Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tips on being a Dunmer in the daggerfall covenant

TheArgonianFan2015
So my main is a Dunmer within that faction.

I could use some tips on why she ended up working for this faction instead of the ebonheart pact.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could use some tips on why she ended up working for this faction instead of the ebonheart pact.

You were captured during the war, had your ears clipped to strip away any mer pride and now are forced to work as a slave or you will be brutally beaten like the elf scum you are.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if your character's not the nicest individual, it could be that she didn't like being reduced to being equals with her former Argonian slaves and refused to support the Ebonheart Pact.

Or, she was simply born in High Rock or Hammerfell and feels no connection to her homeland. I mean being born and raised in Morrowind is usually a big deal for Dunmer, but that doesn't mean 100% of Dunmer are born or raised there. I've come across Dunmer NPCs not from Morrowind.

You could always do the neutral thing too. My main is an Altmer in the Pact, but as a member of the Mages Guild he sees himself as neutral. He just happens to be based in Ebonheart territory right now :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    While climbing ash mountain an eruption blew you into high rock.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • TheArgonianFan2015
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Well if your character's not the nicest individual, it could be that she didn't like being reduced to being equals with her former Argonian slaves and refused to support the Ebonheart Pact.

Or, she was simply born in High Rock or Hammerfell and feels no connection to her homeland. I mean being born and raised in Morrowind is usually a big deal for Dunmer, but that doesn't mean 100% of Dunmer are born or raised there. I've come across Dunmer NPCs not from Morrowind.

I think the whole being born in covenant territory is the best option since Im not Roleplaying her as a racist monster.

Thanks for the advice.
  • MikkeOfGreenRiver
    MikkeOfGreenRiver
    ✭✭✭

I’d go for the born in High Rock option. Then think of her as a person who is a Dunmer rather than as a racial stereotype. A person could have a whole lot of reasons to fight for their home.
  • Richard_scottub17_ESO
    Also you could have her have been advocating for the freeing of slaves in the Ashland's and for it being outcasted from her homeland. Joining the dagger fall cov. In hopes of restoring peace and order to the realm and return to her home land
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Religion outcast perhaps? It'd be rare, but it could make for an interesting story.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She could be a merc, hates nords for killing her ancestors, doesn't believe in the skald kings ideas, maybe lived in DC territory before the war started, doesn't want to be allies with her former argonian slaves, the list goes on.
    Edited by imredneckson on February 23, 2016 7:51PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)