The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dunmer Stamina Nightblade Passives...

milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there!

I'm returning to the game after a hiatus and am planning to dust off my Altmer Nightblade. He's a Magicka-specced Nightblade, built for melee.

However, I'm seriously wanting to try a Stamina build for 1vX ganking, but the only other race I'm really interested in right now is a Dunmer. I'm wondering: will the lack of a Stamina Regen passive hurt, or will the increased Magicka pool make up for it with regards to utility (cloaking, etc.)?

I'd most likely go Dual Wield/Two-Hand in full Medium armor.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

:)

P.S.: Does Undaunted Mettle seem to be worth it in the current meta?
Edited by milesrodneymcneely2_ESO on February 18, 2016 7:07AM
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL!
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    LOL!
    I'm not sure I understand...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're going to pure min/max and ultimate damage then race/class mix doesn't matter that much.

Dunmer will be fine.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On V16 stats where your max stat is like 35k, you'll get an extra 3-5k if you choose the "correct" Race.

As @Turelus said, it makes very little difference unless you're planning on playing end-game content and want to be the most optimum player you can be. Even then.. A 10/10 player with the most "inefficient" Race-build will likely still outperform an 8/10 player with the most "efficient" Race-build.

Just select whatever you want, mate.
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your input, Gentlemen!

B)
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be alright. Especially for ganking and quick burst encounters the lack of extra regen is irrelevant if you just want to pick people off and escape
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Elf is not a bad choice considering ESO tends to switch "Meta" from time to time. Extra 7 percent fire damage is nice when using staff on a magicia NB build. You may not be "stam" forever. Plus the TG thats coming puts fire and magic damage in the same tree with CPs.

I am enjoying my Dark Elf NB magic build. Cant wait for the new content/ changes.
    Edited by Reevster on February 18, 2016 9:39AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer is awsome since you can go both magicka or stamina without hurting your max stam/max magicka pool.

Wish I made my bosmer a Dunmer from the beginning since I often swap between magicka and stam.

You can't go wrong with dunmer :)
    EU | PC
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, I think you'll miss the extra regeneration for stamina on a dark elf. It can come in handy sometimes. Also, ganking relies on high critical so extra points in critical is also helpful.

Is dunmer doable? Probably.
    Is it the most ideal? No.
    Edited by Katahdin on February 18, 2016 7:55PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate everyone's input. After playing around with my Altmer, I think I'm gonna stick with him for a Magicka build.

I REALLY like what the devs have done with Lotus Fan. Holy Cow - talk about REALLY FIXING a busted skill!

Thanks again, y'all!

<3
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer is underrated, in my opinion. Every single toon I've ever rolled as Breton would be better off as Dunmer. The fire damage boost alone is a major selling point for any class that depends on spamming Impulse for AOE.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there!

I'm returning to the game after a hiatus and am planning to dust off my Altmer Nightblade. He's a Magicka-specced Nightblade, built for melee.

However, I'm seriously wanting to try a Stamina build for 1vX ganking, but the only other race I'm really interested in right now is a Dunmer. I'm wondering: will the lack of a Stamina Regen passive hurt, or will the increased Magicka pool make up for it with regards to utility (cloaking, etc.)?

I'd most likely go Dual Wield/Two-Hand in full Medium armor.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

:)

P.S.: Does Undaunted Mettle seem to be worth it in the current meta?

I have been a Dunmer Stam Sorc since beta. I wish I was an Orc.

Regarding Nightblades, Dunmer can do both Stam and Magicka and do fine if you are a good player or just an opportunist. They are however not as good as some of the other races.
    They are much better as Magicka as they get a 9% increase which is 1% less than Altmer and Breton. They also get Fire Resist and 7% to Fire damage, which of course is really nice for Destro Staff.
    The 6% Stamina is nice but quite honestly I would almost always choose another race for Stamina and here's why:

As a Bosmer I get 10% Sneak Attack damage and a bonus to my Stealth radius by 3%. This is extremely nice for your "ganking" playstyle. Also the 22% Stamina regen is amazing.
    As Khajit you get the same Stealth bonus, 10% Stamina regen, and 8% Crit chance.
    As Redguard you get 10% regen, around 1200 Stam on melee hit every 3 seconds, and 10% maximum Stamina.
    As an Orc you get reduced Sprint cost, increased Sprint speed, 4% melee damage, increased Stam/Health by 6% and like 20% Health regen.

I have always picked a Dark Elf since PvPing in Everquest a long time ago. It's just something I do when it's available, so basically any TES game I play, I go Dunmer. I will not however, ever go Dunmer on a Stamina NB. For me, it's not necessarily about min maxing, however the other passives are just too good to pass up for meager 6% increase to Stamina. I mean if you want the flexability to bounce between Stam and Magicka.... then yes, Dunmer is the way to go. Though I did recently respec one of my Stamblades (bosmer) to Magicka and I rip stuff up, even without Magicka based passives. Though I would certainly be better with the extra 10% Magicka other races get.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...