Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest way to level? Any advice?

Kingslayer
Kingslayer
✭✭✭
Looking to power level i was just wondering if anyone had any advice or know of any online guides i can view about it.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests seems by far the fastest way to gain XP, besides exploits ...
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Some are saying open world mobs are the fastest i just don't know. Did you do it questing?.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kingslayer wrote: »
    Some are saying open world mobs are the fastest i just don't know. Did you do it questing?.
    I've been playing this game for 8 months now and questing seems by far the quickest way.

There are some exploits that get you there faster, but they require a group of people and are really just plain boring ...
    :)

• Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game for 8 months now and questing seems by far the quickest way.

There are some exploits that get you there faster, but they require a group of people and are really just plain boring ...
    :)

Ah i've heard of that grinding mobs in groups etc. I play solo mostly so that is no good to me really. I just want to hit vr level so i can get past this battle levelling in Cyrodiil right now my gear or stats mean zilch i can understand it obviously but i would rather the passives maybe mean something. Loving it though mostly :)
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking to power level i was just wondering if anyone had any advice or know of any online guides i can view about it.

I just did everything I could find.

Explore, dungeons, do every quest you find, defeat the world boss's.

you gain exp through exploring alone so its quite handy.

Id also recommend unlocking every chest you can find, they give a ton of exp in the early levels.

all in all personally I don't think that is a fast way to level apart from doing what the game was designed to be, open world exploration and adventure :) with lots killing things or saving them :) oh and a great bunch of stories haha.

p.s fighters guild and mages guild quests give A LOT of exp from what ive experienced :) (specific mobs in the quests give the exp but you basically cant progress without killing them so you're guaranteed the exp :) )
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Gazu
    Gazu
    The FASTEST way to level is to grind in the open world. Find an area with groups of 2-5 monsters somewhat close-by and AoE them down together or 1 group at a time. Best to pick monsters that don't have range otherwise you... will most likely die. You can do it solo, but a little faster in a group. Obviously leveling with a Ring of Mara in a group would make it faster again, but still possible solo.

Compared to questing, which at 40 gave me around 3-5k XP per quest, you can easily get 1K+ XP in about 10 seconds of AoEing. You stop getting XP from monsters 5 levels below you, though. Not to mention you don't get XP from killing in Veteran Rank levels.

I wouldn't recommend it, though. I had to do it from 49-50 due to a bugged quest I couldn't fix at the time, and while it was much faster (and got so much loot) it was really boring. I'd only do it if you're an oldschool MMORPG player who is used to this kind of thing.

Questing is slow, but enjoyable (for most of us, anyway). If all you want to do is PvP, though, you might consider this. Some people got to 50 within a few days doing this, though some did use exploits...
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Questing is the second slowest way to level behind pvp. They are to long and you have to do 5 as part of a chain before you get any reward. Even then the reward is around 1k exp and you could have killed way more than 10 mobs in that time.
    Edited by Godspeed on April 6, 2014 1:25PM
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most easy way for level up is to kill lower level human enemy near the big town.
    You can get xp safely, and also get money and item at once.
    I saw a lot of these players in game include me. I got one level in one hour.

But,I'ts very boring way. It's disgusting job!
    Please give us more quest...

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Moraisu
    Moraisu
    This game was not made to powerlevel, and you are not only losing on great questlines as also the core of the game itself, not to mention that you earn skill points by questing, yes, you may reach level 50 faster with grinding... but you will not reach level 50 with the same number of unlocked skill points.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moraisu wrote: »
    This game was not made to powerlevel, and you are not only losing on great questlines as also the core of the game itself, not to mention that you earn skill points by questing, yes, you may reach level 50 faster with grinding... but you will not reach level 50 with the same number of unlocked skill points.
    True but skill points can be unlocked post 50 and you only need what you need. Having 300 available does not mean you require 300. Grinding, although not as exciting I grant you, is just as much an option for those who want to home themselves in Cyrodil at max level.

• Gazu
    Gazu
    Moraisu wrote: »

There's also the fact you can go back and do all the content you skipped no problem, so you aren't missing anything. You can wait for someone to release a list of all quests that give skill points. Skyshards are everywhere, too, so skill points aren't really an issue unless you're maxing all crafting trees.

Not to mention my combat skills and passives would all be easily obtainable from skill points gained from leveling and Skyshards from my main faction. Any other skill points I'd spend would just be placed randomly so I have options that I'll most likely never use.
  • Atyx
    Atyx
    There's a guide on tamriel foundry that will give you a good link for DC side quests. The spots start around level 10 and then on.

Edit: You still will want to quest and actually experience the game, just because it's an MMO, doesn't mean it doesn't have a good story. It's still a great ESO game and should be played as one. Do the quests and whatnot because you get skillpoints at the end of many longer questlines.
    Edited by Atyx on April 8, 2014 5:20PM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unintentionally found a location, the NE of the first town in the stormhaven. Near a burning house, so many scamps and clanfxxs, alone, and in groups.

And they respawn after you finish 3 fights, like every minute. So basically, non-stop, endless fight.

I went there fore the gold farming, just pay my respec cost, but I got leveled up twice in the process ( which add to the respec cost, lol), probably over 2 hrs period.

The monsters are level 17, so you can't be 22 or higher.
    Edited by crislevin on April 9, 2014 5:16PM
  • betofriasub17_ESO
    betofriasub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Best way Questing plus killing mobs on your way, I got to lvl 20 within 35 hours gameplay, plus remind you guys that Im new at the game and lost time figuring out some ***...
    Edited by betofriasub17_ESO on January 26, 2015 5:05PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't resist:

GvHEbV6.jpg
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • omnii
    omnii
    Soul Shriven
    I went from V 5 to V10 in 4 days but by Kinda cheating , ring of mara, experience scroll, eso plus & defense scroll bonus (pvp) then went to every quest every eye every chest and every mini world boss. It's basically a grind feast no matter how you look at it but at least get all the xp you possible can by using the short cuts
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omnii wrote: »
    I went from V 5 to V10 in 4 days but by Kinda cheating , ring of mara, experience scroll, eso plus & defense scroll bonus (pvp) then went to every quest every eye every chest and every mini world boss. It's basically a grind feast no matter how you look at it but at least get all the xp you possible can by using the short cuts

Double Thread Necromancy :open_mouth:
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Yogizilla
    Yogizilla
    I agree that questing is probably the best route but the travel time may make it seem less efficient. I find that a lot of folks farm the delves in the scaled areas like Cyrodiil, alongside the repeatable quests/dailies. The mobs may not provide that much experience but, if you group them up and explode them, it starts to add up.

I found that Orsinium is really good for leveling up due to all the quests and the fact that it's a scaled area. Keep in mind that, if you're in a group with people at a much higher level, this will dip into the experience you get. Not 100% sure how experience share works but that's been my experience.

A bunch of folks told me all they do is farm Bloodmayne Cavern, or whatever their faction's nearest delve is in Cyrodiil, for hours on end. They hit VR16 in under a month so they must be doing something right. 8)
    Check out our guides in the GeekyAntics Network Facebook fan page Notes section (must be logged onto full web site, not app/mobile). We are GeekyAntics everywhere: Twitch, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. VM/SMS: 646-801-2149

http://geekyantics.net/podcasts
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grinding is the fastest way to lvl as its is only getting exp at all if not most time-http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=288937648
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • leejohn85b16_ESO
    New Class: Thread Necromancer
  • Yogizilla
    Yogizilla
    Another thing you can do is wear full exploration armor and go sightseeing in new areas. It's risky at low levels obviously, but you essentially get double the experience when you have the full set of armor on. It adds up after a while.. It also makes it easier later to travel around and collect skyshards. 8)
    Check out our guides in the GeekyAntics Network Facebook fan page Notes section (must be logged onto full web site, not app/mobile). We are GeekyAntics everywhere: Twitch, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. VM/SMS: 646-801-2149

http://geekyantics.net/podcasts
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many necromancers and yet still no Necromancer class :mrgreen:

Stealing that image btw!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questing. Grinding can technically get you there faster if you ignore the time spent finding partners to grind with you and then running to sell/decon. Questing gets you lots of exp and you get extra skill points from the main zone quests, and you have the luxury of taking your time to decon gear and level up crafting if you want to plan for the future.
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    Questing works, but what I used to do before that is go to the Imperial City and kill a bunch of daedra when I was actively looking for Tel Var stones. Experience points were slow, but were definitely worth it as I was killing daedra. It's best to go there in groups though if you're low-leveled.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]