Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The New Motifs

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
According to the new info/video that was released today:

"Six new crafting styles
• Three Alliance Motifs: Found in chests in Cyrodiil and Imperial City
• Malacath: Received from Orsinium Daily World Boss quests
• Soul-Shriven: Received from completing the Cadwell's Silver quest (automatically granted to those who have completed this quest)
• Trinimac: Received from Orsinium Daily Delve quests"

So this is extremely cool, but I do have two questions that would be VERY helpful if answered. @ZOS_GinaBruno

1. Will motifs for Julianos/Malacath drop from Wrothgar Daily Quest Recompense containers you have earned prior to the Thieve's Guild patch?

2. Are the Alliance motifs counted as three separate motifs or one single motif? Can someone on the Daggerfall Covenant craft armor in the Ebonheart Pact Motif?

Best Answers

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Anyone comfirm if saved bags from Orsinium Delves and World Bosses have a chance to drop Malacath or Trinimac style motifs?

I'm sitting on almost 60 bags on Ps4 and inventory management is ridiculous.

If they don't drop I can open them and be done with it.

I stored containers on 3 chars but didnt get any pages, so far 2 pages out of 6 new containers.
    Answer ✓
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone comfirm if saved bags from Orsinium Delves and World Bosses have a chance to drop Malacath or Trinimac style motifs?

Sorry man in another thread a guy quoted a ZoS statement saying none of the old bags will be eligible only new daily rewards will. You can save them until launch and see for yourself ( but I am informing you so your hopes are not up since this was confirmed to not be the case ). However if you have rewards of the worthy in your mail save those - they are confirmed to change to the new sets after DLC release ( hope this helps you at least :smile: )
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Answer ✓
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I asked ZOS specifically on PTS forum and they said No
    Answer ✓
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    good questions!
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't want to do that boring dailyes for Malacath & Trinimac.

Hope they will not be bound
    Hope it will not be chapters

Hope for easy stones to craft them.

Already affraid.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we start receiving the Yokudan style stones from deonning currently dropped gear?
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    good questions!

I second that.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »

Already affraid.

I was going to say.. due the what motifs have been lately (FRAGMENTS EVEN), wondering if they will even each be a book seems like high hopes... although I REALLY hope they are...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    When can we start receiving the Yokudan style stones from deonning currently dropped gear?

Is the Yokedan motif even in the game yet? If so where do you get it from?
    Doncellius wrote: »

"Six new crafting styles
    • Soul-Shriven: Received from completing the Cadwell's Silver quest (automatically granted to those who have completed this quest)

So this is extremely cool, but I do have two questions that would be VERY helpful if answered. @ZOS_GinaBruno

1. Will motifs for Julianos/Malacath drop from Wrothgar Daily Quest Recompense containers you have earned prior to the Thieve's Guild patch?

2. Are the Alliance motifs counted as three separate motifs or one single motif? Can someone on the Daggerfall Covenant craft armor in the Ebonheart Pact Motif?

I can see all these being page drops. I think the days of entire books are long gone... unless rn-jesus is on your side for the entire book.

While nice to have I think they are going a little overboard on motif pages. A mix of each would be better and thus make a style more rare if it only came in book form.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it's pretty clear that these motifs (besides Soul-Shriven) will drop in pages. Hopefully they won't be too rare though.

Funny. I cared so much for these, but after watching the 1/29/16 Thieve's Guild Special livestream that ZOS did, there is no doubt in my mind that I'm using the new trial gear. No matter how bad the new Maw of Lorkhaj sets may turn out to be, they look amazing. This update has many great motifs coming out....

Not sure if my question is gonna get answered though :-(
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly hope these styles look good, like the Ebonheart style looks like the Ebonheart Pact in the cinematic... Because the Akaviri REALLY dissapointed me.

I also hope someone can answer your questions because they are very good questions OP!
    @Duiwel:

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duiwel We already know what all of these styles (besides Soul-Shriven) look like:

Trinimac
    3bdbb2565ec98055a2.jpg?_ga=1.240881603.1903057267.1432916743
    6cbe5e12512972493329f0b5e77a24.jpg

Malacath
    a84262e13d36b169ab.jpg

Daggerfall Covenant
    Daggerfall-Covenant-Base.jpg

Ebonheart Pact
    Ebonheart-Pact-Base.jpg

Aldmeri Dominion
    Aldmeri-Dominion-Base.jpg
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pics, I don't like the alliance helmets at all apart from the heavy armour AD one.

But most alliance armours chest pieces look fantastic so I am really excited :smile:
    @Duiwel:

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Thanks for the pics, I don't like the alliance helmets at all apart from the heavy armour AD one.

But most alliance armours chest pieces look fantastic so I am really excited :smile:

I'm digging DC light hat! B)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    As owning telvar stone armor, I can say that this style rocks.
    I can easily predict that a lot of pvpers will greatly like to wear their new stuff with their faction style.

(Roleplayers too)
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it's pretty clear that these motifs (besides Soul-Shriven) will drop in pages. Hopefully they won't be too rare though.

Funny. I cared so much for these, but after watching the 1/29/16 Thieve's Guild Special livestream that ZOS did, there is no doubt in my mind that I'm using the new trial gear. No matter how bad the new Maw of Lorkhaj sets may turn out to be, they look amazing. This update has many great motifs coming out....

Not sure if my question is gonna get answered though :-(

Next ESO Live announcement: instead of page drops there will be new letter drops. Collect all letters to equal words! Collect all the words to get a page! Collect all pages to equal a chapter! Or just buy them for 20 bucks in the cash shop...
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Six new crafting styles

Woah!!! I did not know there were new motifs. Can you please share the link about the announcement of these motifs? Thanks.

--nevermind. just found it lol
    Edited by me_ming on February 2, 2016 5:33AM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • bountyspiter
    bountyspiter
    ✭✭✭

Already affraid.

best reply i've seen this morning :smiley: thanks for cheering me up :smile:
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This I want to know; I was saving containers until my alt hit V16... now I want to know if I should keep saving them until TG or go ahead and open them up.

Hopefully we'll find out on PTS in a few days.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yokudan looks very Japanese Samurai style. There are currently set armor pieces that drop in this style, albeit the motif itself hasn't been introduced into the game yet, and you cannot get style stones from deconning those set pieces. Yet...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg, huge fan of all of them.... first time Im this stoked for the appearance
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ OP it was stated earlier that the daily rewards boxes are "in flux" while not opened meaning the loot will only be generated afterwards.

I would say it is safe to assume this goes for the daily writs as well, meaning you can farm them before the patch and still get motifs after opening them after the patch has released.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlackEar That actually sounds pretty reasonable. Similar to Gold Undaunted Keys when the Mercenary motif released.
    Thanks for bringing this up.

Still need to know about the Alliance motifs though! Is it called "Alliance", including all three styles? Is it three separate motifs, one for each Alliance? Can a crafter from one alliance craft the style of another alliance? Please ZOS!!!

Hopefully the patch notes will clarify this.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yokudan style stones? what are you talking about? is that some new motif being added?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can easily predict that a lot of pvpers will greatly like to wear their new stuff with their faction style.

(Roleplayers too)

"Telvar stone armor"? what are you talking about? pics pls?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yokudan looks very Japanese Samurai style. There are currently set armor pieces that drop in this style, albeit the motif itself hasn't been introduced into the game yet, and you cannot get style stones from deconning those set pieces. Yet...

hmm, I never heard of that armor style. do you have pics pls?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Duiwel We already know what all of these styles (besides Soul-Shriven) look like:

Trinimac
    3bdbb2565ec98055a2.jpg?_ga=1.240881603.1903057267.1432916743
    6cbe5e12512972493329f0b5e77a24.jpg

Malacath
    a84262e13d36b169ab.jpg

Daggerfall Covenant
    Daggerfall-Covenant-Base.jpg

Ebonheart Pact
    Ebonheart-Pact-Base.jpg

Aldmeri Dominion
    Aldmeri-Dominion-Base.jpg

awesome!! thanks for the pics!!
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anka-ra_warriors_concept2.png

This is the concept art for Yokudan.

There are add-on's which will tell which style a particular piece of dropped armor is, such as Breton, Red Guard, etc. There are a few of them which have always been Yokudan. The motif is already in the database and has a Style # that can be datamined along with its associated style stone.
  • Amachie
    Amachie
    altemriel wrote: »

(Roleplayers too)

"Telvar stone armor"? what are you talking about? pics pls?

Its an armor you can buy from TelVar merchants.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anka-ra_warriors_concept2.png

This is the concept art for Yokudan.

There are add-on's which will tell which style a particular piece of dropped armor is, such as Breton, Red Guard, etc. There are a few of them which have always been Yokudan. The motif is already in the database and has a Style # that can be datamined along with its associated style stone.

It's too bad we didn't get this style motif. I really like the heavy armor of this style.
    NA/PC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aquanova According to the same people that datamined Crown motifs before announcement of Mercenary, Akaviri, and Glass, the Yokudan motif will eventually come as well! :)
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aquanova According to the same people that datamined Crown motifs before announcement of Mercenary, Akaviri, and Glass, the Yokudan motif will eventually come as well! :)

Man that's awesome! I can't wait :)
    Edited by Aquanova on February 9, 2016 9:35AM
    NA/PC
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, just consider that they want a new style in every DLC, so Yokudan will come long later.
    next dlc will be in dunmer zone, and one of the two next will be in black marsh.

so maybe in sept or dec. but not before.