The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which campaign should I make my home? (XBone)

GreenGhostMan
GreenGhostMan
✭✭✭
I've never played PVP before, but am finally going to do it. I'm on Xbox one and it's asking me which campaign to make my home and I have no idea. Does it matter which one I choose?

Also, does it matter if I have multiple characters in different Alliances?
Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar

Best Answer

• Jerin.burgan
    I don't play pvp much but I always look for the one that has the most of my alliance in it so that way you can get the perks (the more scrolls and keeps your alliance has the more perks you get) but once you pick one you can always change it after the alloted time or just use your alliance points to change it. Hope this helps and have fun!
    Answer ✓
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never played PVP before, but am finally going to do it. I'm on Xbox one and it's asking me which campaign to make my home and I have no idea. Does it matter which one I choose?

If you want to PVP and really learn how to play I would recommend going to Haderus on one of you DC or AD characters. Their some good Guilds their you could probably join and learn the ropes.Also Since you have no Vets Black water where you need to go.Its the perfect place to learn how to play and not get defeated by a vet16 in seconds.
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

If you want to PVP and really learn how to play I would recommend going to Haderus on one of you DC or AD characters. Their some good Guilds their you could probably join and learn the ropes.Also Since you have no Vets Black water where you need to go.Its the perfect place to learn how to play and not get defeated by a vet16 in seconds.

Alright, thanks for the info. How come you suggested DC or AD and not EP?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Their not a lot of Good EP on Haderus at this team because of the Lag they have went to another campaign.DC and AD still has some really good players that run groups their in that campaign for now.truthfully go to blackwater Its good for all three factions. You won't be able to have all three of your characters their so you will have to pick one character to focus on and pick their.

If it will help you out if you play Xbox NA I'll help and make you some gear for the character you go to PVP with.
  • SymbioteKing26
    SymbioteKing26
    ✭✭✭
    Haderus is generally a popular one for beginners. However, yeah Blackwater is great if no vet characters. They function the campaigns around different goals, like you may only gain points from capturing keeps in one campaign, or scrolls in another. So certain campaigns can require different tactics depending on the goal, however some campaigns are just a everything gets you points which can be the most populated.
    EP/ Breton Nightblade Healer. Is fond of cheese. And scamps.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Their not a lot of Good EP on Haderus at this team because of the Lag they have went to another campaign.DC and AD still has some really good players that run groups their in that campaign for now.truthfully go to blackwater Its good for all three factions. You won't be able to have all three of your characters their so you will have to pick one character to focus on and pick their.

If it will help you out if you play Xbox NA I'll help and make you some gear for the character you go to PVP with.

Had is an AD buff server now is it not?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Had is an AD buff server now is it not?

I have no clue some people say yes some people say no.Some Guild mates where their yesterday and said Dc has everything so am not sure.I haven't been their for about 2-3 weeks now.So its sounding like its a either or some days.It's looking like a few people are going to Scrounge now from DC.
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭

Alright. My highest lvl character is in AD, but I recently started another in EP. I guess I'll start in blackwater. My AD guy is a magicka Templar and reading all the stuff about Templars being worst for PVP has my expectations low.

My gamertag is exact same as my username here.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright. My highest lvl character is in AD, but I recently started another in EP. I guess I'll start in blackwater. My AD guy is a magicka Templar and reading all the stuff about Templars being worst for PVP has my expectations low.

My gamertag is exact same as my username here.
    If I was you I'll level my Dc their the better alliance if I do say so my self.Which is a very Bias opinion,Yea but that's mainly for solo play for group play they will still be good.If you want a character good for Next patch Dk are supposed to be pretty good you could try that.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc only zergballs so define "good".
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Dc only zergballs so define "good".
    Red and Yellow do the same thing with more people.So I would say winning with a smaller Zerg against a bigger Zerg still make you better.

Everyone Zergs so saying only DC is short sided.DC also has some of the best small scale and solo players on xbox from what I seen from multiply Campaigns .EP and Ad also has some but DC seem to have
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree dc has good players but im referring to the zergball tactics where everyone stacks on crown and spams aoe in a tight formation. Well basically ep is like dc in azuras then cause its always us 20 vs like 80.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree dc has good players but im referring to the zergball tactics where everyone stacks on crown and spams aoe in a tight formation. Well basically ep is like dc in azuras then cause its always us 20 vs like 80.
    Again everyone does that.Do you think EP are the only ones that go into buff servers?Dc does as well I was in Azura earlier with STS and we had to deal with 80 plus yellows with only 24 blues holding up in a castle tower wiping them for a good half hour.

Personally I hate the new Stack on crown meta.I remember when the game first came out me and my guild went to children about the second month their were no DC their.We wiped scores of Ep without having to stack on crown and just use our skills to take out EP their.
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭

I'd choose my campaigns wisely because of campaign restrictions on different alliance characters.

For blackwater, I'd put the EP characters there, and start out with the nightblade. But if you care about winning, put the DC character there. Another campaign you can toss the EP characters in is scourge which is a red buff server that sees action. We're winning the campaign there, but the real push from EP comes when it's at night and DEECO is on from what I've seen and I rarely play on scourge.

If you chose to put the EP characters to be in blackwater, I'd put the AD guy in scourge since skilled AD play there.

I'd personally would throw the DC guy in Haderus since that's basically a blue buff server that sees quite a bit of action from what I hear.

It shouldn't matter if you're a multi alliance kind of guy. A lot of good players are multi alliance. Heck, I used to have an AD character before I went pure EP. Just make it known, but do know that some people don't like multi alliance players.

Some basics for pvp
    -Carry some grand soul gems to resurrect people. I usually carry 40+, but 20 or so would do. I'd recommend saving the as much AP as possible for siege weapons, so buy the empty soul gems with gold that need to be filled (soul trap skill in soul magic used on an npc or player you kill in cyrodiil.)
    -for now just group up with people (it's easier in blackwater) until you feel comfortable with playing on your own without a group.
    -carry atleast 2 stone trebuchets (to siege keep walls) and 2 fire ballistas/meat bags (anti-personnel)

Someone offered you an invite to go play with them to learn how to play, and that's something I would accept if I were in your position. I don't play a lot on weekdays since I have to study, but feel free to message me if you want to play with me. I don't consider myself as one of the best of the best, but I could at least try to teach you a thing or two about pvp. My GT is in my sig if you're interested.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Again everyone does that.Do you think EP are the only ones that go into buff servers?Dc does as well I was in Azura earlier with STS and we had to deal with 80 plus yellows with only 24 blues holding up in a castle tower wiping them for a good half hour.

Personally I hate the new Stack on crown meta.I remember when the game first came out me and my guild went to children about the second month their were no DC their.We wiped scores of Ep without having to stack on crown and just use our skills to take out EP their.

Have you fought the whole group of AD templars yet in Azuras? I was guesting in there and an EP leader was shouting for meatbags due to that. It was hilarious to watch since the temps kept throwing down caltraps too.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you fought the whole group of AD templars yet in Azuras? I was guesting in there and an EP leader was shouting for meatbags due to that. It was hilarious to watch since the temps kept throwing down caltraps too.
    Nahh not yet the. Rest of the guild might have but haven't been on in a few days.So not sure.That sounds like a fun I wouldn't be a able to fight from laughing to much.

Their Some EP I seen before in Azura like demigods and his group you guys are owning the Map more than AD does on the Weekend.I heard their some DC guilds thinking about Coming either to Azura or Scrounge. Personally I hope they go to Scrounge I like the AP and a Imperial city full of Yellow for just me to kill its wonderful.
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭

I'd choose my campaigns wisely because of campaign restrictions on different alliance characters.

For blackwater, I'd put the EP characters there, and start out with the nightblade. But if you care about winning, put the DC character there. Another campaign you can toss the EP characters in is scourge which is a red buff server that sees action. We're winning the campaign there, but the real push from EP comes when it's at night and DEECO is on from what I've seen and I rarely play on scourge.

If you chose to put the EP characters to be in blackwater, I'd put the AD guy in scourge since skilled AD play there.

I'd personally would throw the DC guy in Haderus since that's basically a blue buff server that sees quite a bit of action from what I hear.

It shouldn't matter if you're a multi alliance kind of guy. A lot of good players are multi alliance. Heck, I used to have an AD character before I went pure EP. Just make it known, but do know that some people don't like multi alliance players.

Some basics for pvp
    -Carry some grand soul gems to resurrect people. I usually carry 40+, but 20 or so would do. I'd recommend saving the as much AP as possible for siege weapons, so buy the empty soul gems with gold that need to be filled (soul trap skill in soul magic used on an npc or player you kill in cyrodiil.)
    -for now just group up with people (it's easier in blackwater) until you feel comfortable with playing on your own without a group.
    -carry atleast 2 stone trebuchets (to siege keep walls) and 2 fire ballistas/meat bags (anti-personnel)

Someone offered you an invite to go play with them to learn how to play, and that's something I would accept if I were in your position. I don't play a lot on weekdays since I have to study, but feel free to message me if you want to play with me. I don't consider myself as one of the best of the best, but I could at least try to teach you a thing or two about pvp. My GT is in my sig if you're interested.

@TheRubiksCube

Thanks man. Really good advice. I guess I'll start with my AD guy in scourge and see how that goes.
    What do you mean by "buff server"? Does that just mean they control the map?

GT: Green GhostMan
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    @GreenGhostMan

NP and best of luck in scourge. As soon as I finish getting my VR16 gear for my Templar, I'll start playing scourge occasionally and maybe we'll see each other on the battlefield.

And yes your definition basically describes what a buff server is.

Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some basics for pvp

This is pretty much spot on.

Would say though that Blackwater Blade would be better for your DC character. That way you can zerg and not be zerged.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)