Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How long to learn 6 traits on clothings

Tynezz
Tynezz
For each item?
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tynezz wrote: »
    For each item?

Depends on how many points you put into the stitching passive, see uesp.net/wiki/Online:Traits#Research
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Devve777
    Devve777
    ✭✭
    if you are on ps4 and need 6trait gear, you can hit me up and ill craft it until you can yourself.

if you are having trouble finding stuff to research, there are a few traits that you can get from npcs.
    example, you can buy training from multiple different npcs, and impenetrable(which is usually difficult to find and expensive to buy) can be purchased in the sewers for 1k telvar. thats like maybe 20mins of grinding for a very strong trait. if you are a PVPr, i would suggest researching impen asap.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    6th is ~15 days
    7th is ~1 month
    8th is ~2 months
    9th is ~3 months
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    6th is ~15 days
    7th is ~1 month
    8th is ~2 months
    9th is ~3 months

With none of the passives. With passives maxed it's...

6th- 6 days
    7th- 12 days
    8th- 24 days
    9th- 30 days
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    6th is ~15 days
    7th is ~1 month
    8th is ~2 months
    9th is ~3 months

6th- 6 days
    7th- 12 days
    8th- 24 days
    9th- 30 days

And if you're ESO+ member 9th = 28 days.
    Edited by Jimboo84 on February 2, 2016 12:37PM
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir's times are the cumulative times to get to that number of traits on an item starting from zero which I think answers the question.

Danksta's times are to get to just research that trait eg if you've already got 5 traits then with max passives it takes 6 days to research the sixth trait

Jimboo84, I don't have eso plus so stand to be corrected however I think it reduces the research times by 10% making the ninth trait 27 days
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't these numbers just for the first item of clothing with the 6th Trait? With 7 different articles of clothing you would end up doing research on 42 items to have enough to be able to craft a complete 6th Trait set. Isn't that more like 10 months of research with the passive for speed and increase to 3 items?

It's difficult to put an exact number on each item, because of the progressive time requirements. Or has it been so long since I finished researching 9 Traits, that I've missed something?
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't these numbers just for the first item of clothing with the 6th Trait? With 7 different articles of clothing you would end up doing research on 42 items to have enough to be able to craft a complete 6th Trait set. Isn't that more like 10 months of research with the passive for speed and increase to 3 items?

It's difficult to put an exact number on each item, because of the progressive time requirements. Or has it been so long since I finished researching 9 Traits, that I've missed something?

You only need 6 traits on the pieces you're making so thats 30 items. With rank 4 stitching thats about 14 days total an item and you can be researching 3 items at the same time so about 140 days would be the quickest possible I think.
    Edited by BabeestorGor on February 5, 2016 12:06AM
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »
    6th is ~15 days
    7th is ~1 month
    8th is ~2 months
    9th is ~3 months

6th- 6 days
    7th- 12 days
    8th- 24 days
    9th- 30 days

And if you're ESO+ member 9th = 28 days.

Wasn't it 27 for number 9?
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    You only need 6 traits on the pieces you're making so thats 30 items. With rank 4 stitching thats about 14 days total an item and you can be researching 3 items at the same time so about 140 days would be the quickest possible I think.

This is assuming that you only want to make the same 5 piece set every time. In order to be complete and satisfy random requests from guild mates, you'd need all 7 items.

How did you arrive at 14 days total per item? Like Bryanhaas noted above, isn't it more like double that?
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭

This is assuming that you only want to make the same 5 piece set every time. In order to be complete and satisfy random requests from guild mates, you'd need all 7 items.

How did you arrive at 14 days total per item? Like Bryanhaas noted above, isn't it more like double that?
    1. 4 hr 30 min
    2. 9 hr
    3. 18 hr
    4. 1 d 12 hr
    5. 3 d
    6. 6 d

Its actually closer to 13 days an item but I rounded up. I did assume the OP wanted to make a set just for themselves. If they want to make stuff for guildmates too they'd not only need all 14 items covered by the clothier skill but probably woodworking and smithing done too. A lot longer.

edit: Apologies, my ability to do simple arithmatic seems to have departed me, I fear for the education of the children I work with :*

10 days + 43 hours + 30 minutes, that actually less than 12 days so 5 items with 6 traits learnt and rank 4 stitching could conceivably be done in 120 days.

Edited by BabeestorGor on February 6, 2016 12:44PM
    EU PC.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    1. 4 hr 30 min
    2. 9 hr
    3. 18 hr
    4. 1 d 12 hr
    5. 3 d
    6. 6 d
    10 days + 43 hours + 30 minutes, that actually less than 12 days so 5 items with 6 traits learnt and rank 4 stitching could conceivably be done in 120 days.

Got it, but this is only true with a few caveats. That you have all skill points into the clothing passives that shorten the research time and boost the number of simultaneous research items. And that you have done no other research in clothing prior to starting this research.

If however you wanted to have 6 traits on all 7 pcs of light armor, that would take you another 120± days for that 7th piece.

I think you are correct in that the OP was really interested in how long to get to a 6 trait set.
    The question: "How long to learn 6 traits on clothings For each item?"
    Is a fairly complex question to just answer simply.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. 4 hr 30 min
    2. 9 hr
    3. 18 hr
    4. 1 d 12 hr
    5. 3 d
    6. 6 d

Got it, but this is only true with a few caveats. That you have all skill points into the clothing passives that shorten the research time and boost the number of simultaneous research items. And that you have done no other research in clothing prior to starting this research.

If however you wanted to have 6 traits on all 7 pcs of light armor, that would take you another 120± days for that 7th piece.

I think you are correct in that the OP was really interested in how long to get to a 6 trait set.
    The question: "How long to learn 6 traits on clothings For each item?"
    Is a fairly complex question to just answer simply.

Agreed. I just thought of another thing nobody has mentioned. ESO+ gives 10% research bonus.
    Just have to hope somewhere in the thread is the info the OP wanted :D
    EU PC.