Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: February 24th, 2016"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: February 24th, 2016.

f456e8b770ea19fc570bf3640ffc436f.jpg

There’s new stock coming to the Crown Store, including a new costume pack, two new pets, Assistants, and more!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Why travel to Rawl'kha when this merchant will travel to you?" Hah. So true.

Looks cool! I'm a bit sad the assistants aren't coming until the end of March though :( Super excited for their arrival!
    Edited by MissBizz on February 24, 2016 3:57PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    link is bust. doesn't show anything :(
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    link is bust. doesn't show anything :(

@pema try refreshing. Link worked fine for me
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    nope: it says the page can not be found. no mater how often I click it. And I can't find it on the home page eather...

Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been nicer if the merchants were available to active ESO Plus subs... #millionreasonstosub
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Would have been nicer if the merchants were available to active ESO Plus subs... #millionreasonstosub

I do think that the ESO+ subscription needs some more incentives, but I'm not sure exclusive utility items are it. Unless you mean that these are free to ESO+ subscribers but also available in the Crown Store for purchase - that would be ok.

I was an ESO+ subscriber since console launch, and was a loyal (as in not missing a single month) subscriber on the PC since early access. However, I have let my subscription lapse this past month precisely because they're aren't enough incentives that outweigh the headaches (missing Crowns, losing access to DLC/in-game benefits).

In any case - back on topic. Nice to see a pony guar re-introduced to the Crown store and to see the first camel. I'll wait to see how they look in motion before purchasing (never have liked the way the bear mounts run - the people riding them just look goofy to me).

I'm happy to see the mimic stone - mostly because it will mean that in-game items such as malachite and laurels will become unbound and tradeable.

Curious as to the assistants. I read that the banker would only provide access to your bank, but the description says " available for all banking services." Does that include guild bank/store?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 24, 2016 4:28PM
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hero costumes? :(
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

Oh yeah...with all the new stuff, I didn't even realize that there wasn't a hero costume. I'm guessing that they'll wait until TG launches before offering the remaining 2 costumes. They are timed exclusives, so I don't think they want them to compete with the purchase of TG.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really like the camel and assistants, but lol on the mercenary motif. As if there is not enough of that trash cluttering every guild trader in the game.
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

This would be a great idea and strategy. ESO Plus definitely needs more incentive for players to remain subscribed.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wish these had prices as well...

Still looks interesting, I'll get the companions for sure. Not sure about the rest.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I always wish these had prices as well...

Still looks interesting, I'll get the companions for sure. Not sure about the rest.

agree!

would be nice to know how many crowns I'm gonna have to pay for the banker/merchant :smiley:
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Looks cool! I'm a bit sad the assistants aren't coming until the end of March though :( Super excited for their arrival!

The merchant will take a commission from your sales. So if you are headed to Rawl'kha then it makes sense to wait to meet a local merchant.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

The merchant will take a commission from your sales. So if you are headed to Rawl'kha then it makes sense to wait to meet a local merchant.

@Didgerion Hold up. I thought the merchant couldn't repair gear (which was it's downfall) but sale prices were normal? I know the smuggler takes a bigger cut... didn't know about the merchant. Are you sure about that? Due to no repairs I already wasn't going to snatch up the merchant, ESPECIALLY won't if they also take a cut. (Buy banker - put junk in bank until you hit up a town, remove it - sell it. voila)
    Edited by MissBizz on February 24, 2016 6:47PM
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's TronCat? It's the only mount I'm interested in!
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

@Didgerion Hold up. I thought the merchant couldn't repair gear (which was it's downfall) but sale prices were normal? I know the smuggler takes a bigger cut... didn't know about the merchant. Are you sure about that? Due to no repairs I already wasn't going to snatch up the merchant, ESPECIALLY won't if they also take a cut. (Buy banker - put junk in bank until you hit up a town, remove it - sell it. voila)

Oh yeah you are right, I heard that there is an increased commission that your companion takes away...it is the smuggler indeed.

Sorry for misinforming you.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome but I think delaying the Assistants is annoying, also I would love the Akaviri/Ancient Orc motifs in the Crown Store some time soon.

Looking forward to the pirates. :smile:.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Really like the camel and assistants, but lol on the mercenary motif. As if there is not enough of that trash cluttering every guild trader in the game.
    I wouldn't lol just yet-
    From http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246463/pts-patch-notes-v2-3-1/p1:
    "Reduced the drop rate of Mercenary Motif chapters. They will now drop approximately one-fourth as often as they did previously from any given rank of Undaunted chests."
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping the assistant prices will be reasonable, I'll probably be getting them.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I wouldn't lol just yet-
    From http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246463/pts-patch-notes-v2-3-1/p1:
    "Reduced the drop rate of Mercenary Motif chapters. They will now drop approximately one-fourth as often as they did previously from any given rank of Undaunted chests."

Well that's a jerk move by Zeni. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't lol just yet-

But who doesn't have it a million times already?

You can't give them away.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to be able to customize the name and looks of your assistants. Maybe it's just me but I think it's weird seeing a bunch of Tythis and Nuzhimeh all over Tamriel.
    Edited by Leogon on February 25, 2016 2:54AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping that they would release the assistants when the Thieves Guild DLC was released instead of March 31st. I would much rather buy them than the camel mount, that's for sure.

And I agree, a big YAWN for the Mercenary motif. Give me something that I would really like to have like the Ancient Orc. Sheesh, who is in charge of their marketing department?
    Edited by Ashtaris on February 25, 2016 12:50AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Xabien wrote: »

Oh yeah...with all the new stuff, I didn't even realize that there wasn't a hero costume. I'm guessing that they'll wait until TG launches before offering the remaining 2 costumes. They are timed exclusives, so I don't think they want them to compete with the purchase of TG.

Im subbed so won't be purchasing it but would love to buy the DC hero costume so I can wear that for TG.

@ZOS_GinaBruno what do you think doable for launch week?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't lol just yet-
    On one hand, it was easy enough to get the full chapters and it does end up filling the banks, but I still think it should be okay to add in to the crown store. It is cosmetic, and there are still people who might want the style but can't/won't join Undaunted dailies and don't want to spend (in-game) gold. You could say that about all the alliance chapters as well, that are fairly easy and cheap to come by but they are still available in the crown store because of the principle that all the motifs will eventually be available there.
    Well that's a jerk move by Zeni. :\
    Oh, for goodness' sake! Whine that it's too easy, whine when it becomes slightly harder, Zenimax just can't win. People have been joking and whining that it has been too easy and that the banks are filled with Mercenary chapters now, it only makes sense to reduce the drop rate, especially with the introduction of the Mercenary motif in the Crown Store. Yes, it might be sad for those that get into the game first now and have a much harder time getting the Mercenary chapters than us, but I honestly believe the chapters needed this change.
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    And I agree, a big YAWN for the Mercenary motif. Give me something that I would really like to have like the Ancient Orc. Sheesh, who is in charge of their marketing department?
    They will eventually release Ancient Orc, but they want to give collectors time to collect them by themselves and sell first; they got some critique when they released the Glass motif in the Crown Store very early, and THAT was a hard one that took time (I'm still not done, and I skip ahead by buying fragments). Honestly, with how easy Mercenary motif is to get compared to Ancient Orc, which prices are still going strong while Mercenary is down to the three digits, it only makes sense that they get that over with and introduce the more harder-to-get motif later. Just because it doesn't cater to YOUR desires or YOUR thought on what should be on the Crown Store, which might not even make you buy it I don't know, doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing.
    Edited by Pensola on February 25, 2016 6:57AM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I wouldn't lol just yet-

But who doesn't have it a million times already?

You can't give them away.

Of course those of us already here all have them but new players and players on a break returning for TG don't.

My concern is that this sets a bad precedent - "we're reducing the in game drop rate on something and at the same time we're making it available for cash in the crown store".

Next time it might not be something most people already have.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    It'd be nice to be able to customize the name and looks of your assistants. Maybe it's just me but I think it's weird seeing a bunch of Tythis and Nuzhimeh all over Tamriel.

Valid point.
  • Tion
    Tion
    ✭✭
    Nuzhimeh the Merchant

Are you kidding me? NPC's get better cloth & hair than us? Q.Q

Shame on you!!! *sniffs*
    Schwarzer Humor ist, wenn du noch lachst während andere schon weinen.
  • Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim
    Still no wolf pet.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    No wolf pet, but a hotheaded frog and another about to fail Guar pet... And no Dro-m'Athra Senche Panther mount? It was on the Thieves Guild PTS! Why is it not in the Crown Store with the launch of the Thieves Guild in March? :'( No lion either, so messed up...very sad... Only thing I like here is the pirate costume pack. Finally get to show some kitty torso, but damn... ;-;
    Edited by Aerius_Sygale on February 25, 2016 11:23PM
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+