The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should /say and /emote be something readable across all alliances in Cyrodiil

michaelarryn
michaelarryn
✭✭✭
I was thinking this could help in the immersion experience what do you all think?
Edited by michaelarryn on February 5, 2016 2:38PM

Should /say and /emote be something readable across all alliances in Cyrodiil 17 votes

Yes, good idea!
82%
EnodocDaraughChiba_EmiAleswallmichaelarrynFaugaunThevampirenightLokrynReverbLarianaThe_4O4CaoimhealFather_X_ZombieCourtneyManson 14 votes
No! Please explain..
17%
lolo_01b16_ESOtengriPrabooo 3 votes
  • Caoimheal
    Caoimheal
    ✭✭
    Yes, good idea!
    People are rude generally. I bet the sort of banter you'd get from someone of an opposing faction is no worse than the sort you get from people on your own!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, good idea!
    Yes please, then we can stop cluttering guild chat with our cross faction ERP.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, good idea!
    And also /yell. Particularly /yell. If I'm yelling stuff, everyone's going to hear it. You don't suddenly have selective hearing to only hear people of your own side yelling.
    Edited by Enodoc on February 22, 2016 3:27PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No! Please explain..
    I don't think it would be a good idea.
    1. People would use it to insult each other
    2. /say and /yell is used for tactical information like where to set up siege or where the enemies attack if you have multiple solo players and small groups fighting together
    3. From an RP pov: Why should an orc understand it, if a group of Khajiit discusses battle strategies?

For /emote I and maybe some new /rpsay I don't see any problems.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, good idea!
    2. /say and /yell is used for tactical information like where to set up siege or where the enemies attack if you have multiple solo players and small groups fighting together
    That's a reasonable comment on /say. But when you yell, you're being loud. You should forfeit tactical advantage if you're going to be yelling your plans loud enough for everyone to hear.
    3. From an RP pov: Why should an orc understand it, if a group of Khajiit discusses battle strategies?
    Everyone speaks Tamrielic in general conversation; and even if someone was speaking solely in Ta'agra, you'd still hear it if they were talking loudly enough, even if you couldn't understand it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp