The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HOW I FIXED: unable to connect to the game server!

izJordy
izJordy
✭✭✭
i've been disconnected from the eso servers 14875 times, every 5 mins i would disconnect.. trust me guys i feel you all, i bought elder scrolls and couldn't even play once for weeks, continue disconnections saying i don't have valid internet but hey? i have 200mbs, ethernet, so what did i do? yes i've done everything i'll list everything i did and you could try! reseted my PS4, reinstalled software and reinstalled the game, did it work? nope! i've opened all the needed ports, dmz, everything you could possible think of.. did it work? nope! i kinda got desperate, i took my PS4 to my sisters house and played elder scrolls on my console, my game just a different location and i didn't get kicked once! my friends never disconnect they took their PS4 to my house and they did disconnect.. so maybe it is my ISP? my internet?? i have the best internet possible i couldn't believe this was the issue but it had to? i called my ISP, they REPLACED THE MODEM, yes guys i got a new modem.. did it work? NOPE still disconnecting? WTF? i logged in on my internet, so u can portforward and change settings.. i accidently turned off the wifi.. so no wifi was avaible in the house.. just my PS4 cause its connected with a ethernet cable.. guess what? its FIXED! i never disconnect anymore, as soon as i turn on the wifi i do disconnect.. so guys if you are desperate and you've tried everything like i have? make sure to try this and turn off your wifi! the eso servers aint the best, but 70% doesn't disconnect and then the other 30% does? so it can't be the game right? it must be at your end.. i hope turning off your wifi works for you.. if it does contact your isp about that problem!
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP in Azura's Star is becoming unplayable. Disconnects are worse. Lag is out of control. I run with lot of people and they all have issues. All of them. It's not 30%.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    PVP in Azura's Star is becoming unplayable. Disconnects are worse. Lag is out of control. I run with lot of people and they all have issues. All of them. It's not 30%.

This.

Although I understand you, OP. Ethernet would be more reliable.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Dreddlock-
    Dreddlock-
    ✭✭
    Port forwarding ftw
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Wish we can be lucky like you OP, but its not my end.

As I have posted sooo many times, its ESO. ALL my online games dont DC like ESO does.
    Playing wow on a crappy laptop doesn't DC me.
    Playing Planetside 2, DCUO, Diablo 3, gta 5, BF4, mgs5and the list goes on WITHOUT DCs.

So no, I dont believe its our end.
    I do believe its either poorly optimized for consoles or inadequate server hardware ... Or both.
    But definitely not our end. IF all my games DC'd me then I would think its my end, but my games dont DC, not even 1/4 as much as ESO .

*Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to fix the faultsin this game is to buy a new game, made by a company who can make them properly.
  • BigLamb
    BigLamb
    I had a similar problem, being kicked every 20 mins or when I entered a new zone. After some investigating it was my ISP Time Warner. Packet loss outside of my own residence. Most ISPs won't even acknowledge this because you get stuck talking to a level 1 tech guy that's reading a script. They wanted to replace my modem/router. I explained that wasn't necessary and I could show them where the issue was at outside my residence. Took them two weeks but they finally fixed it.

Lately when it's happened and it rarely does anymore I have just rebooted my modem or hard wired straight into my PS4 bypassing my wifi. The basics first to at least eliminate your own network and your ISP as the issue. Run a speedtest from your pc to make sure you are getting reliable download/upload speeds. Test for packet loss. I am sure most of you have. I wish you all good luck
  • BigLamb
    BigLamb
    multiple posts, sorry
    Edited by BigLamb on February 2, 2016 4:39PM
  • BigLamb
    BigLamb
    and yet another, well at least I am not at home when this happens
    Edited by BigLamb on February 2, 2016 4:39PM