Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writ Rewards

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
My provisioning is it level improvement level 2 and the last two days I've only got one recipe from each reward. My friend, however, pumped his up to 7 and got a few purples from his first one.

Presumably he had a greater chance at those because of his higher improvement level? Just checking before I splurt points in.
  • TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this definitely applies to provisioning - but certainly for woodworking, blacksmithing and clothing, I have noticed that the more points I put on my crafting passive - the more inspiration and higher quality items I get in the satchels from completing the writs.

One thing to note: It also gets harder to craft the items - (for every point spent - you need the next lvl range of materials) - so just watch you don't go too high with them, and then can't source the mats.

Again, I'm not a provisioner, so you might want to have someone else corroborate this. :smile:
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'm aware that > points = > quality and this isn't an issue for me as I have a fair bit of cash for the recipes and the ingredients for the writs just seem to be bog standard ones (albeit with more required).

I'm hoping that spending some cash initially will be an investment of sorts and the rewards from them over a few weeks will be worth it.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    It can be kind of random as well.
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @joker0137 yeah I mean "higher chance" for example I'd have a 5% chance of getting a purple whereas he'd have a 30% chance.
  • TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that spending some cash initially will be an investment of sorts and the rewards from them over a few weeks will be worth it.

Yeah, I have noticed as well that they are quite random - Again - not provisioning, but in crafting, the best rewards that I get are the tempers for increasing item rarity, and sometimes items that have boosted inspiration gain when deconstructed - Ive never actually "worn" or properly used any of the rewards - I do it for the inspiration gains :smile:
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My provisioning is it level improvement level 2 and the last two days I've only got one recipe from each reward. My friend, however, pumped his up to 7 and got a few purples from his first one.

Presumably he had a greater chance at those because of his higher improvement level? Just checking before I splurt points in.

Are you sure he did not get some Purple Ingredients? No matter how high the writ level, you get one recipe per writ. Purple L2 Recipes are quite rare, but the writs are the best way to get those. Unless you like farming containers. Anyway, there are only two L2 purple food recipes, 4 at L3, 8 for the other levels. Of course drinks have theirs too, but at the same counts.

As for Purple Ingredients, I get them all the time on my provisioners doing low level writs. I don't remember getting all that many at L1, but at L2 and above I was getting them quite often. Probably since there are no L1 Purples, you don't get any at L1 Writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Yeah I'm sure. Sometimes the Writs show you the contents and other times it doesn't so I always check through if that's the case. At that stage I didn't have any purple ingredients so there was no chance of them getting 'lost'.

Since i've pumped it up to 5/6 RI (incorrectly stated the max value in my OP), however, I have noticed a dramatic increase in rarer rewards. I have maxed Provisioning at 5/6 RI on three characters now so I've accumulated a fair share.

Thanks