The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Extra Guild store slots.

Sneakyfool
Sneakyfool
✭✭✭

As a serious trader I find that 30 slots isn't enough, currently I am part of 4 trade guilds and 1 PvE/PvP guild and I find I don't have enough slots to sell all the things I want even tho I have potentially 150 slots filled constantly.

What I propose is an option to pay crowns to increase this by 10 slots per guild increasing my slots to 200 then 250, 300 maximum perhaps.

The reason I feel this is a good option is that it's just offering more options to the store and helping it's customer base in two ways.

Serious Traders

The people who are serious about trading have the option to spend some money to give them some more flexibility whilst providing revenue for Zenimax. It doesn't affect anyone that feels they don't need them.

Trade Guilds

This option will also provide some much needed help towards the trade guilds which currently RELY on donations/raffles to afford the store rental each week. More slots for serious traders will increase the tax revenue provided by sales which in turn will decrease the need for donations or any money making scheme each guild currently NEED to sustain a presence each week.

By providing this option it's creating a way to make money whilst allowing the in game economy to grow somewhat, I would love to hear some constructive feedback.

Thanks for your time.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind serious traders being acknowledged and rewarded with extra slots. Good idea even.
    However, this should definitely not happen via the crown store - that would be obvious P2W. People could even be selected by big trading guilds upon this criteria. No no no !
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 16, 2016 11:12AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they added options within the game to purchase them with gold in escalating values and as upgrades for crowns (like bags/bank) then I have no issues with this at all.

This could also be another benefit for subscription by adding +20 slots for free for all subscribers (lost on sub expiry with items returned from cancelled listings)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the answers so far. It shouldn't be through Crown Store, and there should be some restrictions - like maybe having to have a certain guild rank, and/or it costing an escalating amount of gold (or make it like riding skills, where you can only buy one extra slot per day, with a specified max of course). Also, as subber, I wouldn't mind a few more benefits, so adding some extra slots via sub could maybe work :wink:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does still boggle my mind that these kinds of upgrades are not in the store yet.

Not to go too far off topic but I am VERY surprised they're not offering character slots for crowns yet. Maybe this is a coding/database issue. It's one of the few things which people can't scream P2W over and could be exclusively for crowns only.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who would be more than happy to gain some extra slots to try different race/class combinations.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Not to go too far off topic but I am VERY surprised they're not offering character slots for crowns yet. Maybe this is a coding/database issue. It's one of the few things which people can't scream P2W over and could be exclusively for crowns only.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who would be more than happy to gain some extra slots to try different race/class combinations.

I guess that's because extra character slots facilitate account sharing. While this is against the TOS, it's very hard to spot and verify for ZOS, thus the restrictions on character slots.
    They probably evaluated that "forcing" people to buy extra copies of the game (and subsequently more eso+ subscriptions) brings them more money than extra character slots via the crown store.
    But that's just my guess.

On topic, after giving it some thought, I don't think extra sales slots in guild store would be such a great advantage. Either your goods are priced properly and they sell quickly anyway, or they're not and they'll never sell. Even for trade guilds, it would be negative to have more badly priced items in their global offer. THey could quickly gain a reputation of being too expensive. Slot restrictions force you to select the goods you sell and not waste your slots with crap or overpriced stuff.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 16, 2016 11:54AM
  • Sneakyfool
    Sneakyfool
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I guess that's because extra character slots facilitate account sharing. While this is against the TOS, it's very hard to spot and verify for ZOS, thus the restrictions on character slots.
    They probably evaluated that "forcing" people to buy extra copies of the game (and subsequently more eso+ subscriptions) brings them more money than extra character slots via the crown store.
    But that's just my guess.

On topic, after giving it some thought, I don't think extra sales slots in guild store would be such a great advantage. Either your goods are priced properly and they sell quickly anyway, or they're not and they'll never sell. Even for trade guilds, it would be negative to have more badly priced items in their global offer. THey could quickly gain a reputation of being too expensive. Slot restrictions force you to select the goods you sell and not waste your slots with crap or overpriced stuff.

That's very presumptuous, and completely missing the point. As serious traders our items sell extremely fast but the issue is quantity not pricing.

For example and ease if I want to sell 30 Dreugh Wax I can either list them all together as 30 in bulk, smaller quantities of ten or singularly; this will either fill one, five or all of my slots with one guild with just one item. Now when you consider Enchantment glyph's which don't stack it's easy to see how easy it is to fill every slot in all of your trade guilds.

Obviously the single items will sell way faster than bulk, so allowing serious traders the option to upgrade the quantity isn't hurting anyone but allowing us more flexibility in terms of items we can list.

I for instance log in collect all the money I've made whilst logged off, fill all the slots that are now open and then go run dungeons, quest whatever. I don't want to have to run the bank every two minutes which is why I want the option to purchase more.

I believe the idea in this thread about allowing a in game currency cost or Crown store purchase is actually a better idea and also is a good cash sink.
    Edited by Sneakyfool on February 17, 2016 6:46PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneakyfool wrote: »
    That's very presumptuous, and completely missing the point. As serious traders our items sell extremely fast but the issue is quantity not pricing.

I fail to see where that is presomptuous. And maybe I was missing YOUR point but my point is very valid nonetheless. You just have to look at guild stores to realize that many players simply have no clue as to what sells, what doesn't and at what current price. It doesn't mean they're bad people, or bad players, but they are bad traders. Not everyone is a serious trader.
    If bad traders get more selling slots the guild stores will inevitably have even more crap in them.

Also, don't forget that guild store searching is tedious because of the bad UI. Even with awesome guild store it still is tedious, and console players do not even have that. I prefer traders to be encouraged to sell in bulks rather than in single pieces for this very reason.

If your stuff really sells that fast that you have to run to the bank very often to fill up your slots again, more slots won't change that : you'll still want to refill empty slots asap anyway, regardless how many slots you have in total.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 18, 2016 9:39AM
  • Sneakyfool
    Sneakyfool
    ✭✭✭
    Sneakyfool wrote: »

I fail to see where that is presomptuous. And maybe I was missing YOUR point but my point is very valid nonetheless. You just have to look at guild stores to realize that many players simply have no clue as to what sells, what doesn't and at what current price. It doesn't mean they're bad people, or bad players, but they are bad traders. Not everyone is a serious trader.
    If bad traders get more selling slots the guild stores will inevitably have even more crap in them.

Also, don't forget that guild store searching is tedious because of the bad UI. Even with awesome guild store it still is tedious, and console players do not even have that. I prefer traders to be encouraged to sell in bulks rather than in single pieces for this very reason.

If your stuff really sells that fast that you have to run to the bank very often to fill up your slots again, more slots won't change that : you'll still want to refill empty slots asap anyway, regardless how many slots you have in total.

Because you assumed I wanted the changes because things either sold slowly or not at all due to my pricing. Something you can only presume as it's based on your opinion and not actual facts. Also just because you say something is valid doesn't make it so, it's all subjective.

Now your points.
    You just have to look at guild stores to realize that many players simply have no clue as to what sells, what doesn't and at what current price. It doesn't mean they're bad people, or bad players, but they are bad traders. Not everyone is a serious trader. If bad traders get more selling slots the guild stores will inevitably have even more crap in them.

So because of bad traders nobody should benefit from the option of more trade slots but by your own admission giving them more slots won't change a thing if this was the case then, "good Traders" will also have more slots too so the guild stores will inevitably have more good well priced items too. So that would counter that discussion completely.

Irrelevant; The UI is what we have so has zero bearing on whether or not we should be able to purchase more guild trading slots. Also Just because you prefer people to sell in bulk has zero bearing on this discussion it's about the benefit to a type of player in this game. The market audience being "Serious traders" Try to look at it objectively otherwise discussing it with you is pointless.

Not as often as before; Me wanting to refill my sold items but having more slots means I can just do it less often. It's about % if I currently have 30/30 filled and 15 sell I have 50% of my spaces open, but if I have 50/50 filled and 15 sell I still have 35 slots on the market meaning I can carry on farming a dungeon or whatever I want without worrying about rushing back etc.

Really I haven't heard a single objective reason as to why we shouldn't have this option for those that feel they would benefit from it. At the moment you can purchase Bag/Bank slots with gold or with the crown store. It comes down to pure convenience; and more options is never a bad thing.

Thanks for your input.

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of this being crown store why not in game? Serious traders could afford it if it costed say 100k / slot or something...

Not sure if 100k is too high but the game's economy does need a new gold sink.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."