The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do I have to reapply settings every couple weeks?

Jadar
Jadar
Okay so every couple weeks I have to reaccept all the license agreements and such and then I have to reput in my username and password even though I have checked Remember Username, and after that I have to wait for a VERY long loading screen, and after that when it loads my characters they are bad quality because it has reset my settings. Why does this happen? Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a bug to me. I've never had that happen to me, with or without addons installed.

(I have had something similar: I'm completely unable to edit the audio settings because as soon as I close the menu down the reset to everything at 80, which means I have to use subtitles all the time because so many of the NPCs are so quiet, or seem to randomly alternate between shouting and whispering.)

You will occasionally need to re-accept the licence agreement if you re-install the game or if it's changed significantly (I think update 2 was the last time), because they legally have to let you know it's changed, show you the new version and have you accept it before you can log in.

But you shouldn't lose all your settings unless you switch to a different server (because they're server specific) or reinstall.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me too. Usually when installing a new addon or updating one.

I have AUI and Grid inventory addons installed if that helps.
  • Jadar
    Jadar
    Danikat wrote: »
    That sounds like a bug to me. I've never had that happen to me, with or without addons installed.

(I have had something similar: I'm completely unable to edit the audio settings because as soon as I close the menu down the reset to everything at 80, which means I have to use subtitles all the time because so many of the NPCs are so quiet, or seem to randomly alternate between shouting and whispering.)

You will occasionally need to re-accept the licence agreement if you re-install the game or if it's changed significantly (I think update 2 was the last time), because they legally have to let you know it's changed, show you the new version and have you accept it before you can log in.

But you shouldn't lose all your settings unless you switch to a different server (because they're server specific) or reinstall.

Oh thats why! Thanks :)