Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest horse?

Tenno
Tenno
Soul Shriven
So I currently have the imperial horse, and I am wondering if there is any faster horses that I could buy with gold or crowns. Any idea?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before 1.6 there was. I don't know if it makes a difference which horse you have now though. The stats got moved to your character's riding skill.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Tenno
    Tenno
    Soul Shriven
    Glurin wrote: »
    Before 1.6 there was. I don't know if it makes a difference which horse you have now though. The stats got moved to your character's riding skill.
    Yeah, I noticed that. I'll try to upgrade some of my skills.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All mounts have the same speed now, zero. They are only skins. The three mount stats are now on your character. Unfortunately, you can train only one every 20 hours, which more or less means 6 months to fully train. But no matter which skin you use, it will be as good as the training you take.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    What about bag space, I remember there being one that gave 10 spaces. Is that still available? what about the guar(sp)?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Ourorboros said is correct.

All mounts, no matter how much they cost, whether they come from the stable or crown store, or what species they are have the exact same stats.

Those stats are defined by your characters riding skills. If you put points into speed all your mounts will be faster. If you put points into carrying capacity you'll have the extra inventory space.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tenno
    Tenno
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, got my answers. Thanks everyone.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you could only do it 50 times? I had already been putting points into speed. Is there a way to respec the horse?
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mansome wrote: »
    I thought you could only do it 50 times? I had already been putting points into speed. Is there a way to respec the horse?

They changed it with 1.6. It's no longer training the horse, but training you as a rider. Just go to the stable and train, there's no need to respec, as there's no limit to points, you can train speed, stamina, and carrying to their fullest.

Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefell wrote: »
    Mansome wrote: »

They changed it with 1.6. It's no longer training the horse, but training you as a rider. Just go to the stable and train, there's no need to respec, as there's no limit to points, you can train speed, stamina, and carrying to their fullest.

Hmmm.. thought there was a limit, 60 in each of the 3 skills?

Can we go past the 60? on say a pack horse?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no differences between mounts.
    No bonus speed, stamina, cargo.
    All is at your character.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »

Hmmm.. thought there was a limit, 60 in each of the 3 skills?

Can we go past the 60? on say a pack horse?

There is a limit, it's 60 per stat.

And, no you can't get better than 60 on a stat.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    So me buying the 42k horse was completely useless smh
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3p Cyrodiil's ward set will get you another 15% horse speed...
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Senches run faster... try em
  • dereck_phantom
    @Warraxx wait what's 3p cause my horse speed is at 3%
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    @Prabooo

Make a video, please.
    If this is true, something must be fixed.
    PS4
    EU
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taryf wrote: »
    @Prabooo

Make a video, please.
    If this is true, something must be fixed.

No I won't, otherwise they will nerf them... ZOS always nerfs
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    ???
    Nerf what? Broken mechanic that is conflict with patch note?
    PS4
    EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Warraxx wait what's 3p cause my horse speed is at 3%

3 pieces of the Ward of Cyrodiil set grants 15% more movement speed while mounted.