The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Order of the Vagrant Lion

jarnkoldur
jarnkoldur
✭✭✭
"My apologies.
I don't desire to distract you, yet perhaps this shall pique your interest..."

A folded note, worn and weathered, flops unto the table from the strange's hand. You grasp at it caustiously, unfolding the paper until the message is legible to your perception.

Written upon it:

"Alas ye hour of wolves tis upon us!" Cried ye mighty lords of the Imperium at ye Emperor's death. Yet, unheard by mighty lords bade ye flock of Tamriel, ye commonwealth, "where art ye hounds which shall keep the wolves at bay?"
-From "Fractures of an Empire," Aquirian Laticus.

Beneath that written in a hasty hand:

We are the hounds!

This is an ad for the new Order of the Vagrant Lion RP in the PS4 NA servers.
Edited by jarnkoldur on April 3, 2016 12:31PM
"And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    "Friend you ever hear the tale of Arkay and the Dog? No! Ah, well I shall not allow you to miss the oppurtunity...

At one point in Tamriel's bloody history Arkay, herder of the dead, was overwhelmed by the amount of souls -all of this due to some catastrophe- desiring his judgement to the hereafter. Divine Arkay was flustered. To this situation Arkay considered in taking a few days of respite, but before he could, he would need to locate someone who could -with rigtheous judgment- guide the souls to the hereafter.

Thus he sought aid from the other divines:

Of the other seven, Dibella was the first he came upon with his request to which she answered; "Nay! I cannot, for if I where to judge those souls I would have to judge them not by their character but by the character of their performance in pleasure making and that is not fair."

Next Arkay sought the aid of Julianos, whom upon his request answered: "Nay! I cannot, for if I were to judge those souls I would have to judge them not by their character but by the character of what knowledge resides within them and that is not fair."

Then Arkay sought the aid of Stendarr, whom upon his request answered: "Nay! I cannot, for if I were to judge those souls I would have to judge them not by their character but by the weight of their acts of mercy and that is not fair."

It was thus realized by Arkay that he could not ask the other divines for assistance with this task as he realized that none of the other Divines could aid him; they, the other Divines, could only pass judgment based solely upon their attributed aspects and that would be unfair."

Arkay was dismayed.

"Excuse me sir," a voice called to Arkay. To this Arkay noticed a dog which sat at his feet. "I know what you seek and I request if I may be assistant to you good sir." The Dog asked.

"Dog what know you of judgment?" Arkay replied.

To which the Dog stated, "Sir, in my tireless wandering I have come to learn how to judge Man and Mer accordingly. I can tell whether their soul be good or bad, just based upon their reaction at our first meeting. For when I come upon a stranger: if the stranger pats me upon the head and offers me some water and some food than the individual must be settled with a good and generous soul, yet if the stranger whips at me beats me and humiliates me than the indvidual must be keeper to a dark and twisted heart."

To this Arkay considered the Dog's words and coming to prudent decision bestowed upon the dog the duties of aiding him in herding the souls of the deceased to the hereafter.

Now my friend, what is the moral of this story?

Ah, you cannot guess?

Well, I shall tell you.

The reason khajits have no souls because they can't get past the dog at the entrance of the hereafter! Ha! Get it?

-Two Grave Tongue
    Edited by jarnkoldur on February 15, 2016 12:45PM
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"