy a good amount of ancestor silk for v16 armor. im really uncertain on what to run any and all advice is welcomed. i do have the 3 pieces of willpower so jewelry is all set and i was planning on running 2 torugs swords and a resto staff of some sort
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PersonallyI would day no You wouldn't really need the spell crit from julianos and the spell damage difference between Julianos and Krag isn't that large.So Personally I would go with Krags and 4 piece Magnus unless you running a monster Set.
  • gregv
    gregv
    unfortunately i dont have much for monster set as of now, i have one piece of a set that adds spell resistance and thats probably the best thing i got
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't craft new armour right before a patch. There are some nice armour sets comming (alchemist, tavas favour, vicious death) that you might want to consider aswell and at the moment we can't tell wich sets will be good as zos might change stuff around.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gregv wrote: »
    unfortunately i dont have much for monster set as of now, i have one piece of a set that adds spell resistance and thats probably the best thing i got
    Wait do you use Duel wield or Destro staff?Yes I would go 4 Piece Magnus with Krags its pretty good.
  • gregv
    gregv
    lolo i was also debating this if i should just wait, just anxious because i finally hit vet 16

i go duel swords as of now but wasnt sure if a destro staff would be better after thieves guild comes out, resto staff is on the back bar
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lolo i was also debating this if i should just wait, just anxious because i finally hit vet 16

i go duel swords as of now but wasnt sure if a destro staff would be better after thieves guild comes out, resto staff is on the back bar
    Personally it's up to you.If you PVP or have a good amount of Gold with Destor staff you can go 5x Kagrenac's Hope (4 Body + Weapons)

3x Arch Mage (3 Body).

Or if you want Magica for 4 body Arch mage and 3 Krag+2 DW weapons.
  • gregv
    gregv
    im trying to get better and PvP more but what do u mean by "have a good amount of gold with destro staff?" materials to make it gold?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im trying to get better and PvP more but what do u mean by "have a good amount of gold with destro staff?" materials to make it gold?
    No I mean the Gold to buy the Arch mage pieces.You will also need the Gold mats to upgrade it .
  • gregv
    gregv
    other then buying the arch mages set how can u get it?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other then buying the arch mages set how can u get it?
    Thoughts PVP Rewards of the Worthy is its RNG based.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best you can do right now would be to craft 5 PC Kags and wait on the rest. Craft the Legs/Arms/Waist/Chest/Feet and leave the Head and Shoulders open to play with in hopes of scoring good Monster Sets.

I wouldn't craft anything else until after the patch, and the only reason I would say you could go ahead and do Kags is cause it's that versatile. Any Mag build can wear Kags and benefit.

Once the update drops my target will be 5 PC Kags, 5 PC Vicious Death, 2 PC Torug. (I will change stuff out depending on what I can find, can play with 11 PC sets and use Kena in place of the 2 PC Torug etc..)
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • gregv
    gregv
    sounds like kags is the way to go if i want better armor for the time being until the next dlc thanks for all of the input