The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Super slow patch speeds....why?

Sparky617
Sparky617
✭✭✭
Why do patches download SO freekin' slow? Attached is a picture of my patcher speeds and a speed test from my location in California to Boston MA.
Ping=88ms
Download=128.99 Mbps
Upload=24.2 Mbps

Nothing else is running in the backround other than the basic PC functions.

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a slightly odd experience with the 2.3.3 PTS patch. When I updated the PTS on my G drive, I had 5MB downloads all the way through. When updating the version I have on my C drive I had 128Kb, it took half the night. I tried pausing and unpausing the download a couple of times, but it kept hitting 128Kb. Both launchers have DL speed limit set to 10MB.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the downloader gets slow like that, pause the download for a couple minute and then resume it. It will likely speed up considerably after that.

Edit: waited before writing, so missed first reply. When pausing and unpausing, it is important to wait a bit. Don't just pause and immediately resume.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 24, 2016 2:16PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    When the downloader gets slow like that, pause the download for a couple minute and then resume it. It will likely speed up considerably after that.

Edit: waited before writing, so missed first reply. When pausing and unpausing, it is important to wait a bit. Don't just pause and immediately resume.

I've heard about that trick, it just increases the speed until my SSD catches up to what the patcher stored. In my opinion it's just a half assed work around that ZOS should have at least an answer and solution for by now.
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that their server is running out of juice for quite some time.. no but besides the kidding. I think it would be better for them to let us share what we download to boostup these kind of things. sometimes you are downloading a small part of the game and it takes forever even when there is no one else downloading it.

They should either add extra servers where you can download it from or make a option that players can share it with each other like a torrent or something like that.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparky617 wrote: »

I've heard about that trick, it just increases the speed until my SSD catches up to what the patcher stored. In my opinion it's just a half assed work around that ZOS should have at least an answer and solution for by now.

Well, ZOS uses DIRECT for Games as the launcher and patcher and Akamai is the CDN. I have never understood completely why the downloads go slowly at times, but I suspect that it is more to do with the internet and CDN than the launcher.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus