Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

can we change psn account via link and re-link?

Jimozel
Jimozel
Soul Shriven
I have to learn, can we change change psn account with unlink and re-link? I cant enter to my psn account (hacked) but I did unlink my eso account on web site. Can I link my eso account on another psn account of mine? if I can re-link with another psn, can I play with my characters (created on my hacked psn)?
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you need to repurchase the game though to play on your characters.

I bought eso through the psn store. Afterwards, and playing for a while I wanted to change my psn name while being able to play on my old toons. The only thing about that, is I would have to buy eso again.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Jimozel
    Jimozel
    Soul Shriven
    You mean, I can link my eso account on my another psn. I have a digital game, I guess I can make primay account on my ps4 thn there is no need to buy eso again on psn store?
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOs linking system is seperate than having rights to the game. You still need to buy the game again. PSN won't let you copy your accounts purchased items for free.
    If you had the disc version of the game, it be different. But since we own it digitally and it's tied to one account only, in order for the link to work, you would have to buy eso again for your new account. THEN you can link your characters to your new psn.
    Edited by Eshelmen on February 17, 2016 1:32PM
  • Jimozel
    Jimozel
    Soul Shriven
    there is any penalty for this sutuation? I mean, should I wait 72h (or 24h etc.) to activate again my eso account on psn after de-link from old psn acc? any idea?
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. No penalties. You can literally unlink your account and link it back right away and you'll notice nothing changed on your account.
  • A_Lama_Snackbar
    jim no u cant move ur characters to another psn no matter what you do . trust me ive tried
  • BumbleBeeCamaro
    jim no u cant move ur characters to another psn no matter what you do . trust me ive tried

Can't understand why you would want to change your name mate.. One of the most popular names in AD Azuras Star ;)
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've successfully done it twice now.
  • khandakar.faisal
    Eshelmen wrote: »

I've successfully done it twice now.

Hello Eshelmen, Sorry to ask this so late, How do you transfer/move your character from one psn to another psn? is it possible to move my character to another psn account of different region on my same PS4 Console?

I have two PSN account, one is primary PSN account which is on Reg1, and my secondary account is on Reg2. so possible through unlink and relink?
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Please note that Account Linking is for account management purposes only and does not transfer characters, crowns, or other in-game items.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Eckov2
    Eckov2
    Soul Shriven

ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    Please note that Account Linking is for account management purposes only and does not transfer characters, crowns, or other in-game items.
    Can u guys link my eso acc from one banned xbl acc to my new one?