Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild Guide: The Basics"

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ruben wrote: »
    It's working now for me.

I don't like this:
    Collect powerful new item sets including four new sets from Maw of Lorkhaj, a new craftable set, and two non-crafted sets.

From the previous details page:
    Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the Thieves Guild
    4 item sets that grant unique, group-based PVE bonuses available in the Maw of Lorkhaj Trial and as Trial leaderboard weekly rewards
    2 sets available in Hew's Bane
    3 new craftable sets

Which is it? 1 or 3 new craftable sets?

It should be 3 new craftable sets. Sorry for the confusion!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have got a question on Thieves Guild devs, will the new motifs, style mats and sets be BOP or BOE, or will they be tradable between players?

The reason I am asking is that I really would love to have all of them tradable, as in my opinion although I know that BOP and BOE contributes to the rarity and exclusivity of the gear, I am more convinced, that making the new stuff tradable would totally boost the economy in ESO.

@ZOS_annamurchison, @Zos_mikefinnigan @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @Wrobel
    Edited by altemriel on February 3, 2016 7:51PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What does "Gain an assistant from supporting the Thieves Guild's endeavors in Abah's Landing."
    mean exactly?
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on February 3, 2016 7:06PM
    :trollin:
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruben wrote: »
    It's working now for me.

I don't like this:
    Collect powerful new item sets including four new sets from Maw of Lorkhaj, a new craftable set, and two non-crafted sets.

From the previous details page:
    Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the Thieves Guild
    4 item sets that grant unique, group-based PVE bonuses available in the Maw of Lorkhaj Trial and as Trial leaderboard weekly rewards
    2 sets available in Hew's Bane
    3 new craftable sets

Which is it? 1 or 3 new craftable sets?

It should be 3 new craftable sets. Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you, Gina :)
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does "Gain an assistant from supporting the Thieves Guild's endeavors in Abah's Landing."
    mean exactly?

He/she/it's going to be a quest reward.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    mean exactly?

I believe you gain an assistant (called Pirharri The Smuggler) that appears in your Collectibles tab after you complete the Thieves Guild questline.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the "Assistant" there to help you with sneaky Thieves Guild quests in case you are, say, a Heavy Armor Orc who is not likely to excel at stealth? In other words, is this Assistant an NPC member of the Thieves Guild? Or is this a general support character who will get me coffee and set up tee times at Bal-tus-Rol golf course?
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natch potes? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does that flying dragon frog thing breathe fire?!?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »
    mean exactly?

I believe you gain an assistant (called Pirharri The Smuggler) that appears in your Collectibles tab after you complete the Thieves Guild questline.

I guess, it will be more a quest reward during the Thieves Guild quest line, not after finishing it
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooo I am so excited about all the new criminal activities. Love the repeatable quests from the theives guild in Skyrim. I felt more like a thief in that game compare to the other elder scrolls series. I am also loving the idea of heists
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we are being given two DLCs in a row for people who are into being criminals (Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood). When do we get something for those of us who aren't into stealing and murder?
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    mean exactly?

I guess, it will be more a quest reward during the Thieves Guild quest line, not after finishing it

@altemriel I don't believe so, because in this image (at the foot of the Collectible description) it states it'll be obtained after the Thieves Guild questline is completed. Image: http://pic.fullrest.ru/RFl79fEZ.png
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    mean exactly?

@altemriel I don't believe so, because in this image (at the foot of the Collectible description) it states it'll be obtained after the Thieves Guild questline is completed. Image: http://pic.fullrest.ru/RFl79fEZ.png

aha, hmm, interresting, so you are right then..thanks for the image
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    New styles and costume look amazing, by the way!