Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a magika NB, where should I put my champion points?

Espresso
Espresso
I'm pretty lost when it comes to this
  • Espresso
    Espresso
    A high elf btw
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the stars' tool tip and if it helps your build then put some points in it.

Read the big starts tool tip too to see if you want that passive.....and if you do then you will figure out how to optimally fill up that constellation to get the big star's passive. If you don't need any big star passive just put points to help your build like:

reducing magica cost of abilities
    increasing magica regeneration
    increasing spell power
    maybe getting the big star that increases your magica crit rate.
    put some points in damage reduction stars...

it is up to you how you distribute the points.
    Edited by Didgerion on February 2, 2016 5:38PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thaumaturge and Elfborn are your primary stars for boosting damage. Capping Thaumaturge should be your primary goal, but don't neglect the 12% increased spell crit in the Apprentice tree.

Magician and Arcanist are your primary stars for resource management. Generally I take more reduced cost than recovery, but it's a matter of preference in many cases.

Your defensive stars are more flexible, but I would start by putting points into Hardy. It never hurts to have a little Quick Recovery too. I like to also put points into Thick Skinned and at least one point into Elemental Defender, but as I said it's flexible, and you should adjust these according to your playstyle and preferred content.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 2, 2016 5:46PM
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ygzpr.jpg
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PVE DPS I do the following:

Blue Tree:
    29CP in Elfborn, 1 CP in Spell erosion (Do this first to get the 12% Crit)
    Then max out Thaumaturge to 100
    Then keep putting them into Elfborn until you hit the cap.
    (Optional)I weave inferno staff and Funnel Health, so I put 10 into elemental expert to boost my staff attacks and Ice Comet as well

Green Tree:
    I put most into Magician (reduced cost), and then some into recovery and some into reduced dodge roll. Keep Siphoning Attacks up while weaving and you will have very few resource management issues. My high elf NB has 800 recovery and I rarely run into issues. I have Spell power/Spell Crit/Restore Magicka Potions slotted if I dip too low, but this rarely occurs. Can't stress how good siphoning attacks is eneough.

Red Tree:
    This one is up to you. I split most between Hardy and Elemental Defender, and put a few in quick recover, thick skinned, and a few in light armor focus.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4