The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So V1 Purple Food Recipes.. Have you ever found one?

ontheleftcoast
ontheleftcoast
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not only talking about in the wild, I'm talking in the guild kiosks, looted from backpacks, anywhere. I noticed this a few weeks ago leveling a hybrid toon. When she got to level V1 I went to craft some purple food, I have multiple top level provisioning toons with gobs of purple recipes and.. none of them had V1 recipes. So I went shopping. I visited every single guild kiosk in Tamriel. Every one, yeah, even that little one in that remote corner of the map that you think nobody else knows about. ALL of them. Nada. Zippo. Nil. Zilch. Leveling another toon this week and they got to V1.. time to go searching again. And more goose eggs in the search.

I eventually chased down someone with some V1 purple food in one of my guilds. But it turns out he couldn't make it either, he just happened to have some Planked Abecean Longfin lying around in his bank.

So, my question is, do these food recipes (Slow-Simmered Rabbit Goulash, Braised Sweetmeats, Goatherd's Pie, Planked Abecean Longfin) even drop anymore? Or has ZOS screwed us purple food connoisseurs from level V1 to V4 out of our favorite comestibles? Note, I found plenty of V1 purple drink recipes, it's just the food recipes that seem to be impossible to find currently.
Edited by ontheleftcoast on February 19, 2016 3:08AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a while there, these seemed to stop dropping and were crazy rare. Then they mysteriously started dropping again; I found 3 of the 4 you mentioned... after I was V5! They do seem to be harder to find than others.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    got them all
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    For a while there, these seemed to stop dropping and were crazy rare. Then they mysteriously started dropping again; I found 3 of the 4 you mentioned... after I was V5! They do seem to be harder to find than others.

I've been playing since May 2014. I've leveled 6 toons to VR16 (and deleted 2 of them to create new ones). And in all of that time I have yet to find one VR1 food recipe. So is it merely RNG hell or a serious problem with the loot tables? Maybe I'll start going crazy on the provisioning writs with toons leveled to craft VR1 food and see what happens. After getting multiple Psijic Ambrosia recipes completed I lost interest in running provisioning writs. Maybe that's my problem.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they're rare...possibly...is because if the system is consistent, these would be found in containers of your V1 starter zones and the first third of Zone 1 (i.e., for an AD player the started zones in Ebonheart, Bleakrock Isle and the other one, as well as the first third of Stonefalls).

Many, many, many players don't bother with the starter zones once they're Vet 1, therefore many players would skip the areas where these drop, therefore they're more rare.

It won't kill you to use food from one level down. Or go world shopping...whee...I'm sure a guild somewhere has one for sale.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funnily enough, I got every level except this.

Got 45 then vet 5
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not only talking about in the wild, I'm talking in the guild kiosks, looted from backpacks, anywhere. I noticed this a few weeks ago leveling a hybrid toon.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I got every level except this.

Got 45 then vet 5

There is a weirdness with Vet 1 recipes. They drop mostly with Writs that you turn into Coldharbor. Problem is, it takes a certain combo of things to be dropping writs in Coldharbor. Provisioning Recipe Level 5 for one, that is the easy part, the other part is you have to be less than Vet1 otherwise your shunted to Craglorn. And while you can still get Vet1 recipes from there*, most people have set their recipe level to 6 at that point to get the best chance for Ambrosia Fragments. So its not so much they are impossible to get, it's that the way things are set up it discourages people from being at the level you need to get the recipes.

So, Vet 1 recipes are about the rarest you can get. I have taken to moving my L11 and L20 Mules to Coldharbor to do Recipe L5 writs just to farm Vet1 recipes to sell. In fact, I pulled a Vet1 Purple from up there just this week.

As for container farming them, look in the Vet 1/2 zones (starter island included).

*This is theoretical as I have not had a character who is Vet and Recipe L5 to see what happens, but it should happen.

Edited by Nestor on February 19, 2016 3:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    I'm vet 4 with Recipe L5 (doing writs in Coldharbour) and I do get vet1 purples from time to time though I seem to get the same 2 over and over. I only have 2 of the food recipes unlocked but I get a purple food recipe every few days (just got one yesterday that I already have). I usually sell them to guild mates.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm vet 4 with Recipe L5 (doing writs in Coldharbour) and I do get vet1 purples from time to time though I seem to get the same 2 over and over. I only have 2 of the food recipes unlocked but I get a purple food recipe every few days (just got one yesterday that I already have). I usually sell them to guild mates.

Thank you for confirming this. I thought it would be the case.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it a shame there has to be alts at a certain level to grab crafting items IE the latest is to keep a alt leveld down to 5/6 to grab writs that could yield Nirh.

When going to craft daily for a writ you should be given a choice as to what rank(that you can currently make) you wish to write for that day 6/6 5/6 4/6 ETC

• nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it a shame there has to be alts at a certain level to grab crafting items IE the latest is to keep a alt leveld down to 5/6 to grab writs that could yield Nirh.

When going to craft daily for a writ you should be given a choice as to what rank(that you can currently make) you wish to write for that day 6/6 5/6 4/6 ETC

This is an excellent idea! It would serve so many purposes such as restoring craglorn surveys for nirncrux, while retaining maximum level crafting.
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up most of the recipes I needed for my Know-it-All crafter from guild kiosks. I have all v1 epics and doubt I paid more than 5-7k for any one of them.
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things