Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fasted way to reach VR16?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Hello!

So far I am on VR5. What is the fastest way to level up to VR16? Pledges, grinding mobs? Quests in other Alliances?
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grinding grinding and moar grinding :trollface:
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many ways of levelling and you need to decide which is for you.

If you just want to get to vr16 and are not interested in skyshards and questing i would advise going to wrothgar and grinding the public dungeons.. the xp is good and with ambrosia you can gain levels pretty damn quickly....

if that is not for you the google grinding spots...there are many....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    So if I start doing quests in the other Alliances` zone, does it give me good XP?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grinding in IC sewers seems the fastest way.

It also helps to get the Connoisseur rank III (provisioning) passive to increase the XP pot duration by 20 minutes.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are v5, chances are you don't need skill points. Grind in IC. In the off-chance that you want more skill points, do the other alliance's MAIN quests. The exp is still quite good and you get dem free skill points.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the quests on cadwell's silver. You need to unlock them for higher end gridning spots later on.

Sewers is good, but it's busy and you get interrupted all the time. There's more efficient spots by far.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    So if I start doing quests in the other Alliances` zone, does it give me good XP?

Pledges give awful XP. They are good to do once per day and save up gold keys for when you are VR16. But no good for gaining XP. Questing is better, but will never get you to VR16 as quickly as grinding. Grinding is quite a bit faster. But grinding can be dull, dull, dull. If you enjoy questing, doing the other alliances (Cadwell Silver and Gold) is not a bad way at all to gain VR ranks. It might take you a few weeks to reach VR16 instead of a few days. But it is really personal preference. Grinding can drive me crazy with boredom.

Doing Maelstrom Arena on normal is another way to reach VR16 fairly quickly. Normal Maelstrom is still pretty easy, but nowhere near as mindless as typical grinding. The enemies in normal Maelstrom give much higher XP than other dungeons/trials and you can repeat the quest and get quest XP as many times a day as you want. Grinding is still probably faster, but normal Maelstrom is probably the best compromise between decent XP and actually requiring some level of engagement in the game.
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Personally the 2 fastest ways I found was either run Imperial City sewers with another person, no more than a group of 2 or the way I do it every day is do the Cyrodill Daily Quests in the villages.
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deltia recently released a video on grinding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHKXwhQ_twM