Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Orsinium and Nirncrux

deleted220103-006055
So I bought Orsinium and was doing writs and surveys coming from them and gathering resources wherever quests took me for a few days, and I was wondering why I wasn't getting any nirncrux. Then someone pointed out to me that nirncrux is found, as per the story and lore, only in Craglorn.

I stood corrected. Still, I'm not sure why getting 10/10 in crafting passives as opposed to 9/10 should penalize you by denying nirncruxes to you. Planemeld between Craglorn and Orsinium?
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still get nirncruxes by farming in craglorn. But i see your point. It is a better reward to have a chance at nirn.
  • deleted220103-006055
    Sure, it would just be nice if Orsinium surveys nodes gave a chance of getting nirns. That regular nodes continued not to yield any would be fine. How would that make sense? I don't know, magic?!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have more than one toon, so took one down to 9/10 so I could still get nirncrux.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish I could go back to doing Craglorn writs.
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish I could go back to doing Craglorn writs.

Me as well, have a 2nd Char exclusively for Craglorn writs.
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've found that with the new writs in Wrothgar I've been running out of voidstone, so I spent an hour running round Craggles - one complete lap.

Tons of materials... one potent nirn, two fortified!

A better return than the old writs used to give, probably because you can now get nirn in southern Craglorn.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn is dead, in comparison to months ago. Only people farming nodes there.
    I'm one that wants Craglorn back alive.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »
    Craglorn is dead, in comparison to months ago. Only people farming nodes there.
    I'm one that wants Craglorn back alive.

I REALLY want them to battle level other zones. I want reasons to go back to other parts of tamriel.

Right now, unless you RP, you are paying to play in the latest dlc area or cyrodiil. That's two areas. Massive world of exploration, and you're in two places.
    Edited by Kova on February 14, 2016 10:13PM
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same penalty applies when your crafter is not VR16, you need 10/10 for Rubedite & the other VR16 mats. Otherwise deconstructing the VR15/16 items yields nothing.

I learned that the hard way OP ( was tired and just spamming decon, not paying attention, when I checked my bags to see how much I got I saw I got nothing after deconstructing 180 items ) I felt betrayed :smiley:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."