The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't bid on guild traders: UI Error

Isbilen
Isbilen
✭✭✭✭✭
I've tried bidding on a whole bunch of traders now, and restarting the game to no avail. Every time I press the "Bid on trader" option I get this error:

WFNQAst.jpg
Edited by Isbilen on June 30, 2015 4:54PM
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have got the same problem on PS4

can't bid on Guild Trader doesn't work
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    I have got the same problem on PS4

can't bid on Guild Trader doesn't work

I tried contacting support, but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere either... Just suggestions to restart the game which I've already done many times as I'm sure you have too, and using the stuck command for some reason to fix a UI error.

Seems like the only solution is to create a new rank with the ability to bid on traders and promote someone you trust who doesn't have the bug...
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Could you please try these steps?
    To delete save data on the Xbox One
    • From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps
    • Go to Games
    • Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller
    • Select Manage Game
    • Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user
    • Select Delete

This will not erase your characters, no worries.
    Feel free to reply back if it didn't solve your issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • aleksei.benedict_ESO
    aleksei.benedict_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing has been happening to me for the past three weeks. Contacted support but was told to do the same thing as above suggestion and have not heard from them since. Deleting that character data does not help. At least in my case. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
  • aleksei.benedict_ESO
    aleksei.benedict_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here's a pic of one of my errors.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Could you please try these steps?
    To delete save data on the Xbox One
    • From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps
    • Go to Games
    • Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller
    • Select Manage Game
    • Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user
    • Select Delete

This will not erase your characters, no worries.
    Feel free to reply back if it didn't solve your issue.

Didn't work, still getting the same UI error
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Guild Traders aren't worth it. Other Guilds bid so high that it's not worth the Gold to spend just to keep it for a week; now if they changed it so the Guild would keep the trader for a month, then that would be a different story.
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    The best solution would be to drop the stupid guild trader system for a proper auction house like World of Warcraft.
  • Winbot
    Winbot
    I have the exact same error message even after the wipe.....UI Error
    EsoUI/Ingame/Guildkiosk/Gamepad/Guildkiosk_Gamepad.lua:596:
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting this error on PS4. :/
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Global Auction house.

Problem Solved
  • Smokesalot
    Smokesalot
    Soul Shriven
    I'm experiencing this on my PS4. No matter how many times I delete the saved data, the problem is still there. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Smokesalot
    Smokesalot
    Soul Shriven
    Im currently experiencing this error on my PS4 also. I've tried deleting the saved data, delete/reinstall game, then a full ps4 system intialization (reformat) and the problem still persists. The last thing I tried was to logon with a different playstation account and it worked for that char/account.

Please help, I need my main account fixed.. It's some type of server-side issue.

• Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an ongoing issue for me on the Xbox One since a week or 2 after the launch and it needs fixed...not to mention being booted back to the dashboard every hour or 2. This is RIDICULOUS! We have spent full price or more on a broken game full of bugs, glitches, and exploits. Instead of fixing the game, you try to sell us useless junk in the crown store and paid dlc content. FIX THE GAME! Any other developer would've had this and several other bugs worked out by now! I was so excited to see that this game was coming to consoles as I love MMORPG's and i love Elder Scrolls games, but if this is any indication as to how this game is going to be handled then you better expect yet another upcoming scramble to shift your business model.Coming in 2016: PY2P - Pay you 2 play...because those are the only customers that will be left, ones you pay to stick around. Get your heads out of your asses! You have a gold mine that you're sitting on, but you're destroying it along with your loyal fan base. If you are in over your heads, hire more people. If your people can't figure it out, hire better people.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe they are still insisting that fixing the error is OUR responsibility by deleting saved game data etc...

Listen... I'll spell it out clearly for you Zenimax...

IT.... DOES.... NOT... WORK!!

Emphasis on the NOT...

Eso Plus member since the beginning, purchased crowns - and this is VERY frustrating.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    This is still an issue I can confirm. Will try the above fix tonight but from the other posts don't expect a solution. :-(

@ZOS_GinaBruno is this even being looked at?
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Yogizilla
    Yogizilla
    Same problem here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, which would indicate it's not a client-side issue. I cleared system cache and character/user data as well.. Still the same problem.

XBox One (of course). =oP
    Check out our guides in the GeekyAntics Network Facebook fan page Notes section (must be logged onto full web site, not app/mobile). We are GeekyAntics everywhere: Twitch, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. VM/SMS: 646-801-2149

http://geekyantics.net/podcasts