Official Discussion Thread for "Loyalty Rewards for DLC Game Packs"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Loyalty Rewards for DLC Game Packs. We hope you enjoy these fun little rewards!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot guys, this is very nice of you. Keep up the good work.
    Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't suppose you intend on adding one for the Imperial City DLC in a future patch? :smile:.

Also, "loyalty" reward is a bit of a misnomer and in my opinion confusing due to the previous loyalty rewards and the fact that this reward really has nothing to do with loyalty since one month of sub and you get both, where's the loyalty? Maybe a different name would convey the purpose of these a bit better. Maybe a bonus pet or something?

Other than that, this is awesome and glad it's happening. The Echalette is very cute when he sits on the ground. :smiley:.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    More pets?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!? How about some crowns, some in game gold, a special recipe or crafting motif. How about something else for a change? Ever been to a group boss fight in Orsinium? look at all those pets eating up the FPS. At least make them go away when in battle. a do running around in a mob just hanging out while a fight is going on is just pointless and in the way.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is good thing ty. We can collect, we can play for cosmetic items (rare drops, quest rewards, buy at merchant). It is good feeling, cosmentics not only for money but you earn for a content reward.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    More pets?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!? How about some crowns, some in game gold, a special recipe or crafting motif. How about something else for a change? Ever been to a group boss fight in Orsinium? look at all those pets eating up the FPS. At least make them go away when in battle. a do running around in a mob just hanging out while a fight is going on is just pointless and in the way.

As mentioned in the article, each DLC game pack will have some sort of reward; it won't always be a pet. It just so happens that these first two are pets.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Kovaden
    Kovaden
    Paulington wrote: »
    Don't suppose you intend on adding one for the Imperial City DLC in a future patch? :smile:.

Also, "loyalty" reward is a bit of a misnomer and in my opinion confusing due to the previous loyalty rewards and the fact that this reward really has nothing to do with loyalty since one month of sub and you get both, where's the loyalty? Maybe a different name would convey the purpose of these a bit better. Maybe a bonus pet or something?

Other than that, this is awesome and glad it's happening. The Echalette is very cute when he sits on the ground. :smiley:.

I kinda second this...

Second these.
  • thehornydovahkiin
    thehornydovahkiin
    Soul Shriven
    Yes!!! Thank you! It's great news, I appreciate the gift and I bet many other people do as well. In-game gold and crowns are nice too, but I really love echateres. Because who doesn't? ;)
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is so sweet of you to be doing! Oh, the little echalette is the most adorable thing, I am looking so much forward to this! <3

@Paulington, I don't think they are actually called loyalty rewards anymore; that word is only used in the title, perhaps to get the attention of long-time players, especially those that have been asking and asking about the loyalty rewards and wanted them back. Otherwise, it seems to be that they will be gifts, since even at the end they write "some sort of reward". I might be wrong, but I definetely know that the "Loyalty Reward" part got my attention. :tongue: And I'm curious what they would add as a gift for Imperial City. Oh, if they had a Soul-/ of Mind-Shriven dog! XD Only because they had Mind-Shriven Skin and Horse in the Crown Store and it would be cool with a pet to make the set, but they are gone and I just use the Daedrat instead. Technically you did get a couple of costumes with the DLC, though, so maybe that is it?
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More pets?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!? How about some crowns, some in game gold, a special recipe or crafting motif. How about something else for a change?

Getting crowns for something you just bought with crowns sounds a bit pointless to me. :smile:

But besides that, not sure you've seen it, but Thieves Guild will bring several new crafting styles and costumes, even one you essentially get for free after completing the introduction quest.
  • zombiekiller
    zombiekiller
    Soul Shriven
    So do eso plus members get these?
    Xbox One-NA-EP
    Magicka NB
    Gamertag: Z0MBIE K1LLER
    (The "o" in zombie is a zero & the "i" in killer is a one.)
  • Benbrada
    Benbrada
    Soul Shriven
    So do eso plus members get these?

"Going forward, each DLC game pack we release will include some sort of reward for those that have access to it, either purchasing it through the Crown Store or simply being an ESO Plus™ member. "
  • Benbrada
    Benbrada
    Soul Shriven
    So if you earn these via being an ESO Plus member what happens to them when your sub lapses?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Benbrada wrote: »
    So if you earn these via being an ESO Plus member what happens to them when your sub lapses?

Once you receive your reward, you will keep it forever (even if your sub lapses).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Philsings
    Philsings
    So is this live now in Orsinium or when the Thieves Guild comes out?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you just decided to give us free stuff? Ok, cool... thanks :D
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For people talking about IC it already came with a pet. I wont spoil it by explaining how tho but it came with one.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Philsings wrote: »

It will be available once Thieves Guild is released in a few weeks. Sorry, we should have included that info in the article :sweat:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It will be available once Thieves Guild is released in a few weeks. Sorry, we should have included that info in the article :sweat:

A few weeks? I thought it came out 1st week of march?
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She probably meant to say a couple of weeks rather than a few. Some people think a few means a minimum of 3 whereas other people think it can mean as little as 2. My husband and I debate that all the time!
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

She probably meant to say a couple of weeks rather than a few. Some people think a few means a minimum of 3 whereas other people think it can mean as little as 2. My husband and I debate that all the time!

I always thought two was a "couple". :)
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering ... in 5 years time when somebody for the first time gets an ESO Plus sub, he'll be flooded with gifts?!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    2 weeks for PC, 4 weeks for console. I was just averaging them out. Man, you guys are keeping me honest here! :sweat_smile:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 weeks for PC, 4 weeks for console. I was just averaging them out. Man, you guys are keeping me honest here! :sweat_smile:

I was just freaking out thinking it was delayed on PC :) My wife is going out of town for a week 2nd week of march I planned on binge playing the whole week. Only pausing to eat.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Just wondering ... in 5 years time when somebody for the first time gets an ESO Plus sub, he'll be flooded with gifts?!

I don't understand this philosophy either.

I think pets should be only for those that purchased the DLC with Crowns (you get enough Crowns being Subscribed anyway).

Or at the very least, make it so that for each Subscribed month or two, you get a reward.
    Edited by Bloodfang on February 22, 2016 7:29PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »

I think pets should be only for those that purchased the DLC with Crowns (you get enough Crowns being Subscribed anyway).

Or at the very least, make it so that for each Subscribed month or two, you get a reward.

Plus members cannot buy the DLC tho. It wont show up because you already have access to it. Also plus members will have paid far more with the sub than anyone who just plays for free and buys the content when it comes out.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus members cannot buy the DLC tho. It wont show up because you already have access to it. Also plus members will have paid far more with the sub than anyone who just plays for free and buys the content when it comes out.
    Plus members can absolutely buy the DLC. When you select it in the Crown Store it will say that you already have access to it, but that buying it now will mean it is always available even if your sub ends.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Plus members can absolutely buy the DLC. When you select it in the Crown Store it will say that you already have access to it, but that buying it now will mean it is always available even if your sub ends.

Not my experience. When I was subbed none of the DLC showed as being able to be purchased. Regardless it doesnt matter. They are paying just like people who buy the DLC are paying. They should not be forced to buy the DLC and pay for plus as well simply to get a pet. Thats just ludicrous.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my experience. When I was subbed none of the DLC showed as being able to be purchased. Regardless it doesnt matter. They are paying just like people who buy the DLC are paying. They should not be forced to buy the DLC and pay for plus as well simply to get a pet. Thats just ludicrous.
    Absolutely agree with you there. The way they have it set up seems like a good one.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that is fantastic. I love the Jackal especially! Thank you! :smiley:
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭

Correct you can buy it as a subscriber. I bought them just because I had the crowns and in case I ever cancelled my subscription.