Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just coming back to ESO

MistiAutumns
MistiAutumns
Soul Shriven
Hey all!

I'm just now wanting to make a comeback to ESO. I played when the game originally launched and leveled my Sorc to Vr3 or 4. I have not played since. Would you recommend, given all the changes to the game and the time its been since I've played, that I start a new character from lvl 1? Or is it better to jump onto my high level character knowing nothing anymore about the skills or dungeons etc and just keep trying to level up to re-learn everything?

Also I'm Ebonheart and will be looking to mainly pvp. I don't care for questing at all. Can I level strictly in Cyrodil from here on out? Are there any good guilds that may be recruiting? Also where could I look to find a decent pvp build? When I do searches I seem to only come up with Deltias build and it seems to be outdated.

Thanks.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc are strong this patch and will be stronger next patch (in a few weeks) , i'd continue on the sorc and get used to it again.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MistiAutumns
    MistiAutumns
    Soul Shriven
    Sorc are strong this patch and will be stronger next patch (in a few weeks) , i'd continue on the sorc and get used to it again.

Good to know. Thank you.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are good to go with.

Couple of things, Hybrid Builds are out, go all in on your main Attribute. Which means Magic for your Sorcerer. Also, check your Mundus stone as that has gotten reset.

You may have noticed the Champ System now, that has a big impact on your character. You may want to grind out some points for that. You can do that in some Cyrodiil Delves or in Wrothgar. Although, with the enlightenment you have built up, questing would be a good way to get 50 or 100 points fairly quickly.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MistiAutumns
    MistiAutumns
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Sorcerers are good to go with.

Couple of things, Hybrid Builds are out, go all in on your main Attribute. Which means Magic for your Sorcerer. Also, check your Mundus stone as that has gotten reset.

You may have noticed the Champ System now, that has a big impact on your character. You may want to grind out some points for that. You can do that in some Cyrodiil Delves or in Wrothgar. Although, with the enlightenment you have built up, questing would be a good way to get 50 or 100 points fairly quickly.

Yeah I did notice the Champ System. I'll grind out some points via questing before using any of them for sure. I dumped all my stat points into Magic. I currently have duel weapons and a resto staff on my second bar. I'm having trouble getting started as I want to be viable in pve for leveling, but my main focus will be pvp and I'm not sure where to place my skills. From all of my research I'm having trouble really believing in or trusting any builds I can find.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP and Sorcerer? Stack your Shields and your good to go for the most part.

I know that Dual Wield does give more spell damage, but at the cost of having nothing to Light Attack Weave with. Maybe in PvP its all skills, but in PvE, I would be lost without Weaving so I use a Destro Staff. But that is just me.

Here is a thread on some build ideas, not saying these are the best, but can give you some ideas to work with:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247615/1-9-sorc

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222805/hexys-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build-for-2-1-duels-and-small-scale-pvp

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's way more to Sorc PvP and you know it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »

There's way more to Sorc PvP and you know it.

Yes, that is why I put the caveat in, for the Most Part.....

But, Shields are much bigger of a factor now than they were back at launch. So, people might not think to stack them so I wanted to make that point.

Thing is, the OP really just needs to play the game and figure out what all the changes are and how they are going to affect their game play.