The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Imperial Dragon Knight

MrBeatDown
MrBeatDown
✭✭✭✭
salty.png

This is my Sword and Board Imperial Stamina Dragon Knight that uses Fire Damage and DoT's.

This is MY BUILD but I'm sure they're are variations out their that might be better or more fun for your style of play. This is optimum for me because im tanky as hell and I have ALOT of fun playing this in 1 V 1 duels. Some folks get salty about it, trash gets talked. Its all good. Its fun. This is my sword and board Fire Dot Tank! At 456 cp's i can kill several variations of characters, it just depends on your skills, If you get good with animation cancel, this build is Da Poo Poo. Enjoy!

I'm putting my build out their in hopes that others will get a chance to experience what Eric Wrobel is talking about destroying, probably "Soon", So if you got that DK laying around and you want to duel with it, I highly suggest checking this build out, You can probably do this cheaply now, since thieves guild about to drop.
They will be nerfing Flames of Oblivion but Buffing Valkyn Skoria on Thieves guild patch according to patch notes. It took a long time to get everything i needed and build this toon, but this is the way i like it.

These stats are what i Run in Cyrodiil with The Blue Food Increased Health and Stamina Recovery.
Also, I did not Snap Shot the second bar Buffed stats, but WW is the Ultimate so you get More Stamina Regen on your secondary bar.
I keep increased weapon damage, increased Crit, Stamina potions for my main pot and also keep immovable pots and detect pots for obvious reasons in my quickslot.

DK_stats.png

Gear is pretty straight forward,
5 piece Black Rose Heavy Armor set All pieces Legendary upgraded, Divines, Perfect Kuta Health Enchants!

2 piece jewelry, Agility with Robust Trait and Increased Weapon Damage enchant

3 piece Endurance, This is important, for me, I use the Lord Warden Quest Reward shield because it gives you health Recovery and you cannot craft that enchantment.
So 2 Shield Endurance (Lord Warden V16 quest completion Shield with health recovery enchant)
2 endurance Weapon with Sharpened Trait and increase weapon damage enchant
1 endurance ring Robust with increased weapon damage enchant.
NOTE. You can mix up your endurance and agility to be cheaper, but this is the best way for me to do it cheaply, Optimum is obviously 1 agility amulet (Cuz cheaper) and 2 agility weapons (because you can leg upgrade them for more stamina on your 2 piece Agility set bonus) I skipped it. Not much difference to me.

Valkyn Skoria Helm Impenetrable (i have magic enchant on mine)
Valkyn Skoria Shoulders Divines or whatever you want really, i got well fitted, and both of my pieces are still V14, Put health Enchants on both pieces. (this also has a magic enchant on it)

When Thieves guild goes live i plan on playing around and testing 5 piece Heavy Armor Fasalla's Guile but i will have to change up CP Tree when it happens and they also nerfed FoB So i will need a replacement skill for it.....

gears.png

This is my Cp Tree Layout @ 456 CP'S which is going to change after Thieves Guild Drops and goes live. If i hit the 501 cap i would simply burn the rest of my points in Warlord, Block Expertise, and Blessed. I currently have a point in medium armor focus, but i was testing something, it belongs also into Block Expertise...
The 1 point in Elemental expert only adds damage to the Flames of Oblivion (according to tool tip info) And not my other stamina based morph skills as Eric Wrobel thinks it does. Ive seen no evidence of increased damage by adding points into it and i only did it for 1% increase to my FOB and my Valkyn Skoria Meteor damage.

DK_stats_cps.png

As for skills, THis is the way I LOVE TO PLAY MY DK!!! Eric Wrobel wants to nerf this build to promote more Magic skirt builds and Stamina Wrecking Blow builds, Eric Wrobel Hates tanks, and he hates heavy armor.
Eric Wrobel doesnt even know how the current game performs on live with the stamina based ardent flame abilities and the effects that the current cp tree have on the damage being done. BUT YET, he wants to change it, but does not even know how it works..... Proof is here http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247168/wrobel-wants-to-change-stamina-dk-fire-damage-to-poison/p3

Guy is lost in the sauce...

Anyways Skills.

Bar 1
Shielded Assault IV
Unstable Flame IV
Heroic Slash IV
Green Dragon Blood IV
Flames of Oblivion IV

Bar 2
Burning Breath IV
Ransack IV
Reverberating Bash IV
Resolving Vigor IV
Flames of Oblivion IV

WW Ultimate skills ( put it in any order your comfortable with)
WW Berserker IV

Brutal Pounce IV
Hircines Rage IV
Rousing Roar IV
Howl of Agony IV
Claws of life IV

skills.png

Dueling, All i can say is you have to learn how to duel, I cant teach you. This is a pretty ez straight forward 1 v 1 PVP dueler that is very tanky and has Amazing resource management. You have to use it to understand it. Its very easy. I do lots of light attacks and throw in heavy attacks also. You just have to get experience to pvp.

ENJOY!

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome build. Glad to see someone is making the black rose set work for them and not the cookie cutter hundings rage/morkuldin builds running around today. I've been thinking about a similar build but with the reactive set for more tankiness. Also with dual wield on the back bar for the additional DoT (rending slashes) and flying blade for the major brutality buff.

If I was going to run your build, I'd swap unstable flames and burning breath on the bars, since breath and ransack give the same debuff and they don't stack.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Reactive set is a good choice too, but when i think about how much Legendary Tempers cost, i just dont do it, plus i would want all of it in Divines too. I would have to shop it and upgrade it. Also, Duel wield is ok, but with the massive FPS drops and lag, i decided to just drop it. I keep a Essence of Weapon damage pot popped as often as needed to buff damage so flying blade is not really needed. The only real reason to duel wield with this build in my opinion, is when defending a keep. You can toss daggers from the top of a keep, which is nice, but i rarely try to defend keeps anymore, its just one big lag fest and i do not enjoy it at all. Half the time the entire enemy raid is invisible so you cant target them anyway. I basically try to stay away from large battles, im tired of the load screens during combat and the 5 minute /reloadui. I keep breath on the off bar in case of templar or cloak blade, so when they purge or cloak away the dot i can re apply one no matter what bar im on.

The set im going to check out because its going to be new, is that Fasalla's Guile, I want to test it out and see how well it stacks with reverb bash. Ill have to play around with cp's to see how effective the stack is. In theory, it sounds like a super set that is comming out. I may not even have to worry about stacking cp's into it though, because it should be effective enough as is. The Skroria set gets a buff on Thieves guild patch but the Flames of Oblivion gets a nerf. So i might have to remove that from the bars when it goes live, it just depends on the cost to use it. I might wind up replacing it with obsidian shield and something else, just havent decided yet. Maybe ill put silver leash/shards in the other place. Since i use pots, I'll get crit/WD from them so i probably wont miss the FOB passive bonus. FOB was only "Good" Because it was a toggle.

Health regen will be prime for this build next patch, so i may even try to beef mine up a little bit more. Well see "soon".
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, healing debuff may be really strong. Don't forget siege is getting a buff so meatbag catapults should be stronger too.