Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rare/Silver Motifs

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm searching for these in Daggerfall but I have a few questions. Does anyone know where these can these drop from? Is it only desks or does is it also include nightstands, safeboxes, wardrobes, dressers and trunks? I've tried Googling and searching threads but I can't find a definitive answer.

Also, I'm new over here so where's the best place to loot for these? Currently I'm torn between Daggerfall Bank and the Castle (as they have 3 and 2 desks, respectively but the latter has more nightstands, wardrobes and trunks) for which is the most efficient but is there a better city I could travel to?

Thanks
Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on February 5, 2016 4:50PM
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver motifs?
    Blue/purple/gold I'm aware of but never heard of silver.
    Its all furniture, also backpacks, chests and urns.
    Castle is much easier since you don't have to steal IIRC but I'm sure there are better places.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your still leveling to 50, your not going to find the original 4 Purple Motifs. (at least you are not supposed to). You can only get Barbaric and Primal in Silver Zones (Vet1 to 5), and Ancient Elf and Daedric in the Gold zones (Vet 6 to 10)

But, I have found them on my L20 in Coldharbor in the Hollow City and you can find them in Wrothgar at any level. In fact, I found one this morning in the Bar in the Hollow City and I found one a couple of weeks ago in the bank in the Hollow City.

Imperial, which is a Gold Motif can be found anywhere. With about a 1:100,000 chance of getting it. I think the other Gold Motifs (Glass etc) can be found anywhere also, but those drop rates are probably even lower.
    Edited by Nestor on February 5, 2016 6:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor and @BabeestorGor

Sorry, I meant purple motifs that are in Silver zones as I've just reached Vet 1 and travelled to Daggerfall.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall has lots of containers to look in. The ships, the bar, the castle, the bank (too many guards there for efficient farming) and lots of other places too. Pre Justice System I probably found 200 motifs in that town. But this was back when Motifs were not sharing the loot tables with all the other Legerdemain loot.

To that end, these motifs have plummeted in price, I am selling Barbaric and Primal for around 5K each, Ancient Elf for 6K and Daedric for 9K, on the PC/NA. So, you might be better served stealing and fencing for a couple of days, then buying them.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice but after going to Daggerfall for some glyphs I went in to the bank to check what level a purple recipe (which I actually found in the bank today) was and I decided to do a quick loot of the desks. In the third I found Barbaric motif :)

Yeah I saw the price in the traders but I'd rather earn some cash looting where I have a chance - albeit a small one - of getting the item I want.

Given that I won't be able to get AE or Daedric for some time though I'll probably just buy them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice but after going to Daggerfall for some glyphs I went in to the bank to check what level a purple recipe (which I actually found in the bank today) was and I decided to do a quick loot of the desks. In the third I found Barbaric motif :)

The bank is nice, I just get caught all to often in there. Probably because I don't pay all that much attention to my surroundings. LOL, I was in a home the other day and looted a container and got caught. I looked around and the NPC was standing right next to me. I mean I had to walk up to the container the NPC was standing next to to loot it, but did I see the NPC? Nope. For the record, this was in a house that has some NPCs in it during a certain quest stage, so I was not sneaking as all other times, the place is empty.

Edited by Nestor on February 5, 2016 9:41PM

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Yeah I only get caught by the woman in there when I fancy collecting Provisionig items as well. Other times I just get the desks and the guard is useless (although he/she did catch me once and didn't do anything).

In my looting house in Windhelm I sometimes get frustrated by a woman upstairs and kill her. I'll be logging in and back out looting it without being hidden then she'll just spawn right on top of me. Pretty annoying. Although thinking about it now, there's really no need to go there anymore on my main.

Let me know if you want the location as it would be great for Silver or Gold Zone looting.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm searching for these in Daggerfall but I have a few questions. Does anyone know where these can these drop from? Is it only desks or does is it also include nightstands, safeboxes, wardrobes, dressers and trunks? I've tried Googling and searching threads but I can't find a definitive answer.

Also, I'm new over here so where's the best place to loot for these? Currently I'm torn between Daggerfall Bank and the Castle (as they have 3 and 2 desks, respectively but the latter has more nightstands, wardrobes and trunks) for which is the most efficient but is there a better city I could travel to?

Thanks
    I have never heard of Silver ones.
    Edited by Volkodav on February 8, 2016 4:03AM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant rare ones from silver zones. They're in the first alliance you go to after Coldharbour
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh yea - those motifs are very rare and go for too much money on guild stores (honestly I'd say anything above 10k is overpriced) cheapest I've seen a rare motif is about 17k and most expensive was like 95k. But I think if u keep searching in the zones u suspect these motifs to be that you will find em eventually
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AkulA1996

Yeah I managed to find one in Daggerfall's bank not too long after this post was created. And also an Imperial in Coldharbour when I was seeing if there's any good places there.

As I've said to someone above: I'm in to stealing for generating cash so if I want higher level recipes or motifs I'd rather combine the two - however small the chance - rather than spending over the odds on the Traders.