The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Starting new character soon. What crafting style to use

0311shane
0311shane
Once Im dont with Cadwells Gold im planning on starting new character. Styles I have unlocked right now are Xivken, Glass, Daedric, Ancient Elf, and most of Mercenary and I plan on using my ver to craft. What style do you think looks best in Iron?

Best Answers

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0311shane wrote: »

Thats Im wearing now, and I agree more like the old daedric armor. What does it look crafted with Iron though?
    Ohhh I see what you mean, sorry. I keep forgetting lower level materials change the look xD
    I might whip up a couple of pieces. Kind of interested myself to see if it keeps a similar shape to end game Xivkyn.

It doesn't look like the daedric changes much. This is daedric in iron - http://eso-fashion.com/daedric-iron/
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the level 1 (Iron) Xivkyn helmet and chest piece (the rest is other random stuff I was wearing). Looks like the style stays the same

5liOakg.jpg
    Answer ✓
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell those special motifs retain the same style in every level of material, the default coloring or shineyness may vary a little but with dyes that doesn’t make much difference. I think some shields change slightly as well as weapons, but the main armor pieces don’t appear to.

Personally I’m rather a fan of Ancient Elf heavy, minus those gigantic pauldrons, and currently have one of my characters wearing that style in Steel, but it really depends on your character’s personality, Daedric and Xivkyn have that more spikey-evil vibe if you want to look menacing. I really like the mercenary helm for more a Knight type character.
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm a huge fan of Xivkyn heavy, because it resembles the older TES games daedric armour. I do prefer the Daedric looking weapons and shield however.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is me with the Xivkyn heavy armour polymorph, but the crafted armour looks very similar

jRSRHTH.jpg
  • 0311shane
    0311shane
    Alucardo wrote: »
    This is me with the Xivkyn heavy armour polymorph, but the crafted armour looks very similar

jRSRHTH.jpg

Thats Im wearing now, and I agree more like the old daedric armor. What does it look crafted with Iron though?
  • 0311shane
    0311shane
    Alucardo wrote: »
    0311shane wrote: »

Ohhh I see what you mean, sorry. I keep forgetting lower level materials change the look xD
    I might whip up a couple of pieces. Kind of interested myself to see if it keeps a similar shape to end game Xivkyn.

It doesn't look like the daedric changes much. This is daedric in iron - http://eso-fashion.com/daedric-iron/

Ive seen Imprial at low levels and it really doesn't stand out. But daedric and glass styles have always been then most uniquely designed amor sets in TES games
  • 0311shane
    0311shane
    Thanks for the help guys!