The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Armor vs Spell Resist: which is more important for end game PvE?

sekou_trayvond
sekou_trayvond
✭✭✭✭✭
Thinking ahead to my max build (currently v13) and wondering which is more important for my magicka Templar tank.

I don't PvP so that's not a consideration. But I enjoy enjoy running dungeons often and would like to optimize/balance my tank's build.

Right now I run about 24k spell Resist and 20k armor. I appear to survive fine in the dungeon runs but what say you all?

Is there a better sweet spot/ratio I should be aiming for?

Is one notably more important?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
  • Diab3ticBatman
    Honestly I would imagine this would vary by opinion but I definitely put more emphasis on spell resist. Mostly because as a tank running heavy armor that boosts your armor and, well at least for my dragon knight, I have magma armor for the even bigger boost to armor or obsidian shield. Lots of stuff raises armor/physical resist including the sword and board, but when wearing heavy few things give you spell resist so boosting that up works best imo. It's a balance for sure, but in both pve and pvp magic reigns supreme damage wise so spell resist is more important for my use.
    The Wolfpack Guard is looking for members on Xbox One. If you are with the Aldmeri Dominion, and looking for a good guild with good people who will help each other and work together, this guild may be for you.
    WE RUN AS ONE!
    Options
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I would imagine this would vary by opinion but I definitely put more emphasis on spell resist. Mostly because as a tank running heavy armor that boosts your armor and, well at least for my dragon knight, I have magma armor for the even bigger boost to armor or obsidian shield. Lots of stuff raises armor/physical resist including the sword and board, but when wearing heavy few things give you spell resist so boosting that up works best imo. It's a balance for sure, but in both pve and pvp magic reigns supreme damage wise so spell resist is more important for my use.

I would have to agree. Most of the bosses do some type of spell damage against you. Ideally, however, you'd be close to the resistance cap on both when you are buffed up. Armour Master is a very good set for Templars since they do not have Hardened Armor.
    N64 NA EP
    Options
  • Diab3ticBatman

I would have to agree. Most of the bosses do some type of spell damage against you. Ideally, however, you'd be close to the resistance cap on both when you are buffed up. Armour Master is a very good set for Templars since they do not have Hardened Armor.

That's the IC set, right? I would agree that would be best, tho I think it needs 9 traits researched which might be tough for many.

The Wolfpack Guard is looking for members on Xbox One. If you are with the Aldmeri Dominion, and looking for a good guild with good people who will help each other and work together, this guild may be for you.
    WE RUN AS ONE!
    Options
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, it is. But shouldn't be too hard to find someone to make it for you at this point.
    N64 NA EP
    Options
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the advice.

Already sporting Armor Master. Love that set :-)

Think I'll keep doing what I'm doing and push the caps, if I can.
    Options