Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you play veteran dungeons before veteran rank 16?

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
Hi im VR8 CP111 and i wanted to go for engines guardian armor so would it be possible at my level
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course you can. You need to be at least VR1 to do so. In order to play the veteran dungeon, the leader of the group needs to set the mode from normal to veteran in the group window (at the top you can see two 'shields') before entering the dungeon. That dungeon needs to have its veteran mode of course since only the dungeons located in the first three zones of AD and DC territory and the first two zones of EP territory have their veteran variant.
  • aaron_campion
    aaron_campion
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Of course you can. You need to be at least VR1 to do so. In order to play the veteran dungeon, the leader of the group needs to set the mode from normal to veteran in the group window (at the top you can see two 'shields') before entering the dungeon. That dungeon needs to have its veteran mode of course since only the dungeons located in the first three zones of AD and DC territory and the first two zones of EP territory have their veteran variant.

So i wont be at a disadvantage because im not VR16
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

If you use the group finder to enter the dungeon, you'll be scaled up, so your stats are about the same as a max level player if you have usefull gear. If you don't use the group finder, everyone will stay at his level and the dungeon will scale to the leader. So if you are leader and go with other people that are around v8, you'll do fine, if the group leader is v16 and the other people have low vet ranks, it will be harder than usuall.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    You should be fine doing vet dungeons at your level however I'd recommend hitting v16 before farming monster sets like engine guardian because a vet16 set will be a lot more useful than a vet 8 set
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only in the Drop you will. The Drop will scale to you so you end up with a VR8 piece.

Funny thing, the first time I defeated that boss, I got the Helm. Probably never get the shoulders now.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"